First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, F430, Viper GTS ACR, E60 M5, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An aspect many may not think of are the brakes. The 2.3 brakes get a lot of complaints.
Yeah the brakes are terrible and I keep getting a “check brakes” error.
Sponsored

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
2.7L is the best alternative until we get a 5.0L.
I want the 5.2 with twin turbos!
Ford Bronco 2.3 Shaping up to be the better Engine? Mustan

Or 1 big 88mm like in my sons 2014 Mustang!!!

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad yours has worked out for you.

I'm not sure where you've seen whining - is there a thread that exemplifies this point in your view? What I have observed is discussion, some of it concerned, about the relatively widespread failure of the powertrain of a very expensive new vehicle. The point about early adoption is valid - but you're on a forum full of rabid enthusiasts whose excitement will often outweigh more practical judgment (I.e. anyone who's paid substantial ADM for an as-yet not fully proven vehicle). You might feel differently if your V6 dropped a valve on the highway and had to be replaced.

To clarify - discussing a costly, dangerous issue that luckily hasn't impacted you yet (and hopefully never will) is whining, but your post complaining about perceived whining is not whining? I wouldn't want to misapprehend your reasoning...
If my valve drops, that’s the possibility that comes with a first year new model vehicle. I will deal with the troubles that come with getting it resolved under warranty. I know nothing is perfect, but they have done an amazing job with the Bronco, overall. If you think I’m whining about others whining then you are misinformed. I am bringing real world feedback that MANY more Bronco owners have also experienced. The Information Age and internet has brought hyper awareness to every minute part of this process and many people are overblowing something that is rare, overall. Have you heard of injuries or deaths due to dropped valves or other issues with the Bronco. I am also an enthusiast but people have become critical of something that can be fixed, for free. If you think me telling people to keep a level head is whining, then you have a bit of a twisted view on things in general. Enjoy your pick but the 2.7l is a great engine.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

An aspect many may not think of are the brakes. The 2.3 brakes get a lot of complaints.
Zero complaints and no issues. Brakes modulate well and have no issues handling heavy Squatch rims and tires.
Sponsored