Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

True but most people are getting Sas for the look and not for its capabilities, and the look is much cheaper to do yourself.
I agree that there are some mall crawlers who want the look and are going to be disappointed in the trade offs one that get it.

But most people know what they are getting with SAS and it isn't just tires... It's lift, suspension, front locker, and above all, a tougher front drive train instead of an aluminum one.

Looks can be had with some larger tires... more Capability requires Sasquatch.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After reading all the replies I’m now thinking of a BL build with 2.3 and auto with high and leather. Goes $2000 over my target but I think my wife will appreciate the power seats and I would get cup holders in the back seat!
I'm a bit surprised. To start a thread with a delima between two serious valuable features, to only decide on an a 3rd for cup holders, power seats, and ass burns seems like left field.

I'm not saying it isn't the best decision for you and the wife, and I think you'll not regret skipping the 2.7 for features you'll enjoy daily.

I've also toyed around with that option... If I could get power and cup holders without the leather (and cheaper) I'd do it as well.

OP
OP

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm a bit surprised. To start a thread with a delima between two serious valuable features, to only decide on an a 3rd for cup holders, power seats, and ass burns seems like left field.

I'm not saying it isn't the best decision for you and the wife, and I think you'll not regret skipping the 2.7 for features you'll enjoy daily.

I've also toyed around with that option... If I could get power and cup holders without the leather (and cheaper) I'd do it as well.
I agree with your out of left field thought. last night I decided this could be my last new vehicle for awhile so why by-pass creature comforts for 2.7 and SAS? I think we will both enjoy a vehicle that's got those "luxury" items along with Badlands capability. This whole process has been crazy on my brain!

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have 2 builds that are within $50 of each other that I would welcome some feedback on. I have an order submitted for BB with mod top, sas and 2.7 but can only get the mid package. My other build would be an OB with MIC top, sas and 2.3. Both have the same odds and ends I need. I reserved late September so I’m not concerned with getting quicker. I love the 12 inch screen and what it can do but also would love the 2.7. If you had to choose which would you rather have??
HIGH package ALL DAY. I ordered the smaller engine on a Black BL high pkg. Do you really need a super fast Bronco? I mean automobiles today are all fast enough. The smaller engine will provide plenty of power to get you in trouble and the high package is what you will enjoy for 90% of your rides. Don't over think it.

X-

Last edited:

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This, for me. The 2.3 is going to be plenty powerful for 99%+ of activities.

I also value the tech that comes in the higher packages. I'm just not one that needs the few extra horses, and will love the tech capabilities that come with the high (or in my case, lux) package.
I stopped being a 0-60 guy long ago. I drive a vintage 911 and believe me its not very fast.. but boy is it fun. Todays cars all pretty much rip, I really dont understand the need for the larger engines on almost any newer car.

X-

Sponsored
OP
OP

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just to close this out today my dealer changed my order to a Badlands with 2.3, MIC top, high package, leather, tow package in AMB. Big news is I was changed from priority code 99 to 19!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just to close this out today my dealer changed my order to a Badlands with 2.3, MIC top, high package, leather, tow package in AMB. Big news is I was changed from priority code 99 to 19!
Congrats... Now if it turns out that you just bumped me back at my dealer then you're a DICK.

(j/k... You aren't even in the same state)

OP
OP

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congrats... Now if it turns out that you just bumped me back at my dealer then you're a DICK.

(j/k... You aren't even in the same state)
Don’t worry! I’m a late September res!

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got high then decided to go for the 2.7..... wait what are we talking about here?

OP
OP

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got high then decided to go for the 2.7..... wait what are we talking about here?
At least you can in your state 🤪
Sponsored