Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

what are the engine # indicated on valve cover range of suspect bad valve motors? Thx.
It has not been conclusively determined. There is another thread that gives the current build date range. Do a search and it should be easy to find. The count is up to 33 so far on the site.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Are you going to paint your top white like your photo?
I'm on the backburner for the MY23 with the factory Mod top, in white.

However, at the rate of Ford quality issues and end customer non-friendly policies, allocation, ADM, etc, it may be the 12th of never.

In addition, it may be at least until we see Mod Top 2.0, since we know Ford is roof top designer challenged, the chances of them getting Mod Top 1.0 correct are probably about 30%.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm on the backburner for the MY23 with the factory Mod top, in white.

However, at the rate of Ford quality issues and end customer non-friendly policies, allocation, ADM, etc, it may be the 12th of never.

In addition, it may be at least until we see Mod Top 2.0, since we know Ford is roof top designer challenged, the chances of them getting Mod Top 1.0 correct are probably about 30%.
That is frustrating. Maybe something viable aftermarket could work even sooner.

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry about your motor.

I'll bet if 33 or .06% of all Broncos sold had catastrophic brake failure resulting in 20 deaths someone would take notice. Since it's only engines and no ones dies, does anyone at Ford really care?

Last edited:

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry about your motor.

I'll bet if 33 or .06% of all Broncos sold had catastrophic brake failure resulting in 20 deaths someone would take notice. Since it's only engines and no ones dies, does anyone, other than the owner, really care?
I really do care because I care not only about other people having problems and potential for becoming stranded far away off-roading but being married to someone who expects new vehicles to work for many miles problem free, I dare not get her too upset when she breaks down with less than 5k on the odometer. Reliability and breaking down affects everyone on this forum and who everyone who buys a Bronco.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really do care because I care not only about other people having problems and potential for becoming stranded far away off-roading but being married to someone who expects new vehicles to work for many miles problem free, I dare not get her too upset when she breaks down with less than 5k on the odometer. Reliability and breaking down affects everyone on this forum and who everyone who buys a Bronco.
Yea, I get it, I should have said does anyone at Ford really care. I feel horrible for the people going through this. Updated my post for clarity.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How is your replacement motor working out for you>? Are you back on the road now?

Cskyline

Base
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3500Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
So is all the 2.7 issues a valve problem? What has the ford technician determined as the fault ? is it a fuel issue related to controls or a mechanical issue ? I have ordered this engine because of the great reviews. I hope that this problem is addressed soon because what are the odds of someone having this problem several times as posted

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So is all the 2.7 issues a valve problem? What has the ford technician determined as the fault ? is it a fuel issue related to controls or a mechanical issue ? I have ordered this engine because of the great reviews. I hope that this problem is addressed soon because what are the odds of someone having this problem several times as posted
This is not super common and then to have it happen more than once is going to be even rarer.
Sponsored