First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update: Today the dealer called me and said he can't order a new engine because the Ford engineers need time to redesign it. So it's gonna be a while.
If it is a design issue wouldn't there be more failures besides the ones were seeing built June-August '21 ??
Sponsored

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 International Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update: Today the dealer called me and said he can't order a new engine because the Ford engineers need time to redesign it. So it's gonna be a while.
Fuuuuuuuuuuudge. That puts me in the same boat.

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the redesign story is true, I'd suspect a SSM will be posted in the near future.

However, I'd say redesign may mean anything...could just mean a different specific component needs to be sourced...such as an intake valve.

TravisC91

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If the redesign story is true, I'd suspect a SSM will be posted in the near future.

However, I'd say redesign may mean anything...could just mean a different specific component needs to be sourced...such as an intake valve.
I suspect we'll get some official clarification soon enough.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And people gave me crap for being so adamantly in favor of the 2.3L 🤣

Sponsored

DrBriGuy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it is a design issue wouldn't there be more failures besides the ones were seeing built June-August '21 ??
Kinda goes back to my point earlier and if this redesign is true, I’d gamble that there is more than one variable. Ford only knows, but for some reason the early failures are coming in specific date ranges (achieved the tipping point somehow) but that doesn’t mean other engines aren’t at some risk (albeit maybe lower) despite no failures to date. Getting more interesting.

TravisC91

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well I miss my Bronco, and if you ask me, (when it worked) everything about the 2.7 was significantly better than the loaner 2.3 i'm in now, except for the mpg.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Should’ve seen the crap from half the forum when @mpeugeot started original thread to collect data. Where’d they go??

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BOOM. This is a mic drop moment. What's this even mean for current MAP production. Strongly urge you to start a "2.7 Being Redesigned" thread!!!

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 1642473539322

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is it possible to get @Ford Motor Company to extend the warranty period by the duration of the time it takes to swap the motors? If this thing sits for 3 months that could be considered a significant amount of warranty duration. I ended up paying for the extended warranty and now it seems like a little reimbursement might be in order.
They will almost certainly give you an extended warranty for this kind of failure. They reached out to me on here and doubled my warranty length after my coolant hose issue, in addition to reimbursing my trip expenses.

I bet @flip could confirm whether these engines are on an engineering hold.🤯

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm taking this pretty well aren't I?
TravisC91, you should lemon law it, then reorder, or do you want to be the fix-ginnea-pig? I can tell you, if my 2.7 fails, I am seriously going to consider a full exit. One of the reasons I bought Bronco was because a) they know how to build trucks, so how could they screw up a Bronco and b) I thought there ecoboosts were bullet proof. So if my engine fails, half of my motivation just died, and I refuse to put my Bronco for 2-3 months on some lot awaiting an engine that first needs to be redesigned...............

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If this is true, and you have another vehicle to drive, is it best to not drive the Bronco until Ford does a recall?
Originally I thought it would be good to grenade it fast and get a replacement...

wino.gif
Sponsored