Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey

I am looking to get my 2 Door onto some 37's without sacrificing the ride quality or integrity of the stock Sasquatch

Anybody have some advice on the best way to get her on 37's?

Lift vs. spacers, do I need upper control arm upgrades etc..

THANK YOU
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and I would like to be rich as well as being the handsome man that I am....

Sadly, the weight difference alone between the (relatively light) SQ wheels/tires and a 37's package is going to negatively effect acceleration, braking, and suspension responsiveness. The added tire height will also change the suspension geometry in ways that are probably not going to be an improvement or more robust. Wheel travel decrease, likely rubbing at full lock and travel, stress on U-joints/CV joints/axles will likely increase substantially with the different unanticipated angles and weight (rotational inertia and associated kinetic energy can tear some stuff up.)

Added stress will shorten the life of components. Whether by a few hundred miles or a few ten's of thousands of miles is the unknown.

Change what you like, but don't be fooled into thinking there is no trade off. (economy wasn't even touched upon)

As to your second question, the how; I will leave that to the folks with experience in that area (my personal preference has me seeing 37's on a two door as looking very cartoonish and as a huge negative unless you have a very specific use case that needs them. (I would just take a different line or ignore that particular obstacle.)

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

and I would like to be rich as well as being the handsome man that I am....

Sadly, the weight difference alone between the (relatively light) SQ wheels/tires and a 37's package is going to negatively effect acceleration, braking, and suspension responsiveness. The added tire height will also change the suspension geometry in ways that are probably not going to be an improvement or more robust. Wheel travel decrease, likely rubbing at full lock and travel, stress on U-joints/CV joints/axles will likely increase substantially with the different unanticipated angles and weight (rotational inertia and associated kinetic energy can tear some stuff up.)

Added stress will shorten the life of components. Whether by a few hundred miles or a few ten's of thousands of miles is the unknown.

Change what you like, but don't be fooled into thinking there is no trade off. (economy wasn't even touched upon)

As to your second question, the how; I will leave that to the folks with experience in that area (my personal preference has me seeing 37's on a two door as looking very cartoonish and as a huge negative unless you have a very specific use case that needs them. (I would just take a different line or ignore that particular obstacle.)
That's not what the OP was asking...all you did was say why you think its a bad idea...go post on the 32” thread instead 🤔

I personally think 4x4s in general and ESPECIALLY the Bronco look like a man in woman's clothing with dinky stock tires. They look like all they are capable of is getting groceries or to the bus stop. Here's a few comparison pic to see how weak and pathetic stock looks.

I mean if you only dream of 265s why not just buy the Bronco sport?

20220206_124129.jpg

20220206_124111.jpg

20220206_124241.jpg

Last edited:

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If money is no object, you'd need to buy/install:

a) new coilovers
b) new CVs
c) new tie rods
d) new steering linkage
e) new UCAs

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'll post up because I'm a huge advocate of big tires and I have experience running them (not just running my mouth).

The 37s fit the Bronco like a glove. The wheel openings are perfect for this size. The suspension components do handle the bigger tires just fine. And I actually think the brakes have an improved feel and driver modulation now too. Smaller tires are prone to lock-up earlier and go into “antilock” mode under hard braking. (There's a you tube video on this).

The tires do allow enough extra clearance to go over obstacles that I got high centered on with the stock SAS tires.

I don't have a lift in the rear, just factory SAS suspension. In the front I used half of a ”leveling kit” to eliminate 3/4 of front rake most of the Broncos have (measured from the body line just above the door handles, at the front and back corners).

I did need to trim my front and rear crash bars, and was happy to hack them off.

Been running the 37s for 3 months ZERO issues and so happy with them.

I did order fabtech UCAs and will be installing them this week, I'll also install 1.5” spacers at all 4 corners AND Remove the inner bump stops on the SAS shocks too.
I've already done a 1.5” diff drop in preparation for a 1-2” lift. This should allow MORE travel and articulation than a stock SAS (or NON-SAS Badlands) while still allowing the 37s to clear the fenders under full compression.

So stoked!

Last edited:

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

a) new coilovers
b) new CVs
c) new tie rods
d) new steering linkage
e) new UCAs
This is a good list. I would say some 37’s on the milder side would be a better fit also. Maybe something like a KO2. Don’t listen to the people saying things will wear out. All of our rigs will wear out depending on a lot of factors. Most importantly is how hard we wheel them.

I would go to a reputable off road shop and start asking questions. We have a great four wheel parts (4WP) store close by and is always super helpful to the folks new to the hobby.

The Bronco is still pretty new so there is less available right now. There will be a lot more kits coming to market in the next 12 months. It hurts a little more buying all at once but some of the complete kits will work a little better because they are designed to work as one unit. Buying a set of shocks here and control arms there might work just as well but could also not be as week set up right out of the box.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

a) new coilovers
b) new CVs
c) new tie rods
d) new steering linkage
e) new UCAs
Good stuff to upgrade....BUT none of that is needed to run 37s...I've been doing it for months and I take 4x4 trails every weekend.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good stuff to upgrade....BUT none of that is needed to run 37s...I've been doing it for months and I take 4x4 trails every weekend.
What did you do with your spare? Any reinforcement there?

Sponsored

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll post up because I'm a huge advocate of big tires and I have experience running them (not just running my mouth).

The 37s fit the Bronco like a glove. The wheel openings are perfect for this size. The suspension components do handle the bigger tires just fine. And I actually think the brakes have an improved feel and driver modulation now too. Smaller tires are prone to lock-up earlier and go into “antilock” mode under hard braking. (There's a you tube video on this).

The tires do allow enough extra clearance to go over obstacles that I got high centered on with the stock SAS tires.

I don't have a lift in the rear, just factory SAS suspension. In the front I used half of a ”leveling kit” to eliminate 3/4 of front rake most of the Broncos have (measured from the body line just above the door handles, at the front and back corners).

I did need to trim my front and rear crash bars, and was happy to hack them off.

Been running the 37s for 3 months ZERO issues and so happy with them.

I did order fabtech UCAs and will be installing them this week, I'll also install 1.5” spacers at all 4 corners AND Remove the inner bump stops on the SAS shocks too.
I've already done a 1.5” diff drop in preparation for a 1-2” lift. This should allow MORE travel and articulation than a stock SAS (or NON-SAS Badlands) while still allowing the 37s to clear the fenders under full compression.

So stoked!
This is great advice from someone who has done it. Have seen others as well, with just a front level. Unless you are extreme flexing all the time, you can get rolling right away like this. Then add more later as you get used to the ride and how it works in your area/trails.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What did you do with your spare? Any reinforcement there?
Nothing, it fits fine. Yes it's heavier, but I plan on deleting the spare entirely once I get new double beadlocks this summer.

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed. Similar here. With Sasquatch just add leveling kit, re-alignment, and upgrade to 37's. No problems at all

37's are the way. Now the tires are proportional to the Bronco. And the new ride off-roading is really great

For the spare we kept the factory Goodyear. Less stress on tailgate

Ford Bronco 2 Door Sasquatch on 37's Advice.. 20220108_141724

Which leveling kit did you use? Yours is stock with the leveling kit ant 37's? Looks good.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan to run 37 Kenda Klever KR601’s with RTR 0 offset wheels, JKS tie rod sleeves and GTR Offroad perch collars. The perch collars are a bridge gap for time and $$, until I can step up to Fox coilovers & other needed bits.

Zero B6G experience so far as my 2Door is still in Dearborn….but it’s coming soon.

TNBadBronc

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco/ 2004 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the RPG perch collar lift. Gives you 2.2" in the front and 1.2" in the rear. 37 BFG KM3's with 1.5" wheel spacers. Did the JKS max tire kit mostly to clean up the front with the aftermarket bumper. Zero rubbing at full lock. Probably would rub with enough articulation, haven't tested it yet.

Ford Bronco 2 Door Sasquatch on 37's Advice.. 20221117_120024
Ford Bronco 2 Door Sasquatch on 37's Advice.. 20221116_112703
Ford Bronco 2 Door Sasquatch on 37's Advice.. 20221120_155934
Ford Bronco 2 Door Sasquatch on 37's Advice.. 20221116_151117
Sponsored