TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 12" screen and 360 degree camera are one of the most significant tech breakthroughs/features on the Bronco. Take the professional drivers at their word with respect to the capabilities of the 2.3 and get the high package.
This, for me. The 2.3 is going to be plenty powerful for 99%+ of activities.

I also value the tech that comes in the higher packages. I'm just not one that needs the few extra horses, and will love the tech capabilities that come with the high (or in my case, lux) package.
Sponsored

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was in same camp on builds minus Sas and decided on lux (Iā€™m old and wanted a heated steering wheel and since there is no winter package ava here I am) and 2.3 for OB. The 2.3 @ 270hp with 310 torque was more than my old F150 5.4 easily. If your into the serious off road on a regular basis bite the bullet and go to OB, sas ,high, and 2.7 the extra $2000 over 5 yrs is worth it if makes you more comfortable

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have 2 builds that are within $50 of each other that I would welcome some feedback on. I have an order submitted for BB with mod top, sas and 2.7 but can only get the mid package. My other build would be an OB with MIC top, sas and 2.3. Both have the same odds and ends I need. I reserved late September so Iā€™m not concerned with getting quicker. I love the 12 inch screen and what it can do but also would love the 2.7. If you had to choose which would you rather have??

I see this as a no brainer. If it is just screen size, then no. If it is the 360 Cam then I'd say the 2.3 is more than capable and not worth sacrificing all the daily features you would gain instead of that rare instance when you could have used a bit more power.

OP
OP

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After reading all the replies Iā€™m now thinking of a BL build with 2.3 and auto with high and leather. Goes $2000 over my target but I think my wife will appreciate the power seats and I would get cup holders in the back seat!

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2.3 has more power than my last off roader and that truck did quite well for itself. The 2.7 will be a screamer for sure, but the 2.3 will do.

Ask yourself this: how many times will you really get down on the gas and need that extra power? How many times will you look down at your screen and think... damn, I wish it was bigger?

Figure that out and you'll have your answer.

Sponsored
OP
OP

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The 2.3 has more power than my last off roader and that truck did quite well for itself. The 2.7 will be a screamer for sure, but the 2.3 will do.

Ask yourself this: how many times will you really get down on the gas and need that extra power? How many times will you look down at your screen and think... damn, I wish it was bigger?

Figure that out and you'll have your answer.
I had Mustang GTs for about 10 years and got most of the speed desire out of my system. Iā€™m an older guy that has come to enjoy taking his time getting from point A to point B. I do like tech however. Thanks for the thoughts as they are close to spot on.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To each their own. However,here is my own personal perspective....For at least the first 14 years of me driving street vehicles, I ALWAYS had the base engine and was disappointed with the power provided.Now I always go with the more powerful engine option.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True but most people are getting Sas for the look and not for its capabilities, and the look is much cheaper to do yourself.
Not necessaaaarily true. I've been going back and forth a looottt on if I should go squatch/2.3/mid on my Black Diamond, or non-squatch/2.7/a bunch of extra goodies from the accessories catalog.

I would to a lift to my non-squatch build as well. To do that, five 33-35 inch tires will run you about $1200. A set of coilovers, even some basic 2.0 non-reservoir ones from Fox, will run another $1000, based on truck coilover prices. And those are just fronts - you'd probably need an adjustable set for the rear too, no blocks under leaf springs like on my Canyon. So potentially another $1000. If you're lifting 3 inches, another 500 for upper control arms, maybe more for a longer track bar for the rear. That's closing in on $4000 already, WITHOUT getting new wheels. If it's just for looks, maybe you can skip coilovers and go for big spacers, but the ride would really really suffer. If you want some performance too, and opt for Icons, Kings, or better coilovers, the Sasquatch starts looking really attractive.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not necessaaaarily true. I've been going back and forth a looottt on if I should go squatch/2.3/mid on my Black Diamond, or non-squatch/2.7/a bunch of extra goodies from the accessories catalog.

I would to a lift to my non-squatch build as well. To do that, five 33-35 inch tires will run you about $1200. A set of coilovers, even some basic 2.0 non-reservoir ones from Fox, will run another $1000, based on truck coilover prices. And those are just fronts - you'd probably need an adjustable set for the rear too, no blocks under leaf springs like on my Canyon. So potentially another $1000. If you're lifting 3 inches, another 500 for upper control arms, maybe more for a longer track bar for the rear. That's closing in on $4000 already, WITHOUT getting new wheels. If it's just for looks, maybe you can skip coilovers and go for big spacers, but the ride would really really suffer. If you want some performance too, and opt for Icons, Kings, or better coilovers, the Sasquatch starts looking really attractive.
You just went from the ā€œSasquatch lookā€ to completely redoing the suspension in30 seconds flat. Of course coilovers would be more expensive, but tires and a small lift will get you well under getting the Sasquatch package. Unless youā€™re ordering a Badlands but thatā€™s a whole other thing.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tough decision. I ordered a BL 2.3L with Manual with High Package. As soon as I saw the 12ā€ screen I knew I wanted it. I am a younger guy who has always been into tech. 360 camera is super useful and the bigger screen really looks great and well integrated. Iā€™ve driven the Ranger with the 2.3L and thought it felt solid. My dad has a 2016 Tacoma that Iā€™ve driven and the 2.3L felt light years better than the Powertrain my dad has in his truck. Iā€™ve also driven the 2.7L in the Edge St. It definitely felt a touch more sporty than the Ranger but imo it didnā€™t feel like a massive improvement.

At the end of the day, it depends. If you are a lead foot driver who demands speed/responsiveness, get the 2.7L no question. If you like technology and feel youā€™d really use the 360 camera and other High package benefits for everyday and off road driving, get that. I donā€™t think youā€™ll be incredibly disappointed either way.
It's all about perspective too. The 2.3 in the ranger does feel like it punches above its numbers. And the tune is always an option. I currently drive the 2.8 Duramax in my Canyon, which has 181 HP and about 10 seconds 0-60. And I can still drive that thing fast, you just have to floor it a few seconds before you change lanes haha. So I'm thinking even with 35s, the heavier 2.3 will do just fine for me.

Sponsored

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You just went from the ā€œSasquatch lookā€ to completely redoing the suspension in30 seconds flat. Of course coilovers would be more expensive, but tires and a small lift will get you well under getting the Sasquatch package. Unless youā€™re ordering a Badlands but thatā€™s a whole other thing.
I guess it depends on the ride quality people are willing to live with, and for that matter, if spacer lifts will negatively affect the bronco. Which we will have to find out. On the F150 forums when I used to have my F150, and on the Colorado/Canyon forums when I was researching for my coilovers, a lot of people who only wanted the lift for the look went with a spacer. They were extremely disappointed when their ride quality decreased and got way stiffer and harsher. Many did the spacer, regretted it, and went to a simple fox 2.0 just to get back the good highway ride.

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess it depends on the ride quality people are willing to live with, and for that matter, if spacer lifts will negatively affect the bronco. Which we will have to find out. On the F150 forums when I used to have my F150, and on the Colorado/Canyon forums when I was researching for my coilovers, a lot of people who only wanted the lift for the look went with a spacer. They were extremely disappointed when their ride quality decreased and got way stiffer and harsher. Many did the spacer, regretted it, and went to a simple fox 2.0 just to get back the good highway ride.
And to add to that eveyone who has been on the ride alongs has been raving about the position sensitive shocks on the sas, which isn't something found on most aftermarket coilovers

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For me - I'd stick with the 2.3 in order to have a few more creature comforts. The bigger engine will be something you'll never miss if you don't have it (I've driven my sons Ranger quite a bit since the Bronco was announced and that 2.3 is awesome and not lacking at all! . . . and pulls my 4500 pound boat with great ease) . . . and I'd really want the 12" screen and other High features. I tossed the OBX around a lot after originally reserving the WT . . . ended up WT but more for the black accents than the engine choice. Just my opinion . . .

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True but most people are getting Sas for the look and not for its capabilities, and the look is much cheaper to do yourself.
What are you basing that on? Was there a poll out there?
Sponsored