Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How is it 25 out of 34,000? It's 25 out of however many forum members have Broncos with the 2.7 engine. That's just a small sampling of a likely much larger problem. I may not be a math professor but your numbers aren't adding up. ;)
Ok, for fun let's say 200? 200/34000? Still not worried.

How about 500? 500/34000 or 1.5%? Still not worried. If it were over 100 it would be all over the Jeep forums as they would be eating that shit up.

Hoosier.Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hoosier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 KR, 2011 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

21207, July 26th. - 5500 Miles. Still running strong 💪🏼 hopefully these are just one offs

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interested to see where that is highlighted specifically in the warranty. 🤨
"Winch out services: includes pulling a vehicle within 100 feet of a paved or county maintained road. No recoveries."

Don't think Ford is hauling you off a trail.

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 International Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So far it appears the 2.7 builds from June - August (6k units?) are the ones that are in question. 25/6000 is probably a more accurate percentage. Anyone have the real numbers for units sold in that period?

Sponsored

deadCode

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport, 2016 Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Uh oh... I have the #21216 batch. Just over 1000 miles. Fingers crossed.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So far it appears the 2.7 builds from June - August (6k units?) are the ones that are in question. 25/6000 is probably a more accurate percentage. Anyone have the real numbers for units sold in that period?
The engines were built in that timeframe. The vehicles could be built way later. My October build has an engine from mid July.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

21211 and about 1800 miles so far so good.
I have the same date 21211 and 1886 miles and good so far too, I did install the Autostop eliminator (love it), so I doesn't shut off every time I stop and especially when the turbos are hot!!!!
p.s. I am getting average 13.9 MPG so I am not exactly babying it either!

Last edited:

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Winch out services: includes pulling a vehicle within 100 feet of a paved or county maintained road. No recoveries."

Don't think Ford is hauling you off a trail.
I can promise I wouldn't be the only one to raise holy hell if my motor grenaded and Ford said tough titties. Breaking components because I was thrashing it is different than complete engine failure. I hope you can see the difference.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Members 29,943

How many are actually active? And how many actually have Bronco?

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Isn't rule one of wheeling to not go alone? Why is it going to take a day to get out?
I'll say hauling out a dead vehicle is a bit harder than just extracting a stuck vehicle. Been there. Too bad I was the heaviest vehicle on the trip. The two others could get us off the trail but I had to leave mine in the woods overnight. It took most of the next day to find someone with enough weight and HP to drag my 8600# rolling dead weight to the nearest gravel and my tow vehicle.

Even if I wasn't the fat boy in the group, it would have taken into the evening to get to gravel and additional hours to get my tow rig. All told it would have taken no less than a half day (if I was something like a Jeep) and as it was it took more than 24 hrs to get to civilization. His estimate is conservative but fair.

I won't go into one of the other vehicles having a minor engine fire around 1am. Had to crawl out the back of a CJ hatch with my sleeping son.

Kbobs21

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Acura MDX tech
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry not attacking you, but you're just the 100th person that has made a similar comment.

Its enough for a message/safety bulletin from Ford,(the fact they haven't is ridiculous) and possibly a recall. via https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ion-numbers-8-287-sold-10-504-produced.29749/ We can estimate that Ford has produced ~55,000 Broncos in MY21(using November sales & adding it up to year sales), and according to https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/ford-bronco-buyers-show-stick-is-still-popular/ ~37% were produced with the 2.3L. So we estimate that ~34,650 are 2.7L Broncos. Currently Bronco6G forum has 25 REPORTED cases of blown motors or ~.07% of all Broncos, might not seem like a lot, but considering members have already mention (in this thread ) that Facebook Bronco/Ford groups have multiple reports from people with also blown 2.7L Broncos. I'd say it's safe to add another 10 Broncos and make this an issue upon .1% of all produced.

Which is an issue, especially since we are dealing with entire engines being blown up, in a new vehicle with less than 5,000 miles. Tell me the last time you heard something like this before?

Another concerning factor is that many of these reports are coming from people travelling on highways going highway speeds.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/recallprocess.cfm
NHTSA states

• I'd put an engine as a critical vehicle component, and I believe it is breaking.
TBH/tl;dr: There's an issue @Ford Motor Company - Stop caring about stock price & bad PR and do something, its been 6 MONTHS & COMPLETE SILENCE (Stock Price +58%)
Do you have the data broken down by model and whether it is a Sasquatch build or regular build?

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just spitballing here, but I gotta believe that most owners of a Bronco are somewhat computer/internet savvy- at least to the point that they know how to google. So hypothetically if I own a 2.7 Bronco and am not a forum member here, AND my engine has a meltdown I think it’s common sense that most will do a quick search for a problem, landing them at this thread. Hope that if that happens they’ll join this conversation so we can get to better assessment of what actual failed motor count is.
Sponsored