First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
As someone who works in marketing... I have a rant to go on.... please feel free to ignore

it’s sincerely unbelievable how bad these people are at their jobs. My team would have been let go and made an example of so, so long ago by any other client of this magnitude. There are hundreds of talented marketing firms that would be lined up for this type of gig.

This is FORD, a national car manufacturer, top of one of the most coveted industry verticals for marketers (automotive) with millions of dollars in ad spend every year, launching a performance-oriented marquee product with all new features that is highly competitive and specially targeted, and they just blow it week after week! It’s like they’re not even trying. The website, the published materials, the graphic design. the poorly edited videos, the blatantly incorrect information, all of it is terrible.

It’s not even like its just a case of bad or poorly designed materials and copy (which they certainly are for a variety of reasons) - but on top of that they are marketing false and incorrect information repeatedly while consumers are trying to take one of the largest purchase journeys of their life.

Okay one slip up or color change here or there, fine, it’s a new car. But they can’t even get the packages and features listed correctly a month after people have already started placing orders. Im telling you, it’s mind boggling! One of my most junior employees could have caught these mistakes with their eyes closed.

I mean someone is clearly getting paid to do absolutely nothing, and is producing these materials at the last minute without cross-referencing anything.

I’m honestly just in disbelief at this point. It’s embarrassing. Like how do they tweet the correct new color of a car, tweet a corrected rendered image of the new color, and then a week later produce new materials with the old color? Like how does this get approved?

It can only be chalked up to a complete lack of regard for the work. So many examples of this I just don’t even know what to say. They are botching what could have been one of the most iconic automotive launches in recent history. They’ve been planning this for like 16 years. It’s shameful. And they’ll play it off as ”secretive” or “it’s covid” - bullshit there are marketing teams executing quality work everywhere.

The only possible explanation is “red tape” Where they wait weeks for Ford to approve materials and by the time it’s gone all the way through Ford it’s too late to correct mistakes. Even if that’s the case, it’s a poor excuse for a top firm. Managing expectations and adhering to guidelines is the entire job.

as someone on the other end of the deal in the consumer position, wanting to spend $50k on a 1st year model, I am bewildered by how difficult and frustrating this experience has been.

if it wasn’t for this forum and the dedicated people here, I am positive I would end up being unhappy with my purchase due to incomplete or false information. I can only imagine how many people are having (or will have when the vehicle they did not want is delivered) a poor experience that are not on this website.

End rant:

Last edited:

Sponsored

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who works in marketing... I have a rant to go on.... please feel free to ignore

it’s sincerely unbelievable how bad these people are at their jobs. My team would have been let go and made an example of so, so long ago by any other client of this magnitude. There are hundreds of talented marketing firms that would be lined up for this type of gig.

This is FORD, a national car manufacturer, top of one of the most coveted industry verticals for marketers (automotive) with millions of dollars in ad spend every year, launching a performance-oriented marquee product with all new features that is highly competitive and specially targeted, and they just blow it week after week! It’s like they’re not even trying. The website, the published materials, the graphic design. the poorly edited videos, the blatantly incorrect information, all of it is terrible.

It’s not even like its just a case of bad or poorly designed materials and copy (which they certainly are for a variety of reasons) - but on top of that they are marketing false and incorrect information repeatedly while consumers are trying to take one of the largest purchase journeys of their life.

Okay one slip up or color change here or there, fine, it’s a new car. But they can’t even get the packages and features listed correctly a month after people have already started placing orders. Im telling you, it’s mind boggling! One of my most junior employees could have caught these mistakes with their eyes closed.

I mean someone is clearly getting paid to do absolutely nothing, and is producing these materials at the last minute without cross-referencing anything.

I’m honestly just in disbelief at this point. It’s embarrassing. Like how do they tweet the correct new color of a car, tweet a corrected rendered image of the new color, and then a week later produce new materials with the old color? Like how does this get approved?

It can only be chalked up to a complete lack of regard for the work. So many examples of this I just don’t even know what to say. They are botching what could have been one of the most iconic automotive launches in recent history. They’ve been planning this for like 16 years. It’s shameful. And they’ll play it off as ”secretive” or “it’s covid” - bullshit there are marketing teams executing quality work everywhere.

The only possible explanation is “red tape” Where they wait weeks for Ford to approve materials and by the time it’s gone all the way through Ford it’s too late to correct mistakes. Even if that’s the case, it’s a poor excuse for a top firm. Managing expectations and adhering to guidelines is the entire job.

as someone on the other end of the deal in the consumer position, wanting to spend $50k on a 1st year model, I am bewildered by how difficult and frustrating this experience has been.

if it wasn’t for this forum and the dedicated people here, I am positive I would end up being unhappy with my purchase due to incomplete or false information. I can only imagine how many people are having (or will have when the vehicle they did not want is delivered) a poor experience that are not on this website.

End rant:
I'm with you that there should be marketing folks fired over this and other significant, recurring blunders. I'm a forgiving person but at some point, you have to say enough is enough and let people go.

On another note, I didn't known until I read this packaging guide that the MIC top color is referred to as Carbonized Gray. I didn't make it to KOH but I've seen posts noting that the MIC tops are getting darker in color. Was there a MIC top at KOH with a Carbonized Gray body that looked like the colors were a match on the body and MIC top?

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everybody seen Ford vs Ferrari when that little red folder passed through three sets of hands within 20ft of Henry Ford II before he got it let alone all the hands it passed through before it got to his floor? How many email inboxes did this pass through before it got published?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To everyone just now learning about the WiFi hotspot:

I’m legit excited for you to learn about all the other really cool things you haven’t noticed yet!

Y’all need to do what I did and print out a copy of all the Ford documents and lock yourself in the bathroom for a couple days!
That's a lot of chili.

Her Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Germ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Couple of questions here!!
Does anyone have any pics of the keyless entry setup?

Are we going to be able to purchase different color beauty rings for the beadlock capable wheels? For example to make non wildtrak sasquatch rims look like Wildtrak rims and to blackout optional Badlands 33 inch rims...lol

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
it’s sincerely unbelievable how bad these people are at their jobs.
To put it in perspective...Ford invented the industry, and today they're an also-ran on its margins.

Its as if you went into a deep coma...woke up decades later...and learned Amazon.com had fallen to #63 in internet sales volume.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couple of questions here!!
Does anyone have any pics of the keyless entry setup?

Are we going to be able to purchase different color beauty rings for the beadlock capable wheels? For example to make non wildtrak sasquatch rims look like Wildtrak rims and to blackout optional Badlands 33 inch rims...lol
What do you mean pics of the keyless entry? You walk up to the vehicle with the key in your pro key and the door you’re near unlocks. Do you mean like, pics of a Bronco?

Yes to the beauty rings. You’ll be able to purchase any of the colors over the parts counter and there are additional colors listed in the accessory list.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do you mean pics of the keyless entry? You walk up to the vehicle with the key in your pro key and the door you’re near unlocks. Do you mean like, pics of a Bronco?

Yes to the beauty rings. You’ll be able to purchase any of the colors over the parts counter and there are additional colors listed in the accessory list.
We’ve gotten so lazy in this country that we can’t even push the unlock button on the key fob anymore.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait till you see the monthly internet plan costs.
Ford has had this for a few years. I believe you have to pay for it through AT&T.

I know we have to activate the modem to use Ford pass features, and to update sync4and maps over-the-air. Do you guys know if the Hotspot is ON TOP of that activation, or part of that package ?

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We’ve gotten so lazy in this country that we can’t even push the unlock button on the key fob anymore.
So I was on the same thought as you until I read the Keyless entry thread last night and came to understand the use case for it. If you use your vehicle to go to the beach and want to go surfing without leaving all your stuff, including your keys, out in the open then a keyless entry is great. Goes the same for kayaking, rock climbing, any activity that your keys may be lost. Leave the keys in the truck and come back from the fun without worrying about not being able to get home.
Sponsored