Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

… Did you just use the word “launch” and “Bronco with Sasquatch” in the same sentence??? 🤣

Although I hope the Bronco has some good speed to it, I’m also not expecting it to be a Trackhawk or anything like that.

Launch control not required :)
I said launch. You said launch control.

I don't speak for the group but I was hoping for wheelies! Something doesn't add up because being a brick is irrelevant for a 0-60 run and the F150 can do this in 6 seconds. Same engine, similar weight, and the Bronco does have heavier and taller tires but it also has 4.7 gears versus the F150's 3.73 gears which should give a huge jump off the line. I suppose we need somebody to do a test with the smaller/lighter tires to see what's going on here.
Pretty sure a 4 door First Edition is heavier depending on the F150, but 100 lbs per wheel/tire is a lot no matter what the gear ratio is. Throw some F150 size tires on and it will flyyyy. I do think applying some brake at launch and using 4A will help a lot, but a 4 door First Edition or Sasquatch Badlands will be the slowest no matter what.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I said launch. You said launch control.

Pretty sure a 4 door First Edition is heavier depending on the F150, but 100 lbs per wheel/tire is a lot no matter what the gear ratio is. Throw some F150 size tires on and it will flyyyy. I do think applying some brake at launch and using 4A will help a lot, but a 4 door First Edition or Sasquatch Badlands will be the slowest no matter what.
My 2011 F-150 has the heavy duty payload package (which means heavier frame and suspension parts), it's a standard cab 8ft bed and weighs in at 5100 pounds (roughly) and has a GVWR of 8200 lbs (3100 pound payload capacity - which is sick).

You have to build boost by breaking to launch it with the 3.5l Ecoboost. I don't see why the 2.7 would be any different. The stock F-150 HDPP LT245/75R17 is way smaller than the sasquatch package Bronco tires. The picture below shows the size difference between a 33.5" Patagonia M/T and the 31.7" Dynapro HT.

20210703_154456.jpg

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Stop kidding yourself. We all hoped, dreamed, and expected it to be pretty quick with a twin turbo V6. I still think it is relatively quick. But there are two types of people:

1. Those who simply accept the reality for what it is, but don’t lower their hopes and expectations just because the car didn’t meet them;

2. Those who lowered their expectations immediately upon realizing it didn’t meet them, then justifying it (after initially denying the evidence when it was first brought to them).

I’m really confused what you all thought a 2.5 ton+ brick on 35 inch/100 lb. wheels and tires would do from 0-60. I bet putting it in 4A would be the best bet for launch. The Bronco will be fairly quick but not from a dig with Sas.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stop kidding yourself. We all hoped, dreamed, and expected it to be pretty quick with a twin turbo V6. I still think it is relatively quick. But there are two types of people:

1. Those who simply accept the reality for what it is, but don’t lower their hopes and expectations just because the car didn’t meet them;

2. Those who lowered their expectations immediately upon realizing it didn’t meet them, then justifying it (after initially denying the evidence when it was first brought to them).
3. Realists who understand how difficult it is to get a heavy vehicle with 35” tires to 60 mph quickly. It’s part of the reason I didn’t go Sasquatch even though it’s sooo sexy. I know my place on the pavement. Lol

Michael Haun

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands CO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First edition 0-60!!!

I'm at somewhere around 17 seconds on my TJ with 35's so this threads responses are all a little laughable to me 😂. I'm going to be better than double the power 2 door Jeep has on a 4 door 2.3 in the bronco.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where was group 3 when the 0-60 video was uploaded? 😂
3. Realists who understand how difficult it is to get a heavy vehicle with 35” tires to 60 mph quickly. It’s part of the reason I didn’t go Sasquatch even though it’s sooo sexy. I know my place on the pavement. Lol

antiblue2022

Base
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 pontiac torrent
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

[/QUOTE
I know that I'm going to be on the pavement 99% of the time which is why I went for the outer banks

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll admit, I'm disappointed. I was using the F-150 with the 2.7tt as a guesstimate with acceleration and MPG. No one here would be complaining if the Bronco were to match the 0-60 of approx 5.6 sec or get the 20 city and 26 hwy MPG the F-150 provides. I'm guessing it comes down to weight, and I expected the Bronco to weigh notably less than a huge, full size truck. I wouldn't care if this was just some weekend trail toy for me, but its going to be my daily and...I'm disappointed.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll admit, I'm disappointed. I was using the F-150 with the 2.7tt as a guesstimate with acceleration and MPG. No one here would be complaining if the Bronco were to match the 0-60 of approx 5.6 sec or get the 20 city and 26 hwy MPG the F-150 provides. I'm guessing it comes down to weight, and I expected the Bronco to weigh notably less than a huge, full size truck. I wouldn't care if this was just some weekend trail toy for me, but its going to be my daily and...I'm disappointed.
With the right rims and tires, I am willing to bet that you can reclaim much of the lost acceleration. Trying to twist 35's at 100 lbs per corner is definitely not the same thing as twisting some 30" wheels at 50 lbs per corner... The little 2D base 2.7 in sport mode is going to be a rocket by comparison (200 lbs of unsprung weight gone and another 800 lbs of heft missing).

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 2.7L was previously reported to get the Bronco to 0-60 in 5.9 seconds. Im sure with the right driver and configuration (less weight), this will hold true. That engine is no joke. Neither is the 2.3L. Ford did a great job engineering the power train for these vehicles.

Edit: Unless there’s a “break-in” period, I seem to be wrong. It seems like the engine is being limited (maybe because of the transmission torque rating?).
NOTHING is more important in a Bronco or any off road vehicle than 0 - 60 times.

George Ellis

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 DRW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

George Ellis