Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello, I was playing with Forscan modules to see what's available, I found this one interesting.
Please do not approach my post as I WANT to go over governed 101 mph, I KNOW Broncos are not exactly designed to go fast (along with the tire speed ratings) and it is a peril for me and others.
Just wanted to approach this out of curiosity.
Under PCM module, there is a "Speed Limiting Features", it is set to 1 "Less Automatic Speed Limiter (ASL), Less Inteligent Speed Assistance (ISA)"
Other options are
0 Not Configured
2 With ASL, Less ISA
3 With ASL, With ISA

And just above that one, you can find "Speed limitation, km/h" and that one is set to 1

Anybody knows what are these module options for?
Thanks
You're gonna die!

😁
Sponsored

Fordtorino93

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I like the idea of doing it this way but have 2 questions:

1650392374998.png
So for the 2021 bronco you need to change both lines the hex number is the number that is currently listed in the BCM as built on forscan. So for 726-15-01 enter in the GPS hex setting the last 4 numbers of the hex number from forscan and the speeds from your test drive. For 726-15-02 do the same thing just enter in the first 4 digits of the hex line each entry will change your lines on the bottom only change the line for the corresponding
I like the idea of doing it this way but have 2 questions:

1650392374998.png
So you get the hex number from the BCM as built page on forscan, it would be which ever set of digits the calculator wants you to change on the line number. So I haven't done it yet on my bronco but from my understanding you would first enter in the digits from line 726-15-01 then from -02 on the calculator in the gps hex from the hex number in the corresponding lines from forscan along with speeds only change one line at a time and make sure to save the original copy I case it's wrong. I have only done this one 2019 f150 and that only uses one BCM line.

HereInOhio

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I posted this in another thread but this one may be more appropriate. If it doesn't get much traction here I will probably start a new one and update as I work through it.

Regarding programming the radio and speakers with FORScan

Maybe someone already knows this or it is so simple it goes without saying but I didn't see anything clearly explain what is actually being programed and what each option means for the speakers?

Specifically what speakers you are programming:

727-01-01 XX*X-XXXX-XX = Front Satellite Speakers / Speaker 1 Output
727-01-01 XXX*-XXXX-XX = Speaker 2 Output / Speaker 6 Center Output

Front Satellite Speakers -Dash speakers??
Speaker 1 Output - Would this be the front and Speaker 2 is the back -or- right and left?
Speaker 2 Output - (Above)
Speaker 6 Center Output - Sub or power bar?

After figuring out the locations it would seem simple enough to pick what you want if you knew what each option did. If you know what these options actually do please fill us in.

Front Satellite Speaker (FSS) Options:
Internal Amplifier - Guessing full power or range from the factory.
Reserved - Guessing limited power or limited range from the factory; maybe both?
Disabled - No sure why but this would make you believe you don't want any dash speakers.

Speaker 1 Output (Also Speaker 2 Output since it's the same) Options:
SO Non-Tweeter only
SO Tweeter Only
SO Speaker and Tweeter
SO No Speaker Connected

Based on just the options for the above and below it seems like the "No Speaker" is obvious, no power and completely restricted (off). This would make me believe the "Tweeter Only" would be restricted power and high Hz Eq range. Following the same thought process the "Non-Tweeter Only" would be full power but low Hz Eq range. The Speaker and Tweeter would be full power and full range. I have absolutely no clue if this is even remotely accurate and just guessing off process of elimination.

Speaker 6 Center Output Options:
SCO Non-Tweeter Only
SCO Tweeter Only
SCO Speaker and Tweeter
SCO No Speaker Connected

Above, I'm wondering what SCO is. I was thinking this is for the sub but why would the options have the tweeter as a selection unless this is just their way of saying what range (Hz) you want to allow.

It would be nice to let everyone know what they are actually controlling.

Thanks in advance for any input!

brnc_o_vrlndr

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4-dr non-Sasquatch 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I posted this in another thread but this one may be more appropriate. If it doesn't get much traction here I will probably start a new one and update as I work through it.

Regarding programming the radio and speakers with FORScan

Maybe someone already knows this or it is so simple it goes without saying but I didn't see anything clearly explain what is actually being programed and what each option means for the speakers?

Specifically what speakers you are programming:

727-01-01 XX*X-XXXX-XX = Front Satellite Speakers / Speaker 1 Output
727-01-01 XXX*-XXXX-XX = Speaker 2 Output / Speaker 6 Center Output

Front Satellite Speakers -Dash speakers??
Speaker 1 Output - Would this be the front and Speaker 2 is the back -or- right and left?
Speaker 2 Output - (Above)
Speaker 6 Center Output - Sub or power bar?

After figuring out the locations it would seem simple enough to pick what you want if you knew what each option did. If you know what these options actually do please fill us in.

Front Satellite Speaker (FSS) Options:
Internal Amplifier - Guessing full power or range from the factory.
Reserved - Guessing limited power or limited range from the factory; maybe both?
Disabled - No sure why but this would make you believe you don't want any dash speakers.

Speaker 1 Output (Also Speaker 2 Output since it's the same) Options:
SO Non-Tweeter only
SO Tweeter Only
SO Speaker and Tweeter
SO No Speaker Connected

Based on just the options for the above and below it seems like the "No Speaker" is obvious, no power and completely restricted (off). This would make me believe the "Tweeter Only" would be restricted power and high Hz Eq range. Following the same thought process the "Non-Tweeter Only" would be full power but low Hz Eq range. The Speaker and Tweeter would be full power and full range. I have absolutely no clue if this is even remotely accurate and just guessing off process of elimination.

Speaker 6 Center Output Options:
SCO Non-Tweeter Only
SCO Tweeter Only
SCO Speaker and Tweeter
SCO No Speaker Connected

Above, I'm wondering what SCO is. I was thinking this is for the sub but why would the options have the tweeter as a selection unless this is just their way of saying what range (Hz) you want to allow.

It would be nice to let everyone know what they are actually controlling.

Thanks in advance for any input!
Would speaker 6 be the center speaker found in the B&O system? I am also interested in knowing some more about the system in general. All I know is, I need to make some kind of change to the base system. Sounds horrible.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I apologize if this has been asked and I missed it. I have followed this thread since day 1. Has anyone heard whether or not one can disable the very loud blinker noise Ford vehicles are known for?

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Please Help!

I got several things to work:
Double Honk, Auto Stop, Added Sport, Panic Double Click...All no problem

Then I made the changes on the spreadsheet for Global Windows.. It didn't work .. I went back and loaded forscan again and checked the values.. everything matched.. I did the manual window reset, which didnt seem to do anything...

Now I can't open or close any windows with the remote. It does however show remote open/close toggle in settings on sync4 and they are on..

Any help greatly appreciated!
If I remember correctly, you need to change it in at least two modules. Perhaps 3. I’m not of much help without the full details - but, I found Global Window in more than one module and it didn’t work until I changed it in all of them.

Markcooper

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Bud Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
SUCCESS:

Double Honk
Door Chime
Key Chime
Baja Mode

FAILURE:

Auto Stop Start (PSCM)
Seat Belts (IPC)

Could be user error and I’ll have to give these a shot again once the MX+ adapter works again. I’ve reached out to support but in case anyone else is familiar with the MX+, the Bluetooth connection is paired and connected but the adapter won’t connect to the vehicle. I’ve tried two laptops and same thing. Will update with proper diagnosis and solution, hopefully.

MAC USERS:

The Crossover app works great, it’s the solution linked on the Forscan page, and it’s easy to install.
Did you know you can actually just disable the seat belt reminder by following a few steps unplugging and plugging the seatbelt in?

Note: The driver and front passenger warnings switch on and off independently. When you perform this procedure for one seating position, do not buckle the other position as this terminates the process.

Read Steps 1 - 4 before starting the procedure.

Make sure that:
  • You set the parking brake.
  • The transmission is in park (P).
  • The ignition is off.
  • You close all vehicle doors.
  • You unbuckle the driver and front passenger seatbelts.
  1. Switch the ignition on. Do not start the engine.
  2. Wait until the seatbelt warning lamp turns off (about one minute). After Step 2, wait an additional five seconds before proceeding with Step 3. Once you start Step 3, you must complete the procedure within 60 seconds.
  3. For the seating position you are switching off, buckle then unbuckle the seatbelt three times at a moderate speed, ending in the unbuckled state. After Step 3, the seatbelt warning lamp turns on.
  4. When the seatbelt warning lamp is on, buckle then unbuckle the seatbelt. After Step 4, the seatbelt warning lamp flashes for confirmation.
  • This switches the feature off if it is currently on.
  • This switches the feature on if it is currently off.

jhm66

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you know you can actually just disable the seat belt reminder by following a few steps unplugging and plugging the seatbelt in?

Note: The driver and front passenger warnings switch on and off independently. When you perform this procedure for one seating position, do not buckle the other position as this terminates the process.

Read Steps 1 - 4 before starting the procedure.

Make sure that:
  • You set the parking brake.
  • The transmission is in park (P).
  • The ignition is off.
  • You close all vehicle doors.
  • You unbuckle the driver and front passenger seatbelts.
  1. Switch the ignition on. Do not start the engine.
  2. Wait until the seatbelt warning lamp turns off (about one minute). After Step 2, wait an additional five seconds before proceeding with Step 3. Once you start Step 3, you must complete the procedure within 60 seconds.
  3. For the seating position you are switching off, buckle then unbuckle the seatbelt three times at a moderate speed, ending in the unbuckled state. After Step 3, the seatbelt warning lamp turns on.
  4. When the seatbelt warning lamp is on, buckle then unbuckle the seatbelt. After Step 4, the seatbelt warning lamp flashes for confirmation.
  • This switches the feature off if it is currently on.
  • This switches the feature on if it is currently off.
Worked like a charm! Thanks! My F-150 allowed you to turn off the chime in the on-screen settings but that's the only vehicle I've seen that provides an easy on/off.

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First off, thanks to the forum for all the knowledge and support! Even-though I only have a flip phone (by choice) I was able to get rid of all the annoying dings and chimes with the stuff I learned here. Just wondering, is there a way to make the center screen default to blank screen or calm screen after 5 seconds? I really just like driving the old fashion way and for me it becomes a distraction.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I have a 22 Badlands and the latest Forscan,as of today.

My first attempt was something simple: Global window close to match my global window open.

Backing up modules went smooth, as did making the changes to PDM, DDM, and APIM, but any "write all" commands to BdyCM fail at 96% (including restoring to backups), despite the changes being saved/written and global closing working. The error displayed is "invalid configuration".

Should I be worried? Everything else seems to work ok.

Edit: I should mention that the failure occurs when I hear a relay click and the dash shuts off then back on. Something is getting triggered during writing, but everything works ok.

I've since added Sport Mode via another module and didn't have this issue.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can forscan be used to change the 12v to always on (no timeout)? Thanks

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did anybody ever figure out how to make the front cameras stay on when you’re not in 4L?
Select BAJA Mode
Select 2H
Unselect Rear Locker (if enabled)
Drive

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Select BAJA Mode
Select 2H
Unselect Rear Locker (if enabled)
Drive
So yes that'll make the camera stay on, but I really think we should not encourage people to run Baja mode on pavement. Just my opinion.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So yes that'll make the camera stay on, but I really think we should not encourage people to run Baja mode on pavement. Just my opinion.
Outside of the obvious issues with drivability due to RPM holds and the gas consumption… why not?

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Outside of the obvious issues with drivability due to RPM holds and the gas consumption… why not?
Probably nothing. But having driven in that mode it drives completely ridiculous.
Sponsored