Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks again, Ashley and pass along the thanks to the Stig.

Take note of the low alternator. Many were hoping that it would be relocated. It should be a concern for water fording.
Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A couple of things:

• The rear lower shock mounts stick down much lower than I was hoping. These are going to get beat to hell off road.
  • The reservoirs or whatever they are for the rear shocks are extremely exposed. May not matter in the desert but in places like the PNW where tree branches find their way into everything, that's got the potential to get damaged easily.
  • Can the CV style rear driveshaft take the abuse of being dragged across the rocks?
  • The front suspension mounting tabs look like they could easily be damaged too.

Sponsored

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Makes me wonder about the 33 inch fording depth rating.......

1610037159626.png
Alternators can be submerged. Its not ideal, but really its not ideal to submerge any part in muddy water.

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A couple of things:

• The rear lower shock mounts stick down much lower than I was hoping. These are going to get beat to hell off road.
  • The reservoirs or whatever they are for the rear shocks are extremely exposed. May not matter in the desert but in places like the PNW where tree branches find their way into everything, that's got the potential to get damaged easily.
  • Can the CV style rear driveshaft take the abuse of being dragged across the rocks?
  • The front suspension mounting tabs look like they could easily be damaged too.
Driveshaft and front suspension will be fine. But yeah those shock reservoirs are gonna need some armor. I'm sure the aftermarket will be on that quick.

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Driveshaft and front suspension will be fine. But yeah those shock reservoirs are gonna need some armor. I'm sure the aftermarket will be on that quick.
I'm not as mechanical as I'd like to be, but I kinda see what your speaking of now. .. say this is the BLs will those bush plates that are applied help amour things you talking about?! Or does it require additional?

Sponsored

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not mechanical at all? I kinda see what your speaking of now. .. say this is the BLs will those bish plates that are applied help amour things you talking about?! Or does it require additional?
I doubt ford is making shock armor. Usually factory skid plates protect the transmission, transfer case, front crossmember, and fuel tank. Someone will make guards that bolt to the axle and protect those shocks. Expect it to be in the $150-$250 range.

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for sharing....correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the BL HOSS suspension set-up?
Said had no disco not sure that completely answers your question!

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I doubt ford is making shock armor. Usually factory skid plates protect the transmission, transfer case, front crossmember, and fuel tank. Someone will make guards that bolt to the axle and protect those shocks. Expect it to be in the $150-$250 range.
Okay! Thank you! Sounds like time to start my research!!

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Normally I wouldn't be concerned but they are advertising the Bronco as ready-to-go so I expected some strengthening in exposed areas.

This is a rock that tipped up and caught my cross member on an otherwise unremarkable section of a trail. It made a mess of some pretty thick steel plate and tubing.

rockundercarriage.jpg
Sponsored