First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice to see the headlights called out. They are a huge disappointment and absolutely give you an unsafe feeling on a dark road.
Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just chiming in that the headlights do suck ass. High beams are...fine, but low beams are trash.
I have only driven mine in the neighborhood after dark, the low beams are disappointing on dark curves, there is no throw to the sides. The first lights Iā€™ll be adding are Diode Dynamics SAE fogs and will run them 100% of the time.

We already knew the head restraints were kind of garbage based on the inability to adjust forward and aft.

BUT the lights are super surprising and quite disappointing for me. My 2014 Forester and 2010 Tacoma have awful halogen headlights. I was very much looking forward to the LEDs brightly illuminating the road for me.

Guess those LED fogs are coming sooner than later.
The high beams seem fine to me, better than the LED units on my 2021 Silverado 1500 work truck. The low beams are ok right in front of the truck, but I canā€™t see at all going around a 90 degree corner, there is no scatter to the sides. The low beams on the Chevy are better.

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IHSS goes and buys their test vehicles off the lot to avoid manufacturers altering the test vehicles. Part of why it took so long.

https://www.iihs.org/ratings/about-our-tests
At 100k a pop that business is going to go. Broke real fast trying to do the bronco safety test. They still got to do the Sasquatch safety test let alone the two-door and Sasquatch on the two-door then we know the real test but by then this company is going to go bankrupt šŸ„²

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™d like to know how the Sasquatch package effects the ratings but I donā€™t guess weā€™ll ever know. Maybe the extra rubber ā€œhelps ā€œ.
I'd like a definitive answer from Ford on that. Maybe I'll post in instagram and take them up on their claim of getting assistance through it. My dealer is noncommittal. Surprise.

Sponsored

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does head restraint lower grade mean we should have a helmet and Hans devise for intense
off-road activity?
I'm not comfortable with standard seatbelt. Would install a 3 pt.
Overkill?

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

why in the world did they remove the headrests for the crash test? of course the driver's head and neck won't be protected without them...

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

proper name is adaptive headlights. they turn side to side to "bend" around corners.
Wow. Amazing that they're now required for best rating! That seems like a feature that could easily malfunction.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
why in the world did they remove the headrests for the crash test? of course the driver's head and neck won't be protected without them...
Unless there's another video, the driver's head doesn't go backwards at all. I think they know how to test cars.

Sponsored

MNalls

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™d like to know how the Sasquatch package effects the ratings but I donā€™t guess weā€™ll ever know. Maybe the extra rubber ā€œhelps ā€œ.
That was my first question too. How does removing the crash bars effect it?

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was my first question too. How does removing the crash bars effect it?
https://www.motortrend.com/news/for...s-major-safety-gap-between-body-variants/amp/

Front seat occupants are more likely to sustain leg injuries on vehicles without crash bars from the passenger compartment being pushed in by the wheels. I suppose it remains to be seen how big of a difference this makes with the Bronco, but they almost certainly wonā€™t fair better, and it clearly made a big difference in the F-150

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not bad. would love to see the other crashes.

the headlight rating is hugely weighted. if you don't have the turning style headlights, you'll fail that test.
to be fair, my '17 RS has cornering headlights and they're super nice to have -- I wish they were more common
Sponsored