drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would make sense. This system hasn't really been figured out yet. I do know that the entire thing is one unit computers and all. If one thing goes bad it all has to be changed
It is all considered one unit

Here’s a crude diagram of how the EBB works. The pedal doesn’t link directly to the hydraulic system unless there’s power loss. It’s a rather impressive design. During normal operation you’re actually just pushing against a pedal feel generator which is why there are actually different settings that can be programmed from factory or even via a specific drive mode to give a different feel. And in normal operation all the actual braking is controlled by the computer based on how much input you’re giving. It’s almost brake-by-wire but not quite yet. Though that is coming.

Ford Bronco 2021 2.7L Brake Failure A948F28A-B63E-4A84-9EA3-78C3AC5647FF
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 2021 2-Door Wildtrak 2.7L that I took delivery of in November. I’ve got 4500 miles on it so far. I’ve had the random pre-collision alert warning here and there when there was no reason for it. Then 3 weeks ago I was pulling into a driveway and the pre-collision alert went off as soon as my front wheels went up the driveway and then I had no brakes. I proceeded to roll 30+ feet into the back of a parked car in the driveway. I was mashing the brake pedal as hard as I could and it didn’t even slow down a bit. Super scary as I had family standing just to the right of the parked car I hit. Immediately had the Bronco towed to the dealership and they’ve been investigating for the past 3 weeks. All I’ve heard is that certain modules aren’t communicating with each other and they’ve had another Bronco with issues with Hill Start assist module.
How bad was the damage to your bronco and your other vehicle this is like a nightmare so sorry flrd should pick up the tab on both vehicles being fixed not your fault the brakes did not work. In hind sight a Ehicle buy back would be nice but not like there’s a a lot of broncos around to replace yours with

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow. This is scary. I know the 2.3 has brake issues bit I thought the 2.7 was above at least 1 Ford plague.

They truly are building junk. I'm already on the borderline of calling it.

OP
OP

Paxsui

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How bad was the damage to your bronco and your other vehicle this is like a nightmare so sorry flrd should pick up the tab on both vehicles being fixed not your fault the brakes did not work. In hind sight a Ehicle buy back would be nice but not like there’s a a lot of broncos around to replace yours with
Glad you and everyone are okay - thanks for sharing and let us know what they find.

Any odd sounds, or feelings through the pedal, before this happened?
No sounds other than the Pre-Collision Alert warning noises and the pedal bottomed out but only halfway down.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Paxsui

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Shit.

Welcome to Bronco6G - we're glad to have you here even though the event that inspired it is terrifying.

I guess figuring out where the emergency brake is is high up in the list of delivery-day priorities, and then constantly programming my mind to think about toggling it in low speed crisis like this.
The emergency brake would've done nothing. My experience is it will not apply if the vehicle is moving at all.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Paxsui

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yesterday with the doors off I was getting the whole dash failures on the display every time I started it. They go away if I shut off and restarted. Never appear on the second start. Just the first.
But what I did notice while I was pushing the brakes harder on start to see if that had anything to do with it, pedal physically dropped past half way point when I hit okay for brake failure (click then Dead drop). I shut it off and restarted it while still pressing hard. Upon start it pushed the pedal and me back up.
I received the same failures/alarms every time I took my doors off (4-5 times). I looked online to see if there was something I needed to do but didn't find anything. Not sure if that is related to what happened with the brake failure but surprising that for a vehicle that was so heavily designed to have the doors be removable they would have so many alarms when you take them off.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received the same failures/alarms every time I took my doors off (4-5 times). I looked online to see if there was something I needed to do but didn't find anything. Not sure if that is related to what happened with the brake failure but surprising that for a vehicle that was so heavily designed to have the doors be removable they would have so many alarms when you take them off.
I know. The doors have power locks and windows in them. No idea why everything in the truck clicks when you plug or unplug them.
Someone needs to make a door dongle to trick the computer when the doors are off. I don’t have a problem starting it twice to clear it but it gets annoying for a 50k+ new vehicle. I’m sure it will be addressed in the over the air updates in the future.

My suburban was plagued with issues for the first 3 months. Gm did a excellent job with the updates. Have had zero issues in a year. Looking to be the best gm I’ve had yet. Hope ford does does as good.

Last edited:

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did the emergency / parking brake fail?

Trying to hit that quickly in an emergency is unlikely. I don't have a lot of complaints about the Bronco, but the absolutely terrible stereo and the electronic emergency brake are 2. I really want a mechanical handle.