Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was just put on the Ford Accessories web page:

https://accessories.ford.com/bronco-2024-trailer-tow-kit-vp2dz15a416b

Anyone know about It? The old one required the wiring harness for a couple hundred and receiver for about $400…retail of course. I ordered this for delivery next week and not sure if it has he wiring harness or if it is even needed anymore.
Sponsored

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It spells out exactly what's included under Item Details.

• Hitch receiver
  • Trailer module
  • Trailer 4/7 pin wiring connector
  • Hardware kit
  • REQUIRES dealer installation to perform software update to enable electrical functions
  • Not for use with Bronco Raptor

Also notes that it's only compatible with 2024 Bronco other than Raptor. Most of the wiring is installed at the factory on 2024s, so it's plug, program, and play.

OP
OP

Bdied90277

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you but I did read exactly what it included. Then I looked at the actual instructions (Lumen MY24) and was slightly confused. I guess I will find out next week.

HolidayDog

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

This pencils out to $507 installed.

I am curious to know if you install without the dealer programming will the brake/blinker/running lights work on the 4 pin trailer lights?

Is the dealer programming for the 7 pin functionality?

I have about 1k miles to burn before I need to know.

UTME

Wildtrak
First Name
T-Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Rubicon-X
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford dealer told me all trailer hitches are installed at the dealer and not the factory for 2024. They only had one mechanic that could install the trailer package on the 2024 WT that we ordered. Took an extra week after it was delivered.

Sponsored

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

HolidayDog

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Currently SOLD OUT. 😭
If you have a 24 do you think the wiring harness is required or is it already installed on the vehicle ?

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Currently SOLD OUT. 😭
If you have a 24 do you think the wiring harness is required or is it already installed on the vehicle ?
Shows in stock for me. If you have a '24, you just need the MY24 kit and for the dealer to program it. I would add the installation for $168, since the driver's side cargo panels still need to be removed for the tow module, along with the dealer programming.

Demon4x4

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
demon4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried ordering this while at the dealership picking up my '24 on Friday, and they told a price of like $1300 installed, mentioned they needed run the wiring, etc. I informed him that the model year 24's were pre-wired and it was 368+168 on the website. He didn't back down on my info - I said nah, I'll just order it later.

Anyone know for sure if you order a part + the install amount on the website that the dealer will honor that price?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I tried ordering this while at the dealership picking up my '24 on Friday, and they told a price of like $1300 installed, mentioned they needed run the wiring, etc. I informed him that the model year 24's were pre-wired and it was 368+168 on the website. He didn't back down on my info - I said nah, I'll just order it later.

Anyone know for sure if you order a part + the install amount on the website that the dealer will honor that price?
You have to include the DIO install as part of the deal or the dealer is going to hourly rate you to death. If your dealer wont honor a Ford factory DIO, report them and find a new dealer to do it.

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've done one, putting the hitch and wiring on is no big deal. You do have to remove the bumper, Just have some one there to hold it when you remove the last bolts so it doesn't fall and pull out the wiring. The module on the inside isn't a big deal, I broke the plastic cover on the first tie down I removed, otherwise just normal panel removal, wiring is there and just plugs in. If it weren't for the programming this would be an easy DIY project.

HolidayDog

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

To be clear this is the 2024 kit, and is the same kit the dealers get when you order the tow package from the factory.

The 2021-2023 kit is part number VP2DZ-15A416-A.

The programming integrates it with the rest of the vehicle. Allows it to talk to BLIS, parking sensors, etc. and gives you a few extra buttons on the Sync screen to turn on/off trailer sway control, and do a trailer light check.

If you skip the programming step the lighting will still work, but that's it. And you may find that your BLIS & parking sensors yell at you before they eventually give up.

This is correct, for 2024 the trailer tow packages are installed by the dealer.

The wiring harness that was a gigantic pain-in-the-butt to install for 2021-2023 is now installed by the factory. But they still have to tear apart a big chunk of the trim panels in the rear cargo area to install the trailer tow module.

It's definitely easier than it was in the past, but not really a plug-and-play sorta thing that can be completed in 10-15 minutes.

• If you order it from the factory, the dealer MUST install it free of charge
  • If you ordered it from Ford Accessories and selected dealer install, the dealer MUST install it at the price you paid on Ford Accessories.
If you just order it from the parts counter, they can charge whatever they want.

Note that the labor rates are really low... so if you go to Ford Accessories to order the part and notice that your dealership is not listed when you go to check out, don't be surprised. Many dealers are asking to be removed from the Ford Accessories website because they were actually losing money on installations. Over half of the dealers in my state have dropped out (including my own dealer).
Thank you for this information @RagnarKon I really appreciate the insight.

On the Accessories site none of the dealers near me show up as available to do the installation. The nearest dealer is 3 1/2 hours away. I called them and the parts guy quoted me $1290 for parts/install. I didn't mention the online install price.

I am wondering if I order it and select that dealer will they actually honor the Ford quoted price. It's a long drive if they turn around and charge me $700 to install/program. I don't know if they will care if "Bryan on B6G" said so, and that's what would tell them. I just read the "terms and conditions" of the Ford Accessories page.....Lots of legal jargon that made my head spin.
( https://accessories.ford.com/terms-conditions )

I am thinking after driving 7 hours and maybe they honor the price..... I just bend over and pay to have it installed at my local dealer. I can install the hitch and can figure out the wiring myself....I would much prefer to have the dealer programming as part of a properly functioning towing experience (not hearing the warnings and reminders every time we tow the raft).

Back to the garage for some more broncoing.

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

RagnarKon, do you think this kit would fit the 22? I already have the brake modulator installed (by the dealer) and the the hitch. I know I'm missing the module and the wire harness from the module to 7-Pin. Or do you think it would be cheaper and easier to just get the wire harness and module?

RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (First Edition)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The wiring harness is the biggest for the kit (21-23)
If you have the brake controller installed, what's it connected to if there is no wiring

Dreamer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The trailer kit on the Ford accessory site appears to be the exact same kit that was sent to the dealer when I ordered the 2024 with the tow package.

I asked the mechanic how difficult it was to install and he said it was very easy. Just like others have said the rear bumper needs to be removed. The driver side rear panel inside is pulled back, and the module is plugged in. Other than the module and the trailer hitch and4/7 pin. The only other thing that needed to be done was the programming.

When I picked up the bronco, I checked the vehicle display under one of the drop-downs And trailer Tow was there. Display provided instructions on how to hook up a trailer (very basic) as well as an option to turn on trailer sway control. Haven’t tried it out yet, but looks like a good install.

Only issue I can tell is that the rear proximity unlock works sporadically now. Not consistently like it used to. Probably means another trip back to the dealer.
Sponsored