Sponsored

2.3 Liter Sasquatch vs Non Sasquatch?!?!?!

BoatMan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If ANYONE has driven both a Sasquatch and a Non Sasquatch in a 2.3 Liter, I would love to hear from you! I have a 2022 Big Bend with Sasquatch on order, but am debating going back to the standard model. This Bronco is going to be on the pavement 90% of the time. The reason I chose the Sasquatch was for the looks, as the stock Big Bend just doesn't look quite right. I don't care about fuel economy, but I don't want to drop too much performance or nimble handling by going with the Sasquatch setup. By going to the Standard model, I would be shedding 188lbs of unsprung weight. This is going to be my daily driver, so how it drives is as important to me as how it looks.

So, gimme your opinion please:

1. Bronco Big Bend 4 Door Sasquatch with 7 Speed Manual (maybe go to 33" tires to reduce unsprung weight)
2. Big Bend 4 Door 7 Speed with a slight lift and 33" tires.

I'm a 7/30/2020 Reservation Holder, so I need to make my mind up soon. Thanks in advance for your opinion.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Havent driven any of them, but ive heard that the badlands 2.3 may be the best performance given its 4.7 gears and smaller tires.​

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah, MaverickMan is 100% correct. Badlands is a couple hundred cheaper than Big Bend with SQP and it would have the 33" tires you are leaning towards, better gearing (made specifically for the 33"s Also get the SWD thrown in.) No discussion needed, get the Bandlands instead if those criteria are accurate.

edit; sorry, just noticed you want a four door, the math is different, but the Badlands is still about the same if you get the SQP, then ditch the SQP tires and buy new 33" tires. The gearing alone is worth the difference, plus you get the disconnect.

Last edited:

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately, my on hands experience has been a BB 2.3 non SAS and a WT. ( standard SAS) I felt the WT provided a nicer ride on pavement. That being said, I have ordered a two door BL non SAS. I like the look/stance of the BL without SAS. The interior offered in the BL is also the driving factor for my selection.

OP
OP

BoatMan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had originally spec'd out a Badlands, but the Badlands is rather portly.....

Big Bend 2.3 4 door: 4487lbs (comes with 4.46 ratio)
Sasquatch Pkg: 188lbs
Big Bend w/Sas: 4675lbs (comes with 4.70 ratio like Badlands)

Badlands is 4965 lbs. I don't know why it is so heavy, but I'm pretty sure that it is going to be the slowest of the bunch.

Maybe I'll just go Sasquatch, throw some 285/70/R17 and lighter weight wheels on? Looks like that would shave off 15-20lbs per tire/wheel. Would that look goofy though????

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the 5% difference in gearing is close enough, if you want to save weight and don't need the A4 transfer case, then save the 7 grand and buy the tires and lift kit, will be substantially lighter, however... nimble and quick are only relative terms here. The Bronco is not any of those things in the general sense.

Full disclosure; I love the Rubenesque BL, have a manual 2- door lux on order, with the full armor it is for sure going to be slower than the rest of them. Don't care, I have other toys for any speed fix I might need.

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco 2.3 Liter Sasquatch vs Non Sasquatch?!?!?! 20211025_132740

I went with a non-SAS BD, the put 285/75R17s (34×11.2") and a 2in lift. I feel it's a great balance for a daily driver. Still looks aggresive, but tires handle better, are quieter, and get better milage. Plus it fits through the local carwash, where the 12" wide tires won't fit in the guide rails. Wide tires suck in the packed snow and rain.

Cheaper and you get money back selling the stock tires.

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I drove a Wildtrack (2.7 and Sasquatch) and a Badlands (2.3 7mt). I can tell you the Sasquatch drives nicer on the road even with the extra weight. It is a more plush ride and rolls over bumps more smoothly.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco 2.3 Liter Sasquatch vs Non Sasquatch?!?!?! 20211025_132740

I went with a non-SAS BD, the put 285/75R17s (34×11.2") and a 2in lift. I feel it's a great balance for a daily driver. Still looks aggresive, but tires handle better, are quieter, and get better milage. Plus it fits through the local carwash, where the 12" wide tires won't fit in the guide rails. Wide tires suck in the packed snow and rain.

Why would you think a tire that's heavier, with a 2 inch lift and a narrower wheel track is going to handle better and give better mileage ?

96GreenBronco

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco XLT, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I own the 7speed Badlands, I love it, it has plenty of power and stance looks great to me with the 33s. I dont find it underpowered at all and it is nimble on the road. It has the 4.7 gear ratio which on big bend comes with sasquatch. I can tell you in 1st thru 3rd it has plenty of gettup for me, 3rd gear redlines about 80 mph. It is fun to drive

I drove the v6 sasquatch at the off rodeo, which also has the 4.7 ratio. I cant honestly say I couldnt tell the difference between the two in terms of performance, but it was a while between driving the two.

I havent driven the 2.3 on a lower trim to be able to tell you if the ratio makes much difference.

If I was ordering a 2022 and not getting a badlands, I would probably get a Sasquatch 7mt because they look sweet and you get those wheels and suspension upgrade from the factory. But I am very happy with the Badlands i would get it again I think.

Sponsored

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why would you think a tire that's heavier, with a 2 inch lift and a narrower wheel track is going to handle better and give better mileage ?
Compared to SAS tires, although these may be heavier then the hated.
The 2" lift is definitely horrible for milage. If I did it again I might have gone with the 1" instead. After the new tires, the 2" makes it look bigger than I expected. I think I would be completely satisfied with even just a 1" lift. I also added a 1" wheel spacer which makes the stance look way better in my opinion.

I live in Michigan, wider tires in general are horrible on packed snow, and jerks strongly when one tire catches a puddle.

Narrow tires are recommends during the winter. Wide tire distribute more weight, provided less traction for the contact patch. I'm talking about snow conditions typically encountered on the road, not deep snow found offroad.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2.3 Liter Sasquatch vs Non Sasquatch?!?!?! B9D16680-D17D-4C0F-A6DA-4F5EB43D9D12

Dude just put 33’s on a non-SAS with no lift. That’s what I did and it changed the look dramatically for me. Sits up a bit higher than stock. Remove the crash bars to eliminate rubbing and call it good until you change your mind a few years down the road and get a nice 4” suspension lift

Dave-O

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco 2.3 Liter Sasquatch vs Non Sasquatch?!?!?! B9D16680-D17D-4C0F-A6DA-4F5EB43D9D12

im assuming that’s 2” lift blocks…how’s the ride?
Sponsored