Badlands
Clubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To be clear this is the 2024 kit, and is the same kit the dealers get when you order the tow package from the factory.

The 2021-2023 kit is part number VP2DZ-15A416-A.

The programming integrates it with the rest of the vehicle. Allows it to talk to BLIS, parking sensors, etc. and gives you a few extra buttons on the Sync screen to turn on/off trailer sway control, and do a trailer light check.

If you skip the programming step the lighting will still work, but that's it. And you may find that your BLIS & parking sensors yell at you before they eventually give up.

This is correct, for 2024 the trailer tow packages are installed by the dealer.

The wiring harness that was a gigantic pain-in-the-butt to install for 2021-2023 is now installed by the factory. But they still have to tear apart a big chunk of the trim panels in the rear cargo area to install the trailer tow module.

It's definitely easier than it was in the past, but not really a plug-and-play sorta thing that can be completed in 10-15 minutes.

• If you order it from the factory, the dealer MUST install it free of charge
  • If you ordered it from Ford Accessories and selected dealer install, the dealer MUST install it at the price you paid on Ford Accessories.
If you just order it from the parts counter, they can charge whatever they want.

Note that the labor rates are really low... so if you go to Ford Accessories to order the part and notice that your dealership is not listed when you go to check out, don't be surprised. Many dealers are asking to be removed from the Ford Accessories website because they were actually losing money on installations. Over half of the dealers in my state have dropped out (including my own dealer).
Thank you for this!

Mrchoochoo

Outer Banks
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just received my 24 OBX and bought aftermarket front and rear bumpers...the rear bumper came with a trailer hitch also. I just installed them and after removing the rear bumper, I saw this plug behind a steel plate. Is this the factory-installed wiring harness for for trailer lights?. So my question is , can I just order the.pug like you got on Amazon and plug it in and mount it and all the lights will work?. I'm so confused on all this talk about programming and modules..

20240410_165112.jpg

20240410_165125.jpg

RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (First Edition)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I believe the one thing that 2024 package has is the trailer module.
If you don't have The trailer module, you won't be able to actually have lights, it creates the lights in that module for a lack of better term.

Mrchoochoo

Outer Banks
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe the one thing that 2024 package has is the trailer module.
If you don't have The trailer module, you won't be able to actually have lights, it creates the lights in that module for a lack of better term.
So I'm guessing that the only way to know if I have the module is to pull back the panel in the back and see if there is one in there....or plug a harness in and see if it works?

Sponsored

RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You can guarantee it by pulling back the panel.

But I'm confident that it's will not be there, unless someone secretly installed the tow package at night like elves

autobahn

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone know if you can just order the trailer electronics module seperately or just as part of the kit that comes with the hitch?

HolidayDog

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I installed this yesterday on my Everglades. Pretty straightforward. I removed the slide out taulgate to make it easier to access the harness plugs. I wish I had a pair of little Bronco elves to reach two of the bolts that were in a tight spot.

I am paying to have the dealer to switch the tow hitch program.
It would be $150 at ford. I am thinking I can get started with FORSCAN for that amount. I definitely have a list of my FORSCAN must haves. I’m just not confident in being able to program and have it work without issues.

autobahn

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just ordered the OBD2 Forscan adapter so I'll be trying to enable the tow settings using Forscan as well on a 2024MY.

Sponsored

Pygmy Warrior

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco 2.3L , 2023 Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone know if you can just order the trailer electronics module seperately or just as part of the kit that comes with the hitch?
I called the dealer today and asked the same question and, for what it's worth, they said it is only available in the kit. I have a 2024 with the wiring factory installed but I need the module but not the rest of the kit.
I found two different kits one part number VP2DZ-15A416-A without the hitch and VP2DZ-15A416-B with the hitch.
I guess either one would work?

RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I called the dealer today and asked the same question and, for what it's worth, they said it is only available in the kit. I have a 2024 with the wiring factory installed but I need the module but not the rest of the kit.
I found two different kits one part number VP2DZ-15A416-A without the hitch and VP2DZ-15A416-B with the hitch.
I guess either one would work?
You should be able to just buy the module, look at my prior post.

Pygmy Warrior

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco 2.3L , 2023 Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think I found where you posted the part number. Just to confirm it is pn M2DZ-19H332-A ? Thanks!

SoccerM

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay. That is what I was thinking. Turns out the 2024s have a different setup and Amazon says the Curt does not fit the 2024s. I really like your idea of the 4pin use to avoid the dealer costs. I can pull off the bumper, add the factory tow kit (that appears to be the only supported hitch at the moment for 2024 Broncos) and install the 4pin to the rear tail light panels hopefully in under an hour and I'll be all set. Thanks for pointing that out.

https://www.amazon.com/Bronco-Exclu...SOJWM1TV1LIVLl8WWEcKX5dlG1waF0lBoCKigQAvD_BwE

Okay. Finally had time to install the tow hitch.

Short story: Super easy! Less than 1hr.

Deets: I’ve got a 24 OBX. Bought the Ford Tow Hitch package that included the wiring.

I installed the hitch but I did not connect the wiring in the side wall yet. I’ll do that when it’s needed.

Tow hitch install was simply removing the light switches at the bumper ends, unscrewing three bolts on each side of the bumper, removing the bumper, unscrewing the electronics cover, screwing in the tow hitch to the bumper, connecting the 7/4 pin and attaching it to the hitch, then bolting the bumper back on and reconnecting the light contacts.

Done in less than an hour.

I will need to connect the electronics before I tow something that needs brake lights, but for now the MTB rack (my main goal) is connected and I can drive to the mountains and ride.

I also bought the Curt 8” extender. It works. It’s a little more loose than I’d like so I wrapped tape around it for a more snug fit. Also, it does not come with a connector bolt so I used one from an old tow hitch for quick easy on and off. I’ll also keep the extender connected to the bike rack vs the tow hitch so it not sticking out as I drive around for everyday stuff.

Thanks for all the ideas here.

Resources: (this guy does not point to the correct bumper bolts fwiw. They are different in the OBX vs what he shows, otherwise it’s a helpful video)
Sponsored