Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I posted this in another thread, but 10th gear, 4.7 ratio, and with the 315's equals out to 2019rpm at 70mph. If you've driven anything with an ecoboost, you know they are primarily low/mid range power engines! Ford will spec the torque converter to give you great power off the line and on the trail. All that plus the drives modes... Have some faith! The 2.3 will be great!
Are you on the 2.3 EcoBoost bandwagon?
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Honestly I'm completely undecided. I don't even know if I want a 2 or 4 door. Both engines will be great options.

Of course more power and torque is better and the 2.7 will still get good fuel economy. It's going to come down to pricing and options. I don't have an unlimited budget, but if the 2.7 is attainable with whatever options are a must for me, I'll get it.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What would the downside be in going with the 4.7 ratio?
Pure highway fuel economy. Aggressive ratios like 4.7 or anything over 4.xx often get better fuel economy in the city. The engine doesn't have to work as hard to get the vehicle moving from a dead stop and acceleration is easier.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pure highway fuel economy. Aggressive ratios like 4.7 or anything over 4.xx often get better fuel economy in the city. The engine doesn't have to work as hard to get the vehicle moving from a dead stop and acceleration is easier.
Most of my highway driving is in short stints anyway, well under 7 miles. So that shouldn’t be too big of a deal. Unless the Bronco encourages me to go on a lot more trips to go play. Thank you for the answer.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have posted elsewhere in this forum the Fun Haver Ranger it is 2019 Ranger with an untuned 2.3 and 10 spd trans with 40's. That's right folks 40's !!!! I believe Loren said he has 5.13's or 5.40's but the main point was that he was impressed by how well the 2.3 works for being factory tuned and still having lots of power. If it is enough for a Ranger on 40's than it will be more than enough for a Bronco on 35's or 37's. (y)(y)

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have posted elsewhere in this forum the Fun Haver Ranger it is 2019 Ranger with an untuned 2.3 and 10 spd trans with 40's. That's right folks 40's !!!! I believe Loren said he has 5.13's or 5.40's but the main point was that he was impressed by how well the 2.3 works for being factory tuned and still having lots of power. If it is enough for a Ranger on 40's than it will be more than enough for a Bronco on 35's or 37's. (y)(y)

The Bronco will have up to a 4.70 gear for both front and rear axles.

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And you can tune the 2.3 Ranger/Bronco engine as well!

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco 2.3 EcoBoost on Higher Trims? 1594508263490

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you getting the 2.3 or 2.7?

Not decided yet. depends how things are optioned and pricing, I want all the off road stuff so if that's gets near to my limit then I will be happy with the 2.3, then bust out the tools and tape measure to squeeze the Godzilla in there. (y) (y)

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The base 3.3 V6 is only availbale on XL and XLT.

So it really comes down to how "base" the 2.3 is.

I tend to think both will be available on most trims. If the leaked axle ratios are true, the 2.3 will be fine with the 315's and the 4.7 ratio.
I would almost think that the 4.7s would be mandatory on the bigger tired models.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn't say Bronco, I said Ranger. but to be honest the Bronco suspension is a lot like the Ranger.

Here is the vid if you want to check it out. It's about 30 minutes long but the last ten are not about the Ranger. This is the early release of this Ranger and on Loren Healy's facebook page he has vids of flying through the air and trail running Moab. And he says about how he has 40's on it now.

Jomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah I posted this in another thread, but 10th gear, 4.7 ratio, and with the 315's equals out to 2019rpm at 70mph. If you've driven anything with an ecoboost, you know they are primarily low/mid range power engines! Ford will spec the torque converter to give you great power off the line and on the trail. All that plus the drives modes... Have some faith! The 2.3 will be great!
The good thing about 2019 rpm in the 2.3 is good mileage on the highway. The problem is that you are in a hole of torque below 2500 rpm. Not an issue if you have an automatic, but in a manual, be ready to down shift. This is where the 2.7 will dominate the 2.3 because of those tiny, twin turbos. Tons of torque down low and zero turbo lag.
Sponsored