Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2-door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am I missing something? They had to be installed at some point, therefore they can be removed. It might not look like it came from the factory as if they never existed but I’m 100% they can be removed. Such a small minorty of buyers will remove them for whatever reason, it would be stupid for ford to make a specific option to delete the the rear seats as an option And a waste of money on the engineering end. and if they did offer the option, 90% of the people on the build and price would ask themselves “why would I delete the rear seats?” in the bigger perspective, it’s a small fraction of us who would even do it. I can remove every seat out of my expedition and have to replace some carpet. I’m sure those are considered “not removable”. Some people here and starting to sound like Veruca Salt form Charlie and the chocolate factory. Lol
Offering it "as an option" makes absolutely zero sense. It shouldn't need to be an option. The seat in my XJ was a two-piece bench seat, and both parts popped out easily without tools. It wasn't overly engineered and nothing crazy, there is no way this would be a waste of time for engineering...it doesn't take big brain stuff to figure out a removable rear seat.
Sponsored

Blackandbluebronco

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Offering it "as an option" makes absolutely zero sense. It shouldn't need to be an option. The seat in my XJ was a two-piece bench seat, and both parts popped out easily without tools. It wasn't overly engineered and nothing crazy, there is no way this would be a waste of time for engineering...it doesn't take big brain stuff to figure out a removable rear seat.
Not big brain stuff. But the cost of engineering the removable seat would reflect in the overall vehicle price. And I agree that it would be cool if they just popped out like the old Tahoe third row but in fine with just unbolting them if need be.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Am I missing something? They had to be installed at some point, therefore they can be removed. It might not look like it came from the factory as if they never existed but I’m 100% they can be removed. Such a small minorty of buyers will remove them for whatever reason, it would be stupid for ford to make a specific option to delete the the rear seats as an option And a waste of money on the engineering end. and if they did offer the option, 90% of the people on the build and price would ask themselves “why would I delete the rear seats?” in the bigger perspective, it’s a small fraction of us who would even do it. I can remove every seat out of my expedition and have to replace some carpet. I’m sure those are considered “not removable”. Some people here and starting to sound like Veruca Salt form Charlie and the chocolate factory. Lol
Ford won’t offer a seat delete. They don’t even do that for the Police Explorer that they sell. The explorers come with rear seats which are unbolted and replaced with the plastic tub seats so they can be washed out. If they won’t do this for every police department in the country, they aren’t doing it for the 12 people that want it for the Bronco. On the plus side, police departments have a lot of seats for basically free that can be mounted in hot rods, or used to replace the rear seat in 1st gen Broncos like mine.

Blackandbluebronco

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford won’t offer a seat delete. They don’t even do that for the Police Explorer that they sell. The explorers come with rear seats which are unbolted and replaced with the plastic tub seats so they can be washed out. If they won’t do this for every police department in the country, they aren’t doing it for the 12 people that want it for the Bronco. On the plus side, police departments have a lot of seats for basically free that can be mounted in hot rods, or used to replace the rear seat in 1st gen Broncos like mine.
exactly.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was thinking about some of the old original Bronco configurations seen in videos. I wonder if they plan to offer a Bronco in the future with no backs seat and a bed, almost like a little truck.

That could be a reason they didn't make the back seats removable.

Sponsored

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was thinking about some of the old original Bronco configurations seen in videos. I wonder if they plan to offer a Bronco in the future with no backs seat and a bed, almost like a little truck.

That could be a reason they didn't make the back seats removable.
I got a hard NO from an insider that a half cab wasn't in the mix for 2021. I would be surprised if the aftermarket doesn't make it a reality for these first offerings though.

I'm pretty optimistic about the Bronco Brand adding some diversity to the line up in up coming model years.

Hans

Outer Banks
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since the 2 door isn't big enough to carry doors in back.On the 4 door do the door bags come with the truck?

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got a hard NO from an insider that a half cab wasn't in the mix for 2021. I would be surprised if the aftermarket doesn't make it a reality for these first offerings though.

I'm pretty optimistic about the Bronco Brand adding some diversity to the line up in up coming model years.
I predict a half cab on the secondary market before the 1st delivery. Might be tricky doing the bulkhead and making it water tight, but someone will try.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Even if Ford doesn’t offer the tray to bridge the step, someone will. It will be an extremely easy fix to a “problem” that 95% of buyers won’t have.
I think you are right. Nobody should be disillusioned with what the factory is or isn't offering. The aftermarket for this thing will be rich and you will be able to have it your way, just like Burger King.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Jeep sales guys will be all over the fact that there’s more room in the Broncos in every configuration than in the wrangler?
Number 1 rule in car buying, do your homework and know more than the sales guy. Number 2, just smile at him when he runs some irrelevant crap by you.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is getting hilarious.

What you guys need to realize is that the segment of consumers looking for 2-door, manual transmission, V6, off road vehicles with 35" tires and removable back seats is VERY small compared to the mall crawler 4 door majority that will be buying this vehicle.

Ford didn't overlook any of these things, they just made smart business and engineering decisions to focus on what will make them the most money.

Believe it or not, the overwhelming majority of people buying this will not be off-roading it and looking to remove the back seats of a two door.

Engineering and design is about balancing features, cost, and time to market. Maybe you will see some of these things in future model years, but I for one just want them to release what they have before 2022.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Believe it or not, the overwhelming majority of people buying this will not be off-roading it and looking to remove the back seats of a two door.
Its kinda like fashion trends...maybe split-level load floors will be an "in" look by the time this comes out

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Its kinda like fashion trends...maybe split-level load floors will be an "in" look by the time this comes out
They probably could have raised the rear of the floor to match the front, but then people would be complaining the lift over is too high.

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't believe you. The interior design has not been finished as of yet. If you see one in the wild it is a prototype. For those who are not familiar with 2 doors, you have no F'n room if the back seat is in place. The final design may indeed be a fold down, which would work but I would be extremely shocked if the seat was not designed to be entirely removed without any tools.
I don't believe you. The interior design has not been finished as of yet. If you see one in the wild it is a prototype. For those who are not familiar with 2 doors, you have no F'n room if the back seat is in place. The final design may indeed be a fold down, which would work but I would be extremely shocked if the seat was not designed to be entirely removed without any tools.
That is absolutely inaccurate. It doesn't work like that at all, in which at this point in time the interior design would not be finished. Prototype may not represent the exact final configurations (on display), but U725 interior designs have been frozen for more than a year.

These things have to be decided early on and fully locked in more than a year-and-a-half out to 2 years out at least. Stuff like this isn't happening anymore or do not even expect a launch within the next 18 months. It's already done.

I also really would suggest that people refrain from assuming that something design wise wouldn't be finished, because design freezes do need to be implemented much earlier on than simple stuff like option configurations.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^^^^^ Well, then why has everyone that been seen, the people driving them say do not pay much attention to the interior, the final design has not been set yet.

And if so, why in the hell does Ford keep saying all of their advertising is CGI when clearly we have real ones running around all over the country??? The production units will not be rolling off the line for almost another year.
Sponsored