Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on what I've read on the Panda module...it looks like the 2.3 version nets a HP increase of at least 8%. That puts it at 324hp. The stock 2.7 is rated at 330 HP. So for $600 or so the module turns the 2.3 into the 2.7 while giving you the option of manual or auto. Am I looking at that (somewhat) correctly???
Sponsored

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Based on what I've read on the Panda module...it looks like the 2.3 version nets a HP increase of at least 8%. That puts it at 324hp. The stock 2.7 is rated at 330 HP. So for $600 or so the module turns the 2.3 into the 2.7 while giving you the option of manual or auto. Am I looking at that (somewhat) correctly???
No. It's still smaller with fewer cylinders.

OP
OP
theguda

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. It's still smaller with fewer cylinders.
Obviously. But I'm talking about performance. If you had 2 rigs built the same except one has the 2.7 and the other a 2.3 with a module..it appears the performance would be nearly identical.

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Obviously. But I'm talking about performance. If you had 2 rigs built the same except one has the 2.7 and the other a 2.3 with a module..it appears the performance would be nearly identical.
Does this mod equate to torque and low end power too? I just think the v6 is worth it. No replacement for displacement, as they say...

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Low end torque is what you want for off-roading, but for highway merging the hP numbers being near equal would make the lighter weight 2.3L (~120lbs) slightly faster. But honestly I have no idea.

OP
OP
theguda

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does this mod equate to torque and low end power too? I just think the v6 is worth it. No replacement for displacement, as they say...
I believe the module gains 8% in hp and torque on the 2.3 and nearly 20% on the 2.7

An 8% increase on the 2.3 nets 324hp and 351 ft of torque. The stock 2.7 has 330 hp with 415 ft of torque. So the hp is very close but there is still a good amount of torque difference.

My thought is...if you prefer the manual....you can get very close to 2.7 performance by adding the module for about $600. If you prefer the automatic...I would probably just pay the extra $1200 and get the 2.7

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I believe the module gains 8% in hp and torque on the 2.3 and nearly 20% on the 2.7

An 8% increase on the 2.3 nets 324hp and 351 ft of torque. The stock 2.7 has 330 hp with 415 ft of torque. So the hp is very close but there is still a good amount of torque difference.

My thought is...if you prefer the manual....you can get very close to 2.7 performance by adding the module for about $600. If you prefer the automatic...I would probably just pay the extra $1200 and get the 2.7
But one could argue over the lifetime of the vehicle it’s not worth it to run the 4banger under more strain

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Low end torque is what you want for off-roading, but for highway merging the hP numbers being near equal would make the lighter weight 2.3L (~120lbs) slightly faster. But honestly I have no idea.
There is actually only a 20 lb difference between the two motors

Sponsored

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All the module is going to do is crank up the boost and spin your turbos harder. It will def make more power.

But probably at the expense of the life of the turbos as well as an easy excuse for your dealer to void your warranty if anything happens.

The 2.3 is pretty peppy. I would leave the boost pressure alone. If you have to do something, instead do a few bolt on mods like exhaust, intake, intercooler. These will only help the engine perform better and won't stress the turbos more with added extra boost.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

400hp, 420lb/ft 2.3L EcoBoost RS motor has entered the chat

also every electric motor in modern Teslas/Rivians has entered the chat but we're gonna ignore them for now

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is actually only a 20 lb difference between the two motors
There's a 20lb difference between the two transmissions, not motors
Sponsored