First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2.3 Manual Badlands non squatched with OEM wheels. Getting right under 20mpg with a good mix of city and commute. Up to 3500 miles at this point. I have been using premium since all research showed it getting better mileage. I have not typically used ECO mode. On occasion i go to slippery AWD but usually keep in in normal. I've been pleasantly surprised by the mileage.
Sponsored

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
4 Door, Badlands, Lux, 2.7.....

Our Bronco is the wife's daily driver. She drive it off the lot and I got to drive the long freeway drive home of about 100 miles. I got 17 MPG. It now has about 700 miles on it.

I got in it tonight and the history shows 11.2 MPG. I asked her if that's normal and she said yes, that's just what it gets.

I took off from a stop and put the pedal to the floor and it took off fast with a nice engine growl. I laid off it, looked at her, and noticed she had a big smile.

I asked if that is why it shows 11.2 MPG. She just said yes.

For those of you that don't have yours yet, it's worth the wait. For those that are complaining about the gas mileage, I think I know the problem.
Taking it easy with break in .... Currently getting 19.7. Not great but hoping I can get it to 20. (2.7 WT)

A guy came up to look at my rig and said, "Boy it's pretty!".

He then asked, "How is it on gas?".

I replied, "It's pretty isn't it!"

ManikMonday

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 G500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

FE / Sport Mode / 1500 miles 16.6 mpg Avg.

This includes the 14-ish mpg break-in and 75 mph average on the road back from Granger.

IMG_3745.jpg
How do you have an FE with sport mode?

OP
OP
IfIHMadeA2021Scout

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not at all. That’s the fake engine noise pumped in through the speakers. To everyone outside the cabin it sounds like a weed eater.
True and we really don't care. It's all about fun.

It's Eco or Boost, you can't have both at the same time.
True again. It's nice to have the choice. My Tremor with the Godzilla gets 11-12 in normal driving and I might touch 14 on highway cruises if I drive slow (downhill, with a tailwind, empty bed,.......). There is no "Eco" about a 7.3 big block. We have no illusions. Her EcoBoost Mustang gets over 28 on road trips without trying to baby it. It's quick not fast. Its efficiency surprised me. Call it our economy car. She has never gotten that mileage out of it.

I'm at 18.6mpg in -15f weather in the middle of downtown. Your wife must drive the absolute shit out of this. I'm talking 16 year old leaving the midnight screening of Fast and Furious
Yes, yes she does. That's the way she drives everything. That's just one reason why I love her.

BroncoThunder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My first tank of gas wasn't great not gonna lie- arguably worst mileage than my lifted Silverado V8 5.3L. What isn't arguable is the Bronco is definitely funner to drive 😜 also it was first tank, showing people the new ride- excessive idling, pre-starts for winter, matting it here and there.

Sponsored

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is the average I have gotten with my 2.7 SAS Outer Banks since driving it off the dealer lot on November 29th. I drive in small towns and country roads in Northern WV and southeastern Ohio. 20 MPG is not bad at all.

14E3CB19-00F5-42DF-A4F2-64BD7C3AF025.jpeg
I don't get it ..........(but I'm not an engineer) My wife is getting 38+ out of her Audi Q5. Plenty of Pep. Weighs more than the WT.

.......Struggling to get 20MPG is strange this day and age. So I am turning a bigger tire, and something that resembles a brick through the wind, but still, it's not like the Bronco has massive performance that would justify the difference. My Dodge Dually 5.9 was getting 21 "Wet" and up to 27 dry. It is almost like they found ways to "de tune" the gas mileage on these things.

Last edited:

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting 14 mpg city and not enough highway miles to judge yet, but I'll be doing some long highway stretches over the next two weeks. It better be getting more than 14 mpg highway.

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
2.7, 4 door with SAS. Averaging 18 mpg with 92 octane. Normal daily driving.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious how many miles you have on it, and if you saw that MPG number improve as the engine got more time on it? I'm 600 miles in on my 2.7 non-Sas BL 4dr, and struggling to get 16. And driving it pretty easily, imo.
I have 8k miles and it did improve slightly until about 5k. Seems less effected by break in than my last 3 Ford engines, but going into winter, it’s usually goes down a bit with the need for defrost and the winter blend fuel, so maybe it’s the same as the others. A lot of people mention Premium as getting better mileage. So far that does not seem to be the case for me (and premium indicates resistance to pre-ignition, not energy potential, I have never experienced noticeable difference in mileage with premium).

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.7, 4 door with SAS. Averaging 18 mpg with 92 octane. Normal daily driving.
I'm right there with you on 18 MPG. Just did my first road trip that was 2 adults, 2 kids, and 3 luggage bags and we were right at 18 MPG with the 2.7 with SAS, 4dr, and 93 octane.

My normal drive is 20 MPG but that is 1 adult, 1 kid and mixed driving (highway and drop of line at school).

Sponsored

BroncBear05

Base
First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger $X$
Your Bronco Model
Base
4 Door, Badlands, Lux, 2.7.....

Our Bronco is the wife's daily driver. She drive it off the lot and I got to drive the long freeway drive home of about 100 miles. I got 17 MPG. It now has about 700 miles on it.

I got in it tonight and the history shows 11.2 MPG. I asked her if that's normal and she said yes, that's just what it gets.

I took off from a stop and put the pedal to the floor and it took off fast with a nice engine growl. I laid off it, looked at her, and noticed she had a big smile.

I asked if that is why it shows 11.2 MPG. She just said yes.

For those of you that don't have yours yet, it's worth the wait. For those that are complaining about the gas mileage, I think I know the problem.
Hell Yea!!! pedal to the Metal!!! Love it!!!

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't get it ..........(but I'm not an engineer) My wife is getting 38+ out of her Audi Q5. Plenty of Pep. Weighs more than the WT.

.......Struggling to get 20MPG is strange this day and age. So I am turning a bigger tire, and something that resembles a brick through the wind, but still, it's not like the Bronco has massive performance that would justify the difference. My Dodge Dually 5.9 was getting 21 "Wet" and up to 27 dry. It is almost like they found ways to "de tune" the gas mileage on these things.
Its heavy wheels and large diameter tires.

And aerodynamics.

I'm averaging over 21 in recent tanks. Normal mode.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have to figure out actual mileage the old fashion way. Pencil ,paper and basic math. The onboard system fluctuates as it responds to real-time usage. I get to experience many types of vehicles through my sons occupation, and the econo four banger models show ridiculously low miles per gallon on the onboard calculation system.

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When we were at just over 7,600 miles on our Badlands 2.7, our over-all MPG was 21.0! Since then we took it hunting and spent several days traveling on dirt roads between 1 and 10 miles per hour. So it has dropped since then.

Ford Bronco 2.7 Gas Mileage - 11.2 MPG!?! 7000 Mileage

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have to figure out actual mileage the old fashion way. Pencil ,paper and basic math. The onboard system fluctuates as it responds to real-time usage. I get to experience many types of vehicles through my sons occupation, and the econo four banger models show ridiculously low miles per gallon on the onboard calculation system.
I have checked my computer reported and actual a couple of times, for what it’s worth, it’s been within a few % each time. At least it’s a trend indicator:)
Sponsored