Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I currently have an escape and never use the backseat. I don’t know if I would regret the trunk space. We shop at Costco and Sam’s and fill the trunk when we go. Haha
I currently have an Escape and have the back seats folded down nearly all the time. It’s just my wife and me and our two dogs. We’re getting a 2 door. I LOVE the look for the 2 door so much. And I’ve seen both the 2 door and 4 door in person and the 2 door is more than enough space for my needs. It’s YUGE. There’s a surprising amount of room in the back. And with the seats folded down, there’s a lot of cargo space.

Keep an eye on the Michigan Bronco Club page for Michigan sightings. You may get a chance to see one in person before orders are due.

EDIT: ICYMI - pics and measurements of a 2 door Badlands. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...lands-in-cyber-orange-with-measurements.9976/
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW, the 2-door has 52.3 cubic feet of space behind the front seats, the 4-door is 77.6 cubic feet. The OP didn't mention which generation of Escape she has, but the current ones are about 65. The first gen Escape was 66, so same ballpark.

From that point of view, the 4-door will a bit bigger than you're used to, whereas the 2-door will be smaller. Though given the Bronco's more box-like shape, it might make better use of the size it has than the Escape does. My Fiesta only has 25 cubic feet with the seat folded (and I can still get my bike inside it), so either Bronco is comparatively huge to me.

Scooter

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The last Dimensional wise person. Please do not be Captain Oblivious to me. Be self aware. Enjoy rolling the gears. This site has been very useful for me to understand the size of the Bronco, Inside and out. Still trying to figure out how the cockpit and egress will be for me. Tight underground parking, big guy.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am having a hard time deciding on a 2 door or 4 door. I don’t have kids and rarely have others in my car. I do worry that the trunk space is WAY too small on a 2 door. Will there be a difference in the drive as well? I live in Michigan and the potholes can be ridiculous.

So what are you getting and why? What helped you decide?
I am getting the 2 door it looks better, the trunk is still big and you can just fold down the seats if it is a concern, either way the bronco will be pretty good for potholes but the 4door will have a slightly longer wheelbase so it will be a bit better on the road with handling. If you want to take the doors and top off get the 2 door hard top is more secure and you can stow the pieces onboard and dealing with 2 doors vs 4 is wayyy better

Sponsored

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m going with the four door for cargo space. I hope to have room behind the rear seat for a two place custom dog box with storage space on the top. I also rarely haul anyone so any space behind the front seats will be temporary day to day gear storage. When I get the urge for the classic look I will hop in my 74. :)

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps and a Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had a 2 door JK Wrangler for years. Just me. No spouse, kids, or pets. About 90% of the time it was fine. But that 10% of the time I really needed more space. I even had to rent a car a couple of times to haul around some things. At least until I picked up a second vehicle (2001 Jeep Cherokee 4 door).

The shorter wheelbase is great for getting around in parking lots and tight spaces. The back seat was a fold-and-tumble removable seat that gave me a mostly flat floor when removed. That made it much more flexible. As long as I wasn't trying to carry anything much longer than 5-6 feet, I could manage to fit it in with the back seat removed. With the back seat in use, the cargo area was almost not useful at all.

But it had its drawbacks too. Driving on high speed sections of rough dirt roads, the shorter wheelbase was "twitchy" where the longer wheelbase in the 4 door is a lot more stable. When I would pack up for long camping trips (I don't pack light) I would have that thing stuffed top to bottom with extra stuff on the front passenger seat. I became a Tetris master trying to get everything to fit. And I still had to leave things behind.

The Wrangler was sold for several reasons. I still have the 01 Cherokee and it has a lot more room for all my camping gear. But again, 90% of the time I don't need the extra space. However, when that 10% of the time shows up, I'm glad I have the room. And when it comes time for me to replace the Cherokee and my Subaru Crosstrek to get down to one daily driver/moderate off road vehicle, I won't get anything but a 4 door.

But what it really comes down to is that you can't base your decision on what other people do and why they do it. Base it on what you need and what you're going to do with it.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another pain point for me is the lack of power seats on the Vinyl seats (per the video , no power seats on vinyl )

So if i have to get my son in and out of the back and into his carseat that will be painful as i hate having to constantly adjust my seat... unless it goes back to the last setting. Does anyone know this?

Deep down I really want a 2-door, but with a 4yo and him growing up and then taking him on camping trips where we camp in the back of the bronco (especially on snow adventures) I'm leaning toward a 4 door, and my wife wants me to get a 4-door.... but they just dont look right. My initial thought after seeing them with MIC top was ~hummer-ish

The wife does have a bronco sport, so we can take that for long road trips, but I want a fun car for me and family. So still teeter tottering ...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another pain point for me is the lack of power seats on the Vinyl seats (per the video , no power seats on vinyl )

So if i have to get my son in and out of the back and into his carseat that will be painful as i hate having to constantly adjust my seat... unless it goes back to the last setting. Does anyone know this?

Deep down I really want a 2-door, but with a 4yo and him growing up and then taking him on camping trips where we camp in the back of the bronco (especially on snow adventures) I'm leaning toward a 4 door, and my wife wants me to get a 4-door.... but they just dont look right. My initial thought after seeing them with MIC top was ~hummer-ish

The wife does have a bronco sport, so we can take that for long road trips, but I want a fun car for me and family. So still teeter tottering ...

I used to buy nothing but 2 doors.. then I just happened to get some 4 doors and life was just so much easier. Then came the wife and kid and no way a 2 door would work. Just the room alone for all the extra "kid stuff" warrants the 4 door.

Now if you have a Sport and really want the 2 door, you have options. Would the whole family even be going with you? If my kid couldn't climb into the back seat and buckle in themselves, then I almost think they are too young to be bouncing around on trails.

And then of course there was that video that suggests (probably wrong) that only the 4 door comes with the must have bottle opener so there's that :p

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Similar situation, just me and my dog and I am not a fan of how the 4 door looks. And that's really the biggest oof for me, the 4 door just is not appealing to me in the least. So 2 door for me all the way.

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to buy nothing but 2 doors.. then I just happened to get some 4 doors and life was just so much easier. Then came the wife and kid and no way a 2 door would work. Just the room alone for all the extra "kid stuff" warrants the 4 door.

Now if you have a Sport and really want the 2 door, you have options. Would the whole family even be going with you? If my kid couldn't climb into the back seat and buckle in themselves, then I almost think they are too young to be bouncing around on trails.

And then of course there was that video that suggests (probably wrong) that only the 4 door comes with the must have bottle opener so there's that :p
Yeah looks like i'll have to go the 4 door. The baby bronco is just not as fun as a big bronco, especially if we plan to go camping and hiking. Both will do well but the big bronco will just go further, and it will be manual.

Just not being able to see one in person is a real pita now, especially as orders will/should start going in by March

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reading thru this is kinda fun but in the end it's a choice not a versus

I'm just glad to have a choice and
of course I'm going with the better one

For me

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah looks like i'll have to go the 4 door. The baby bronco is just not as fun as a big bronco, especially if we plan to go camping and hiking. Both will do well but the big bronco will just go further, and it will be manual.

Just not being able to see one in person is a real pita now, especially as orders will/should start going in by March
Oh, and as for "going back to where you had it"... I doubt it. Looks to be purely mechanical. I always loaded my kids up on the passenger side anyway (safer if on a road), so who cares if the passenger side goes back exactly.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reading thru this is kinda fun but in the end it's a choice not a versus

I'm just glad to have a choice and
of course I'm going with the better one

For me
Agreed, you make the choice that's right for YOU and no one else ?
Sponsored