First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having driven my 2.3L and had to brake hard.... No I'm not worried.

Although it's good to see the forum speculation = reality effect is working strong!
More speculation...

2.3 Bronco 2 dr Black Diamond
Also, it's a good thing L.A. traffic isn't moving well today, because stopping from 70 mph requires a lengthy 217 feet.
CAR and DRIVER

Ranger (2.3 Bronco and Ranger share same brake system)
And not only was its 193-foot stop from 70 mph the longest here, but the pedal feel was genuinely frightening. It sank through a couple of inches with no resistance or response and then grabbed with an immediacy that frequently had our heads bobbing.
CAR and DRIVER

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ay-known-issue-according-to-dealership.30961/ Sep 8, 2021

Feb 23, 2022

What about that one pedal drive delete on the 2.3?
Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went 2.3 to get away from the plastic oil pan. My 2016 F150 still leaks after multiple attempts. Right now I feel that the 2.3 is the more long term option.

Power wise I couldn't tell the difference but never got to do a back to back test drive. I would be in the buy the biggest engine possible group but I have been so happy with with my 2.7 F150 power.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered the 2.7 mainly because it is the more up to date engine. Direct Injection engines usually end up with a heavy carbon build up on the valves which can be a real pain to maintain (clean). The newer design of the 2.7 also incorporates Port Injection to help wash the valves and keep them clean. Get the extra boost of power too so to me, it's a no brainer.

Both are equally complex so not seeing that argument.

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2.3 for me. After having a 3.5 twin turbo king ranch I've learned the less turbos the better once you are past 100k lol. I plan on keeping this long term so I wanted the easier/ cheaper engine to maintain. The 2.7 is sweet though, you def notice the difference in sound and how it pulls.

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People forget that the 2.3 comes with the deficient vacuum assist brakes. Aren’t they worried about stopping? How about losing one pedal drive?
ZERO concern from me about anything noted above. What I am gaining is 7-spd manual which is the single best thing about my BL SAS. There are a lot of great things about it...the manual is the best.

2.7L?
Bye Felicia.

Sponsored

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was most concerned with the remorse of driving a 10-spd automatic. #savethemanuals
The Ford 10-spds are fantastic! They'll smoke any stick vehicle for 90% of the driving cycles.

Manual transmissions are fun, I have a GT500 6-sp. 8-tracks are fun too.

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went 2.3 to get away from the plastic oil pan. My 2016 F150 still leaks after multiple attempts. Right now I feel that the 2.3 is the more long term option.

Power wise I couldn't tell the difference but never got to do a back to back test drive. I would be in the buy the biggest engine possible group but I have been so happy with with my 2.7 F150 power.
Did they not work out the issues with leaky plastic oil pans in 2018? I believe it was the RTV sealant that was to blame and now they use a press-in gasket? We’ll see, I guess.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
you won't find much on 0-60 times because that really isn't what the bronco was built to measure against. I.e. the goal of the 2.7 isn't to decrease 0-60 times or even 60 to 0 times.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did they not work out the issues with leaky plastic oil pans in 2018? I believe it was the RTV sealant that was to blame and now they use a press-in gasket? We’ll see, I guess.
At 25K miles a year, by the 3rd time it started leaking again I declined to pay out of pocket. It just marks its spot and only burns a 1/4 quart between oil changes so let it ride. I also don't like the plastic pan/oil drain plug, after 15 oil changes it has a small drip even with a new plug.
Sponsored