Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To anyone who has mounted their forward crossbar in both front and middle positions: do you notice a difference in wind noise on hwy? I'm thinking about getting the extra crossbar. (And yes, I know I could just move the middle one... I've gotta find some use for those Ford pts after all...)

Bronco is already about as aerodynamic as a brick, so I doubt it would have much effect on mpg... but I've read somewhere that wind noise is worse in the forward position.
I’ve got my crossbar all the way forward because of loading the canoe on and off several times per week. It takes a tool to move the crossbar so not practical to move it back and forth too frequently. Wind noise is the exact same in both positions. LOUD.

Only drawback to leaving them forward all the time is you can’t take the roof panels off unless you move the crossbar back.
Sponsored

86Isuzu

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco II, 03 Ranger Level II, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been able to remove my roof panels with the crossbar in both forward and mid positions.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like to hang as much as I can off the tire before I put things up on the rack.
Not really an option for you canoe and kayak haulers of course. :)

Ford Bronco 2 Door Broncos - What’s on your roof racks? [Photos Thread] IMG_6181

Ford Bronco 2 Door Broncos - What’s on your roof racks? [Photos Thread] IMG_7680

Sponsored

EffenNewGuy

Black Diamond
First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Silverado LS, '14 Subaru Impreza Sport Ltd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nothing.. I don’t have a rack yet 😤

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Back in September of 2021 I mounted a Rigid light bar before brackets were available. Now a days at my age do not need a rack no camping. Salute to all looking most excellent.

Ford Bronco 2 Door Broncos - What’s on your roof racks? [Photos Thread] 20211015_170600
Ford Bronco 2 Door Broncos - What’s on your roof racks? [Photos Thread] 20211026_090211
Ford Bronco 2 Door Broncos - What’s on your roof racks? [Photos Thread] 20230426_114419

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door, 2022 Transit Connect
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So first things first, my rack has a basket where I mounted my forward facing plate after driving without one for nearly a year. LOL When local PD began stopping other Bronco drivers for not having front plates I came up with this solution. Ok now what's on my roof??? CAMP! OK I am very proud of how good I have got at packing this thing. First inside, I had my dog. He gets in and out drivers side so I had to leave that side of the back seat up. This is so I can load/unload him with ease when we make stops. Then I had my standard Bronco gear; air pump, recovery gear and tools. Then a 10x10 canopy (the white one in the camp photo with a wall), Coleman camp kitchen, Coleman stove, large cooler, Coleman coffee maker, sleeping bag, blankets, small chair, pillows, queen size inflatable mattress, and food. Front seat and floorboard held my extra boots, portable power center and camera bags along with my clothes duffle and firearm. In the basket I have my campsite totes with all the light stuff (headlamps/paper plates/random camp supplies, etc), large camp chair, a 5 gallon bucket, camp bench, 2 tents; one is my 10x16 bad boy - the other a 3 man pack tent I brought as a back up. 3 small bags of cheap charcoal for the fire pit, and then the trash on the trip home.

Ford Bronco 2 Door Broncos - What’s on your roof racks? [Photos Thread] Camp Bronco 1

Ford Bronco 2 Door Broncos - What’s on your roof racks? [Photos Thread] Camp Bronco 20

Ford Bronco 2 Door Broncos - What’s on your roof racks? [Photos Thread] Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 3

Ford Bronco 2 Door Broncos - What’s on your roof racks? [Photos Thread] Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 5

Ford Bronco 2 Door Broncos - What’s on your roof racks? [Photos Thread] Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 9

Ford Bronco 2 Door Broncos - What’s on your roof racks? [Photos Thread] Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 10

Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 6.jpg

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
anyone running a low profile half rack

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To anyone who has mounted their forward crossbar in both front and middle positions: do you notice a difference in wind noise on hwy? I'm thinking about getting the extra crossbar. (And yes, I know I could just move the middle one... I've gotta find some use for those Ford pts after all...)

Bronco is already about as aerodynamic as a brick, so I doubt it would have much effect on mpg... but I've read somewhere that wind noise is worse in the forward position.
I have had it in both positions, don't notice a wind noise difference. I've left it in the forward position for the kayak, I will move it back if I find a need to use my basket. I too considered buying a third crossbar but haven't yet. The Broadict one is on Amazon for around $90.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like to hang as much as I can off the tire before I put things up on the rack.
Not really an option for you canoe and kayak haulers of course. :)

Ford Bronco 2 Door Broncos - What’s on your roof racks? [Photos Thread] 1693601767596

Ford Bronco 2 Door Broncos - What’s on your roof racks? [Photos Thread] 1693601767596
what spare tire strap is that? Looks perfect. Love the Bronco.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The factory roof rack was only $365 MSRP. With the discount I got, it probably cost a few dollars less than that Amazon rack.

That said, for those who missed out, this may be a good option if the price from Ford Parts is higher than when ordering with the vehicle.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the official “I have a 2 DR Bronco with roof rack, and this is what I’ve taken up there” thread. So post away. Love to see what you’ve put on your racks. I haven’t yet, so I’m ready to dive in.
So far, I've just carried air:
Ford Bronco 2 Door Broncos - What’s on your roof racks? [Photos Thread] TotA Navajo Tapestry Bronco

But I think it does look good with a rack. I'll probably bring home a Christmas tree with it just because, even though I have another option to do that. :)

I'm hoping to get some inspiration from this thread. So far, my only thoughts were to put a spare gas can up there, like this one:
Ford Bronco 2 Door Broncos - What’s on your roof racks? [Photos Thread] 61jBjJ3GBbL._AC_SL1500_

Less than 5" thick and should be fairly easy to secure using the back crossbar and the adjustable crossbar.
Sponsored