First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have 2 builds that are within $50 of each other that I would welcome some feedback on. I have an order submitted for BB with mod top, sas and 2.7 but can only get the mid package. My other build would be an OB with MIC top, sas and 2.3. Both have the same odds and ends I need. I reserved late September so I’m not concerned with getting quicker. I love the 12 inch screen and what it can do but also would love the 2.7. If you had to choose which would you rather have??
Sponsored

FoCoBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, X3, MDX, Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tough trade offs. I’m on BL 2.7 lux. I would lean towards the 2.7 in your case as I’m not sure how much 12” screen over 8” is worth. My Tacoma has around 6” and works great for me. Power for passing is important to me and I wasn’t sure 2.3 would be enough for CO passes and thin air

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2.7L all day for me, but If you plan on doing a lot of rock crawling (which would be more ideal in the BL with the sway bar disco or even the BD with only full body armor and steel bumpers), I could see that 360 camera being very beneficial and worth it over the 2.7L, but that’s about it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2.7L all day for me, but If you plan on doing a lot of rock crawling (which would be more ideal in the BL with the sway bar disco or even the BD with only full body armor and steel bumpers), I could see that 360 camera being very beneficial and worth it over the 2.3L, but that’s about it.
Won’t be doing any serious rock crawling. Just love the dang thing!

A_Locke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tough decision. I ordered a BL 2.3L with Manual with High Package. As soon as I saw the 12” screen I knew I wanted it. I am a younger guy who has always been into tech. 360 camera is super useful and the bigger screen really looks great and well integrated. I’ve driven the Ranger with the 2.3L and thought it felt solid. My dad has a 2016 Tacoma that I’ve driven and the 2.3L felt light years better than the Powertrain my dad has in his truck. I’ve also driven the 2.7L in the Edge St. It definitely felt a touch more sporty than the Ranger but imo it didn’t feel like a massive improvement.

At the end of the day, it depends. If you are a lead foot driver who demands speed/responsiveness, get the 2.7L no question. If you like technology and feel you’d really use the 360 camera and other High package benefits for everyday and off road driving, get that. I don’t think you’ll be incredibly disappointed either way.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally chose high over the 2.7, but the 2.7 was never in the running to begin with. I've had nothing but trouble with Ford V6s vs a flawless experience with their i4s.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tough decision. I ordered a BL 2.3L with Manual with High Package. As soon as I saw the 12” screen I knew I wanted it. I am a younger guy who has always been into tech. 360 camera is super useful and the bigger screen really looks great and well integrated. I’ve driven the Ranger with the 2.3L and thought it felt solid. My dad has a 2016 Tacoma that I’ve driven and the 2.3L felt light years better than the Powertrain my dad has in his truck. I’ve also driven the 2.7L in the Edge St. It definitely felt a touch more sporty than the Ranger but imo it didn’t feel like a massive improvement.

At the end of the day, it depends. If you are a lead foot driver who demands speed/responsiveness, get the 2.7L no question. If you like technology and feel you’d really use the 360 camera and other High package benefits for everyday and off road driving, get that. I don’t think you’ll be incredibly disappointed either way.
I agree with this, but I want power AND tech. I opted to get both and sacrificed Sasquatch. I figure I can’t add a bigger engine or screen later but I can add a lift/bigger tires later.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both! Personally, I would take the tech, 2.3l is solid and I just love the camera and 12” screen. That being said, I went BL, High and 2.7👍🏽I have had two 2.7/10speeds and it’s an awesome powertrain.

OP
OP

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree with this, but I want power AND tech. I opted to get both and sacrificed Sasquatch. I figure I can’t add a bigger engine or screen later but I can add a lift/bigger tires later.
That is always an option but it does come at a cost and with sas you are getting some serious stuff right out of the box.

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would choose the high package over the 2.7. All of the testers have said they can't tell much of a difference between the two engines and you can always get the ford performance tune in the future if you want more power. Plus better mpg to boot.

dont forget by going OB you are also getting the sig headlights and taillights, body colored mirrors and tube steps. Well worth it over the bigger engine alone

Sponsored
OP
OP

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would choose the high package over the 2.7. All of the testers have said they can't tell much of a difference between the two engines and you can always get the ford performance tune in the future if you want more power. Plus better mpg to boot.

dont forget by going OB you are also getting the sig headlights and taillights, body colored mirrors and tube steps. Well worth it over the bigger engine alone
my build on the BB included the sig lights and tube steps so it’s just the OB specific stuff I wouldn’t get.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is always an option but it does come at a cost and with sas you are getting some serious stuff right out of the box.
True but most people are getting Sas for the look and not for its capabilities, and the look is much cheaper to do yourself.

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The 12" screen and 360 degree camera are one of the most significant tech breakthroughs/features on the Bronco. Take the professional drivers at their word with respect to the capabilities of the 2.3 and get the high package.

OP
OP

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I appreciate all the great responses! Good thoughts on both sides. Just have to sleep on this one for a few days. And love this place for feedback!

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 2 builds that are within $50 of each other that I would welcome some feedback on. I have an order submitted for BB with mod top, sas and 2.7 but can only get the mid package. My other build would be an OB with MIC top, sas and 2.3. Both have the same odds and ends I need. I reserved late September so I’m not concerned with getting quicker. I love the 12 inch screen and what it can do but also would love the 2.7. If you had to choose which would you rather have??
You are buying a motorized vehicle, not a home theater. Of course you should GET THE 2.7L!

I am shocked this is a real question.
Sponsored