Sponsored

What would I be losing by switching from 2.7 to 2.3 motor?

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You wouldn’t be losing you would be winning.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There are definitely things you lose. To say you aren't is just plain wrong.

However, depending upon where and how you are going to use you Bronco will determine whether or not these things will matter to you or not.

Both engines are capable and worthy for particular fits. You have to decide which is best for your uses.

If you go with the 2.3l you will get better mpg, so for some that will be important, as an example.

Hills, passing, wind, towing, high altitude, etc. the 2.7l is the better option. Electronic brake boost, trail 1-pedal drive, more Hp, substantially more torque, etc.

You alone know why your buying a Bronco and how you plan to use/drive it and where.

Last edited:

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes - this is what I did to my 2021 Tremor. Love the extra torque on the low end. Part of me is tempted as I would love the manual tranny.
I did same on my Tremor, but it won't be limited to the 2.3l on the Bronco. As soon as available I'll be doing it to my 2.7l Bronco also. So those with 2.7l will be able to do the same. The torque increase made a huge difference on the Tremor's performance and take off.

So those saying a 90 ft LB difference in the 2.3l and 2.7l and at lower rpm is not relevant are not being honest.

Last edited:

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah.... so you are confirming your position as that women are naturally inferior to men so that equating a particular man to a woman is a grave insult. Got it.

One question, as it is not clear from your statement; are men who use eyelash curlers equal to those inferior women-types or do they slot above or under them? I really need to make a chart to keep the rules straight.
Sorry...I can't reply right now as I'm driving my 7-spd Bronco.

josephs6392

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1940 Ford roadster pickup, 1947 Ford 5W coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Need a little help
I have 2022 outerbank on order with 2.7 Motor
What would I be losing if switch to 2.3 motor
I had the opportunity to drive a 2.3 manual 4door non SAS before mine was built. It was very fun to say the least. There is nothing quite like driving a manual like you stole it!
My buddy and I both bought 4door outer banks with SAS. He opted for the 2.3 and I went with the 2.7. I received mine first and he got his a month later. I have over 5,000 miles on the 2.7 with no problems. I have also used both 87 octane and 93. There is a huge difference in performance and additional 1.4 miles per gallon for me. Most won’t believe me but I get 21 MPG on 93 octane.
My buddy’s 2.3 is getting 18.6 MPG. And, we drive mostly the same roads. He has 3passengers most of the time and 1 or 2 for me.
I drove him and his wife along with me and my wife to dinner last night which was about a 4 hour round trip. I still got 21 MPG. His last comment to me was, “I know who’s going to have to buy tires first anyway!” We live in WV and drive hills a lot and two lane highways.
those who are stating that the additional horsepower and torque don’t matter are mistaken in my opinion. I have been a bit disappointed that there could not have been a larger displacement engine to choose from instead. Then, we would not necessarily be having this same discussion as often.

Sponsored

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Little different in power (2.3 is tunable) off road less weight is best+2.3 is ten years proven engine.p.s hopefully cheaper servicing