Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

anyone do UCA's or feel like they should have
I did the UCA’s. I swapped the springs in front to the 550lb springs and got 3” in the front so decided to add them.

Ford Bronco Eibach Pro Lift Kit for the 2021+ Ford Bronco (Sasquatch Package) IMG_3215
Sponsored

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For those that did springs-only upgrade to squatch bilsteins:

Did you also do track bar bracket or is fresh alignment sufficient?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those that did springs-only upgrade to squatch bilsteins:

Did you also do track bar bracket or is fresh alignment sufficient?
I did not do the track bar bracket right away, but added it later. Alignment was acceptable, and street ride was ok, till I hit really large bumps at higher speeds, then I could feel that little bit of rear shuffle. It was driveable, but the track bar bracket made it perfect. I also added rear spacers to even out the lift, so mine really does need the track bar lift bracket now. Most heavier 4drs probably don't need it

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the UCA’s. I swapped the springs in front to the 550lb springs and got 3” in the front so decided to add them.

Ford Bronco Eibach Pro Lift Kit for the 2021+ Ford Bronco (Sasquatch Package) IMG_3215
Do your Icon UCAs make noise when moving over bumps? Mine does make a noise even though they are well lubricated.

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do your Icon UCAs make noise when moving over bumps? Mine does make a noise even though they are well lubricated.
No problems with the UCA’s making any noise on mine.

Sponsored

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The instructions say to cut down the bump stops. I didnt and i dont think anyone else on here did either but that may improve your issue

Screenshot_20221107_172009_Samsung Notes.jpg
I did trim the bump stops when I installed them. Maybe I should trim some more off. I’m gonna give it a little before I mess with it.

Are you also experiencing the top out issue? Based on mine I would assume it would be pretty bad without the bump stops trimmed.
I did trim them during install.
Do you have an extra weight upfront, like a winch or something?
I don’t think trimming the bump stop would matter if the shock is topping out. Messing with any bump stop would only effect it on the compression not the extension. Don’t quote me im not a shock guy but I think they want you to trim the bump stop so the spring will be fully compressed when it touches it. If it doesn’t it’s going to put more strain on the bump stop it self and not take some of that load off in the spring.
This is incorrect.

I called Eibach today to get clarity since the terms 'modification' and 'reuse' on the same page seemed ambiguous along with other generic info (ex. the profile drawn doesn't look like the SAS bumps at all)

Not to mention adding more layers of steel and air to my coilover and something inside them bottoming out sooner never added up to me

Eibach tech support said that if they had meant to trim they would have stated a dimension between the two arrows there

Confusing and arguably damaging paperwork that reads much more clearer if you were for instance, putting *lowering* springs on your Honda civic- heres that for comparison:

Ford Bronco Eibach Pro Lift Kit for the 2021+ Ford Bronco (Sasquatch Package) Screenshot_20231106_132421_Xodo

Anyone bottom out hard on their springs instead of their trimmed bump stops yet?

Future diy's take note!

mvilla

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Bronco w/ Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if this is a stupid question but this is my first time attempting anything like this.

Do I need any special tools to swap to the 550 lb springs? I haven’t installed this lift yet so the coilovers will be fresh out the box

guynort

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrack, '19 TTRS, '19 Q7, '97 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry if this is a stupid question but this is my first time attempting anything like this.

Do I need any special tools to swap to the 550 lb springs? I haven’t installed this lift yet so the coilovers will be fresh out the box

Assuming you mean "coils" will be fresh out the box. I swapped springs in this past weekend so it's fresh in my mind.
I have replaced springs about 5 times in different cars but this was my first offroad vehicle. the rears went smoothly and quick. the fronts were much tougher. the fronts are stiffer and need more compression. I was using a cheap loaner compressor from an auto parts store and ended up having to rent a 2nd compressor set to get it done. the 1st compressor would not grab enough coils.

If i need to do it again i will take the coilovers to a shop to have them swapped. It's a 20 minute swap with the right tools and much safer.

mvilla

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Assuming you mean "coils" will be fresh out the box. I swapped springs in this past weekend so it's fresh in my mind.
I have replaced springs about 5 times in different cars but this was my first offroad vehicle. the rears went smoothly and quick. the fronts were much tougher. the fronts are stiffer and need more compression. I was using a cheap loaner compressor from an auto parts store and ended up having to rent a 2nd compressor set to get it done. the 1st compressor would not grab enough coils.

If i need to do it again i will take the coilovers to a shop to have them swapped. It's a 20 minute swap with the right tools and much safer.
I mean both the shocks and the coils will be brand new and not installed on my bronco. Would I still need a compressor to do that?

Edit: I purchased the Eibach 2.0 front and rear suspension and the Eibach 2.0 front spring upgrade

guynort

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

you would. you have to compress the installed spring to get the strut top off. then uncompress it. then compress the new spring to install on the strut and get the strut top back on. then uncompress and install the coilover on the rig.

Sponsored

mvilla

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you would. you have to compress the installed spring to get the strut top off. then uncompress it. then compress the new spring to install on the strut and get the strut top back on. then uncompress and install the coilover on the rig.
Ok thanks for the info. Was the loaner set you used the one that goes on the outside of the spring?

guynort

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

yes, comes in a pair.

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok thanks for the info. Was the loaner set you used the one that goes on the outside of the spring?
A bit of advice. If you aren’t mechanically inclined or have never/don’t know how to compress a spring, you really should let a shop do it. Those spring compressors that you rent can be extremely dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing. Especially on such a heavy rated spring. I’m all for installing your own mods, but this one might be best left for the shop. They don’t call them widowmakers for nothing