23_Badlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2d SAS 7sp(AB) Hi Tow Modular Hoop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it means that configuration doesn’t exist ;)
Good catch, cbrenthus. I edited my post to make is easier for those that didn't know this was a thread about tow capacity, to connect the dots ;)
Sponsored

Rocky905

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BADLANDS non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

alzito

Raptor
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, FE & F250
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm guessing the lower rating on the 4.7 Badlands is because she's heavy.
Would removing the spare (removing weight from the rear end) and using a properly installed sway/distribution hitch help make up this difference?
I'm also looking for some helper springs for the rear, but it's actually not bad the few times I've towed ~3200.

I'm just concerned since I'm near the limit, but I'm hoping my minor modifications would potentially raise that limit (if it were somehow reevaluated haha) just so it doesn't feel so close to the limit.

Not planning on going crazy with a 4000 trailer or anything 😆
Will not change published (legal?) capacities, however thinking out loud if you remove the spare completely from the vehicle then your GCWR will go up accordingly. So that would allow more weight allowance in the vehicle and perhaps a higher tongue weight as well as getting closer to the 3500 on your Badlands. Anything higher than 3500 is mostly limited to the hitch being attached to the rear crossmember, they addressed this on the Raptor by adding two braces where the muffler is located on regular Bronco. See attached pics.

Take note, the published capacities are based on two 150 lb passengers and, if you have added or will add anything to the vehicle, that will need to be considered in your calculations. Example, winch, roof rack, Tent, etc.

C68CFB82-BF2E-425B-A035-F19E92196BD8.jpeg

2078F494-D857-473E-BFD3-F66DEE9D4F46.jpeg
Sponsored