First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I was buying a used Bronco 4 years or older my preference would be the 2.3. Nothing to do with 4cyl vs 6cyl but the maintenance and repairs of a single turbo vs twin turbos.
Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see you getting the full $1800 back personally, the average person won't care if it has "the big engine" or not.
Agree. I’m getting the 2.7L because I want the bigger engine. In terms of resale, I view it like the basement I finished. I should come close to break even but get to enjoy the man cave while I still own the house. Then when I do go to sell, it flies off the market because a lot of buyers want the basement finished and rolled in to their mortgage.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think the 2.7 is only direct injection >> http://www.f150hub.com/specs/2.7-ecoboost.html

Updated >> port injection was added in 2018 >> https://www.blueovaltrucks.com/tech-articles/ford-2-7l-ecoboost-engine/

YAY!

Fuelly has MPG for the F150 2.7L and Ranger 2.3L which are close in weight to the bronco.

That short term though I don’t think it matters what you get since MY21 and 22 are going to be reservation only or limited dealer stock so someone who wants one will be willing to compromise on a few options I’d bet.

Long term a lot of people theorize that the 2.7L with its direct and port injection will keep the engine nice and clean so that might be a prerogative for people in 10years/100k+ miles

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
resale value & car should never be used in the same sentence. buying a new car is literally the worst thing you can do with your money. but yet here we still are! :LOL:

for real though. i only recently starting thinking about this. It's literally the most expensive thing you'll buy that all it does is depreciate.

The 2.7 might gain you a few dollars in resale. But probably not worth the initial cost. You'll be able to sell the 2.3. So if you're happy with it, don't spend the money on the upgrade. Literally the second you drive it off the lot that $1800 you spent drops like 20%. And over the next few years it'll just depreciate even more.

Buy what YOU want. Either way it'll sell when you're ready to sell it.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

... i wouldnt be suprised if the 2.3 manual would be the more preferred/valuable combo down the road
This is most likely going to be the case imo. I bought the auto for logistical reasons (i.e. so the significant other could drive it as well). So I figured I might as well get the 2.7, and I don't plan on doing any crazy rock crawling. However the 2.3 with the manual will definitely be the favorite for the hard core enthusiasts because of that crazy final drive ratio in the crawling gear. It should have very little issues with that amount of power otherwise.

It may not have the resale/trade-in value but it will be the more sought after in the used bronco market.
Sponsored