Sponsored

2.3 & 2.7 Failed Turbo List (33 Counting Slowly Working on List)

23WildTrakAGM

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco WildTrak, 2023 Mustang Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Add another to the count... 2023 WildTrak 2.7L, Powertrain Malfunction/Engine Reduced Power & Service Engine Soon Warning Light - Turbocharger Wastegate may be stuck and requires service as per Ford Pass App. 16 Miles, on way home from picking up at Dealership on Feb 3, 2023.

Build Date - Jan 19, 2023.

Dealer says bad Passenger Side Turbo and requires replacement. Not sure if the Turbo is "bad" or typical "easier to replace it then to figure out what's wrong and fix it". Engine seemed to run fine and there was no noticeable loss of power, but that's based on only 10 minutes of ownership.

Very disappointing after very long wait as most can appreciate.
Sponsored

OP
OP
telenerd

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Add another to the count... 2023 WildTrak 2.7L, Powertrain Malfunction/Engine Reduced Power & Service Engine Soon Warning Light - Turbocharger Wastegate may be stuck and requires service as per Ford Pass App. 16 Miles, on way home from picking up at Dealership on Feb 3, 2023.

Build Date - Jan 19, 2023.

Dealer says bad Passenger Side Turbo and requires replacement. Not sure if the Turbo is "bad" or typical "easier to replace it then to figure out what's wrong and fix it". Engine seemed to run fine and there was no noticeable loss of power, but that's based on only 10 minutes of ownership.

Very disappointing after very long wait as most can appreciate.
Post updated. Sorry to hear about your issue. Yours sounds like mine. The was an electric piece the dealer ended up replacing on the passenger turbo for the waste gate. Then after I picked it up they found a nut that was missing on the waste gate that was causing the waste gate to not open. Keep in mind I’m no mechanic. I could share my service bill with you.

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Dealer just replaced my passenger side turbocharger assembly after the same "Powertrain malfunction/Turbo wastegate" alerts.

2021 2.7 with 13,060 miles and a build date of 11 August 2021.

Total repair took 2-weeks due to lead time on the turbo.

Ford Bronco 2.3 & 2.7 Failed Turbo List (33 Counting Slowly Working on List) IMG-4560
Ford Bronco 2.3 & 2.7 Failed Turbo List (33 Counting Slowly Working on List) IMG-4553

OP
OP
telenerd

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer just replaced my passenger side turbocharger assembly after the same "Powertrain malfunction/Turbo wastegate" alerts.

2021 2.7 with 13,060 miles and a build date of 11 August 2021.

Total repair took 2-weeks due to lead time on the turbo.

Ford Bronco 2.3 & 2.7 Failed Turbo List (33 Counting Slowly Working on List) IMG-4553
List updated. Thanks for sharing.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Somehow I didn’t see this the first time I searched. I got the same errors but the dealer is telling me the wastegate is fine now. Going back to get the truck in a bit.

Sponsored

mrandol

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Somehow I didn’t see this the first time I searched. I got the same errors but the dealer is telling me the wastegate is fine now. Going back to get the truck in a bit.
Did you ever have any more issues? My wastegate just got stuck, but it came loose and there is not an issue anymore.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you ever have any more issues? My wastegate just got stuck, but it came loose and there is not an issue anymore.
Not yet. They cleared the code and “performed troubleshooting” without specifying.

ZIA07

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Happened to me yesterday on my way back a 1,000 mile trip to Colorado. Dealership can’t get me in until next Monday. Does anyone know if it’s safe to drive? Dealership seemed to think it would be fine. I didn’t notice anything unusual after it happened, performance wise. After shutting off the vehicle, the wrench symbol went away. Add me to list.
2 door Sasquatch
2.3 automatic
4k ish miles

IMG_4482.png

OP
OP
telenerd

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happened to me yesterday on my way back a 1,000 mile trip to Colorado. Dealership can’t get me in until next Monday. Does anyone know if it’s safe to drive? Dealership seemed to think it would be fine. I didn’t notice anything unusual after it happened, performance wise. After shutting off the vehicle, the wrench symbol went away. Add me to list.
2 door Sasquatch
2.3 automatic
4k ish miles

IMG_4482.png
I wouldn’t drive it. But up to you. I got you added.

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if the turbos are the same from engine to engine? Clearly happening to both but the 2.3 seems to come up more often then the 2.7.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if the turbos are the same from engine to engine? Clearly happening to both but the 2.3 seems to come up more often then the 2.7.
They’re completely different.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door Sasquatch
2.3 automatic
4k ish miles

Ford Bronco 2.3 & 2.7 Failed Turbo List (33 Counting Slowly Working on List) IMG_4482
They did nothing. I got an OBD reader “blue drive“ to check the faults myself in future.

ZIA07

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
They did nothing. I got an OBD reader “blue drive“ to check the faults myself in future.
That’s a good idea. Has yours done it since? I have a feeling the dealership is going to do nothing also.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s a good idea. Has yours done it since? I have a feeling the dealership is going to do nothing also.
The lines on the page said cleared codes, performed troubleshooting. So they seem to think it was a transient error. Not yet.
Sponsored