De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Only two pass through wires, and all switches require key on? That is highly disappointing and not what I would expect since they get it right in the F series.
Switching input power to a hot lead should be easy enough. Maybe even doable at the fuse box.
Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Short of the long of it:

All switch wires terminate under the hood at the power distribution point. These 6 power leads are relayed and fused already and have specific ratings. (The power is not actually running through the switches in the cab

From that point, additional wires are prerun to various points in the Bronco (Grill, behind glove box). And then from the glove box additional wires are run further (top of the windshield, right rear quarter).

You connect the specific switch wire at the distribution point to the next wire that heads in whatever direction you want to power. Additional connection may/can be made at that next wire’s termination point to continue to the desired destination.

Or you just connect your own wires to whichever switched power circuit you want and run it yourself to wherever.

We already know that the switches/circuits are rated for various amps, so relays are not (necessarily) needed. But if you did want to exceed the switch’s amp rating, it would be easy to add the relay in the engine bay at the distribution point before you send the power along. (You would just have to be mindful of whatever gauge wire you use from that point forward.)

All trailing wires are rated for the highest amp switch, so you theoretically don’t have to worry about the connections down the line as long as you select the appropriate switch for the load.
Do you mean "the long and the short of it?"

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was dreading adding rock lights but half the work is already done for you ! Quit being NEGATIVE NANCYS!
Thank you!

Ford has made adding accessories super simple. There was nothing vague about the video. Anyone who cannot figure it out from that, probably should not be doing their own installations. Having the switches preinstalled is great; prewiring the teuck is awesome; providing access points to the wire ends is just icing on the cake.

Ford did this right; and the video provides way more information, than we did have.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who is thinking about quickly switching wires on their labelled swithes whenever they let someone drive it? Like air horns and leds?
I don't understand letting someone else drive it. That's like handing someone a briefcase, with $60k cash in it, and letting them walk around with it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Short of the long of it:

All switch wires terminate under the hood at the power distribution point. These 6 power leads are relayed and fused already and have specific ratings. (The power is not actually running through the switches in the cab

From that point, additional wires are prerun to various points in the Bronco (Grill, behind glove box). And then from the glove box additional wires are run further (top of the windshield, right rear quarter).

You connect the specific switch wire at the distribution point to the next wire that heads in whatever direction you want to power. Additional connection may/can be made at that next wire’s termination point to continue to the desired destination.

Or you just connect your own wires to whichever switched power circuit you want and run it yourself to wherever.

We already know that the switches/circuits are rated for various amps, so relays are not (necessarily) needed. But if you did want to exceed the switch’s amp rating, it would be easy to add the relay in the engine bay at the distribution point before you send the power along. (You would just have to be mindful of whatever gauge wire you use from that point forward.)

All trailing wires are rated for the highest amp switch, so you theoretically don’t have to worry about the connections down the line as long as you select the appropriate switch for the load.
I have no idea what any of this means but i can't wait to electrocute myself

Brick-Tamland1_large.jpg

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you plan to always leave the key in the
I don't understand letting someone else drive it. That's like handing someone a briefcase, with $60k cash in it, and letting them walk around with it.
What you arent married? :ROFLMAO:

For real though I'm always having people drive my stuff. You never know how cool your vehicle looks till you have someone drive it. Especially offroad or doing burnouts or whatever. Everytime my wife drives up the driveway in our Bronco I watch. I like to watch👽

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What you arent married? :ROFLMAO:

For real though I'm always having people drive my stuff. You never know how cool your vehicle looks till you have someone drive it. Especially offroad or doing burnouts or whatever. Everytime my wife drives up the driveway in our Bronco I watch. I like to watch👽
Yup. I'm married. She has her truck, and I have mine. I do drive her truck, but I doubt she will be driving my Bronco. As for letting others drive it, that ain't happening.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I posted this in another thread awhile ago. Another option to consider.

So I’m not getting the aux switch option because I want the overhead sunglass holder, and I don’t have an immediate need for switches. That said I do usually end up putting a switch or two in all my past vehicles.

Anyway, I stumbled upon a pretty cool aftermarket alternative. The Trigger 6-shooter and Trigger 4 Plus. More expensive than OEM option, but has a wireless remote switch panel, as well as smart phone control. Dimmable and momentary switch options as well. Probably too much for my needs, but pretty cool and seems easy to install.

Anybody tried these before?

Sponsored

Woodwalker

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So six switches and only 3 prewired options ( C,D and E) where are the wires for the other three switches. B1 and B2 have to be used to feed D and E

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So six switches and only 3 prewired options ( C,D and E) where are the wires for the other three switches. B1 and B2 have to be used to feed D and E
You have to run them all the way to the engine compartment. Huge oversight to only provide 2 pass through wires.

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lighting, especially strobe lights. Maybe a fridge. The possibilities are endless
I want thinking a hitch mounted disco ball light, or maybe some chandeleirs like the Duke of NY
Sponsored