Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Why do you think that the Bronco will make certain powertrains only available on certain trims? Can you give an example?
Looks at the rest of Ford's lineup for examples.

Examples: F-150 Limited, Explorer ST, etc..
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why do you think that the Bronco will make certain powertrains only available on certain trims? Can you give an example?
I'm not saying they will, but go configure any truck from any brand and you are limited in pairings with powertrain and trims in almost every single vehicle. Hopefully Ford will not do that with the Bronco.

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not saying they will, but go configure any truck from any brand and you are limited in pairings with powertrain and trims in almost every single vehicle. Hopefully Ford will not do that with the Bronco.
With the Wrangler, you can pair up the 2.0 turbo and the Pentastar V6 on the majority of its trims.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With the Wrangler, you can pair up the 2.0 turbo and the Pentastar V6 on the majority of its trims.
I'm more familiar with Chevy and Toyota, and they are really bad about powertrain options being tied to trim level. You want a MT Toyota, you have to go up 3 trim levels to get it or if you want a 4cyl 4WD, it's only on the base trim. You want the 6.2L in a Chevy, up 3 levels, or the 3.0L up 4 levels. So you end up paying for a lot of stuff you may not want just to get a motor or transmission you do want.

Not saying that's the case here as I hope it is not.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Speaking only for myself, absolutely yes.

Even though I'm not planning to buy until the 2nd or 3rd model year, I'm going to be on a limited budget already, and I'm planning on keeping my current vehicle (2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, 4.6L V-8), which is going to limit my budget even further (no trade-in).

If I have to stick with the 2.3L to get more of the factory available off road goodies on budget, so be it. It's still going to be a better engine than the 2.2L naturally aspirated I-4 that was in my first vehicle.

Sponsored

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be interested if the 2.3 had port injection in addition to direct injection like I think the 2.7 will have.

So, likely 2.7 for me.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Honestly I'm completely undecided. I don't even know if I want a 2 or 4 door. Both engines will be great options.

Of course more power and torque is better and the 2.7 will still get good fuel economy. It's going to come down to pricing and options. I don't have an unlimited budget, but if the 2.7 is attainable with whatever options are a must for me, I'll get it.
This ^ My sister has the 2.3 in her Explorer and I have driven it plenty of times and its fine in that application with the A6. I have also driven a friends ranger with the 2.3 with the A10 and it seems to be much better when paired with the A10 so I know the 2.3 for what I want out of the vehicle will be just fine.

However given the option to go with the 2.7 though I will for sure lean that way. I am very curious to see the option packages and different trims/builds tonight. All I really want is 4 Door, leather/fake leather seats and auto temp control. Give me that and the 2.7 and I will be one happy customer.

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This ^ My sister has the 2.3 in her Explorer and I have driven it plenty of times and its fine in that application with the A6. I have also driven a friends ranger with the 2.3 with the A10 and it seems to be much better when paired with the A10 so I know the 2.3 for what I want out of the vehicle will be just fine.

However given the option to go with the 2.7 though I will for sure lean that way. I am very curious to see the option packages and different trims/builds tonight. All I really want is 4 Door, leather/fake leather seats and auto temp control. Give me that and the 2.7 and I will be one happy customer.
I am leaning towards the 2.3. However, I am curious what the power output is going to be for both engines.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am leaning towards the 2.3. However, I am curious what the power output is going to be for both engines.

Just guessing I would assume that they would be direct carry overs from what they are now in other Fords.

I would assume the Bronco 2.3 would be the same as the ranger and the 2.7 would probably be the same as the F-150

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get power numbers tonight. They are probably still finalizing calibrations. Somewhere around the Ranger is a safe bet for the 2.3 and somewhere in-between the F-150 and Edge ST for the 2.7. Most enthusiasts will tune them either way so factory calibration really isn't that important

Sponsored
OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just guessing I would assume that they would be direct carry overs from what they are now in other Fords.

I would assume the Bronco 2.3 would be the same as the ranger and the 2.7 would probably be the same as the F-150
Are you getting the 2.3 or 2.7?

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the 2.7 is not tied into an option package or a high trim I will go 2.7

I have no issue with going 2.3 if I have to though.
Are you getting the 2 or 4 door?