Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doubtful.

I honestly think it’s the changes in winter/summer fuel/temps. I have a feeling @kodiakisland is into something. I only run 93 since the first fill up and it started happening again at the cusp of weather change and hasn’t happened again in a few weeks. I’ll report back if it happens again this summer.
Any other manuals w/ the 2.3L out there? Ranger perhaps?
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Still doing it. Twice this past week. I think the winter/summer fuel idea can be disregarded.

tbot5000

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Add mine to the growing list…

Lucked out and got a 2022 4dr black diamond (barely) used with 2500 miles this past Jan. First time it happened I thought I missed a shift but it kept jerking going into second. To date I’ve got 7200 miles on it and it’s happened at least 5 times and twice within the passed week or two. Exactly as everyone has reported here.

Took it to the dealer for inspection and oil change and told them about it. Response was same as here: they know about it and heard of others with the same issue but gave it back anyway because they need Ford to figure it out and tell them what’s up. Otherwise I gotta leave it with them for major surgery without any guarantee they’ll fix it.

It is getting more frequent. Bought the thing mainly because I wanted a stick but also need the extra space. Annoying that the main thing that sold me on it is the issue!

Maybe if we keep calling it a safety issue Ford might do something…but I won’t hold my breath. Hope others are having better luck with this.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FWIW - it hasn't happened once for me since getting the Ford Performance Tune installed...even with transitioning out of winter fuels this year...

That being said, I have also been running Techron every 2k miles - after needing my catalytic converter replaced at 30k (will bump that up to 3k at 36k). I also started avoiding our local BP as much as possible because they had some water flooded tanks in the past year with all of the rain and that sketched me out. Though I know it's less of a concern - but, them pulling out of Top Tier program had me prioritize hitting up the Sunoco, Mobil or Shell more often.

Not sure which of these factors are the culprit - but, it's been nice not having to deal with this the past 9 months or so.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

FWIW - it hasn't happened once for me since getting the Ford Performance Tune installed...even with transitioning out of winter fuels this year...
I have noted the same thing — had it happen a few times before I got the tune, figured I just fat footed the clutch or something. But all good since Performance Tune

I don’t add Techron. But I do tend to fill up at Chevron
Sponsored