BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anybody know if this rack is weak? looks like the bars are super thin? otherwise i love this

etrhw45hw45.png
That one requires drilling to the upper rear fender as well. Definitely don't get that.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That one requires drilling to the upper rear fender as well. Definitely don't get that.
i dont think kchilites has any announced products for this car yet i follow their social media.

Im simply asking if those bars are thin or normal for exterior mounted racks

OP
OP
BroncoHooves

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly: I have smittybilt sliders on my JK, but they are too high for a step. My wife is 5’4” so I hear about it all the time. Why no one makes generic bolt-on / off hoop steps for 2” sliders IDK.

Closest I see are the NFab RKRs and Lund Rock Rail Short Steps. Warrior makes a nice 6” drop step for 2” bars but you have to slot the tops which would have me worrying about rust. (And $90 a step.)

https://warriorproducts.com/6-drop-step-for-warrior-2-nerf-bar-tube-55012pc.html
I use an N-Fab RKR step on my FJ and it works great. Wife needs one on the passenger side and it can be removed in a few minutes for the trail.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you think there is a workaround to the Sasquach - keeping the stock steelies, but fitting them with the big tires
You’ll have to get aftermarket steelies, the stock steelies are 7” wide and they don’t make any larger size tires to fit rims that narrow.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I use an N-Fab RKR step on my FJ and it works great. Wife needs one on the passenger side and it can be removed in a few minutes for the trail.
Question: How high up is your step in height, and how much drop below the rail does the removable step give you?

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man, decisions decisions:

2” lift, 295/70 MTs, nfab sliders with removable steps (though would prefer warriors with lower steps) and which color?

93DFB844-9ADB-49DE-9AAC-F2F7244C8588.png

B3B0979C-A8F4-4DFE-8F51-77FE87BFFE0F.png

432D0466-9189-49E3-A687-A1C4C8B9E6E9.png

(Wish they would add body color top and white top)
I did this color combo, I wish they had Baja graphics...yellow as the base color then the other two colors as the Baja stripes!! Ohh baby...can’t wait to see some 70s and 80s desert graphics on the 21s!!

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah that's a side effect of mocking up Jeep stuff on to the Bronco. The Bronco won't need the "exoskeleton" mounting.

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This would be absolute heaven - no wheels on there were better than the steely rim!

Ford Bronco 2 door Bronco and new options added to Interactive Garage builder Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 1.29.15 PM

Ford Bronco 2 door Bronco and new options added to Interactive Garage builder Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 1.29.56 PM

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That half door is really cool. It changes the look of the vehicle more than wheels do.... and I LOVE the Steel Wheels on the Base. It makes me think of the original Bronco.

$1500 with color matching is a guestimate I get it... but if that is the actual price, I would be very interested.

A plexiglass that rolls up for when I am parked civilization, but down into the hole (but see through), would work great with a couple of security panels for when I park. That would actually make it possible to NEVER swap out of the 1/2 doors and be street legal everywhere.

Ford Bronco 2 door Bronco and new options added to Interactive Garage builder Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 1.48.49 PM

Last edited:

bomkrb

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the colors just don't seem right. I'm really hoping for something that's a bit greenish, a few look that way on the web, but irl pictures, not so much

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You’ll have to get aftermarket steelies, the stock steelies are 7” wide and they don’t make any larger size tires to fit rims that narrow.
Better to just get a separate set of wheels.... because the smaller wheels may work better in winter and for over-landing, v. the Sasquatch which would be better for rocks.