Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At idle of course
Have you ever run a convertible vehicle with an exhaust that did not exit in the right place? If the exhaust flow out of the pipe dies not get into the flow of air going past the vehicle it gets swirled up and over into the vehicle. Basically you end up smelling and breathing exhaust all the time. This more of a problem with a vehicle shaped like a brick like a Bronco.

It does not look like it would be hard to fix. Just turn the pipe in the picture clockwise 90 degrees or so and extend it to out behind the tire.

How does the 4 banger sound without an exhaust?
Still sounds like sewing machine but dang lots of power IMO

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No joke that is quieter than my comanche that I drive around daily. Its only a touch louder than my 96 bronco with nothing but a summit racing 1 into 2 catback kit. I may be into running without a muffler if it helps performance any why not.

Noticed the Comanche. Didn't remember this, must have missed it. I had four Comanches, down to one now, just sold another one.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Noticed the Comanche. Didn't remember this, must have missed it. I had four Comanches, down to one now, just sold another one.
My comanche does have a side exit and flowmaster on it. But stock manifold so not exactly screaming loud. They are great trucks though. I take mine through tight trails and climb a 3ft(and growing) mound of loose coconuts and pineapple every work day in it. 2200lb payload doesnt hurt either.

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
sounds just like an old Farmall tractor, not terrible
I was gonna say a Red Belly Ford tractor.! I can't believe that I’m paying over $60K for something that sounds like this.! Sure woulda' liked to see a 5.0 Coyote in the option column. To the O.P. , bronco_joe, kudos for trying something and showing us the results.!

Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

plenty of people are running straight through mufflers (resonators) with the turbo engines. turbos are pretty quiet before you even get to the muffler. there are a couple of extra feet of exhaust on the system and the turbo impellers work the same as baffles in the muffler... turbos are really pretty quiet...

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Took the muffler off last night after noticing it too much with the 4wp rear bumper and possibly hitting it offroading. Ordered a stainless turndown and band clamp, $30 total. For some reason the factory band clamp wouldn't clamp down enough on my pipe, so purchased one from napa. Its actually quieter than I thought and cleans up the rear of the truck. I'll see how long I can last the noise and if there's a decrease in performance.

Also seen shopmrt.com released some exhaust options. Saved myself quite a bit of money from their pipe extension lol

Added video:

20210915_115547.jpg

Screenshot_20210915-122718_Samsung Internet.jpg

Update:
any way you could post a longer video of you doing some drive bys?

BoMiltenberger

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 BL Lux Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does this have any negative effect on the engine besides a slight decrease in power?

Dave-O

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Reminds me of when I had a 2003 2.0 Zetec Ford Focus. First mod I did was to unbolt the flex pipe and let it dangle. Sounded similar lol.

Sponsored

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Bronco_joe are you still running this exhaust?
Sponsored