First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I just purchased an Outer Banks 2dr with the 2.3. What is everyone seeing as your average water temp? Mine seems to run around 212-217 with no A/C or accessory load. Is this normal?

Thx JV
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your water temp is that high I would be real curious as to what your oil temp reads. ;)

OP
OP

JohnnyV

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
oil temp is only a few degrees less... 209 ish

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I just purchased an Outer Banks 2dr with the 2.3. What is everyone seeing as your average water temp? Mine seems to run around 212-217 with no A/C or accessory load. Is this normal?

Thx JV
I'm just curious... How are you reading water temps? As far as I know water temp is only the idiot bar. Oil temp and transmission temp (if you have an auto) can br displayed in the gauge cluster.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I don't have my Bronco yet I can't directly answer your question. I can tell you I have the 3.5 twin in my F-150 and its normal temp is in that range. Need to remember the turbos They told me at the dealer to expect the same from my 2.7 in the Bronco. That's when we thought I'd have it by now. :0) I also had an issue with the F-150 where it started to over heat last summer. Long story short and lots of research it was the coolant from the factory that caused the problem. We flushed the system and put in new/different coolant issue solved. I only had 40K miles on the truck at the time.

Sponsored
OP
OP

JohnnyV

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BlueOvalBandit, I have my drivers screen set up to show the water, oil temp, turbo psi and battery voltage... i just bought the truck and i now have 315 miles so just checking, just seemed high to me. Its only 70 degrees in Phoenix now, I'm really going to be worried in the 110 summer heat with A/C blasting

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you mean transmission temperature from the Gauge Cluster. It has PSI, Oil Temperature, and Transmission Temperature are what is displayed in that Cluster.

And, for me, the Transmission Temperature runs at about 201F.

OP
OP

JohnnyV

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh wow...I need to run out to garage and take a look...I thought it was displaying water temp. :unsure:

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh wow...I need to run out to garage and take a look...I thought it was displaying water temp. :unsure:
Yeah it's transmission temperature unless there was some change by Ford. Don't worry you're definitely not the first person to mistake that as water temp and you won't be the last.

I was curious if you had something reading the OBD for water temp since it's not something we normally see.

builtMIbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond on 37s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah it's transmission temperature unless there was some change by Ford. Don't worry you're definitely not the first person to mistake that as water temp and you won't be the last.

I was curious if you had something reading the OBD for water temp since it's not something we normally see.
Wow lol I had to look at a photo of my dash to double check but it is psi, oil temp, trans temp, and voltage

I thought the oil temp was water temp 😅

Sponsored
OP
OP

JohnnyV

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Alrighty then, carry on nothing to see here. Thank you BlueOvalBandt you are correct it is transmission temp not water temp...Ok so there doesn't seem to be a water temp gauge :unsure:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep, no water temp.
206-215 is the operating temperature of the 10R60 transmission though, so that number is right where it should be.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow lol I had to look at a photo of my dash to double check but it is psi, oil temp, trans temp, and voltage

I thought the oil temp was water temp 😅
It happens more often than you think, especially when just causally looking at the screen.

So to answer the question on oil temp, it depends. 190-210* has been in pretty normal temp in my climate depending on type of driving and ambient temps. I have gotten it as hot as 220* doing 80mph up a 6% grade. Think of 230* as the hot end of normal at 250* oil is starting to break down.

OP
OP

JohnnyV

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the quick replies, seems like a fun forum to be a part of (y)
Sponsored