Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

screenshot_20201026-072442_chrome-jpg.jpg

bronco-bumpers-jpg.jpg

That was back in Oct(2020)

Like i Said before someone needs to get this info from Metro Detroit area on Saturday .
Ok - this is helpful.

Does anyone see where the end caps come off? (I sure don’t.)

I still like how the modular HD looks better: not as big top to bottom.
Sponsored

alivecchi003

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you search on YouTube, there's a video uploaded by BN titled,
"2021 Ford Bronco Testing | Moab, Utah".
At least one of the Broncos has the capable bumper, and it seems to be handling quite well on that terrain. That said, it still has the end caps. I'm thinking those actually don't come off and that feature was just a copy/paste misprint. As far as the better front bash plate, it seems to have it. The Riptide concept also has it installed, so I don't think there's any issue with the capable bumper being compatible with it.

Having the integrated fog lights is a nice plus. Will be easy to upgrade those and leverage the factory wiring/programming/button.

I also like the design. Notice how the bumper dips down in the middle section along the top edge. It seems to mirror a similar design feature in the bottom of the grill, only it's wider here.

It's likely that the capable bumper is the one intended to go with models like Badlands but had to be substituted with the modular bumper for 2021 due to some constraint. If you watch the original Ford reveal video, both full-size Broncos are equipped with the capable bumper. It also seems to match the rear steel bumper in overall design.

I do like that those plastic-looking extensions continue the overall shape and curve of the fender flares down into the bumper. You can see it in more detail in the following higher-resolution images of the Riptide concept from Ford's media site: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...le/jcr:content/rightRailPar/relatedmedia.html

I was so used to seeing the modular bumper in all the recent media that I was a little bummed out when I heard the news that the capable bumper is now the standard Badlands bumper. However, after taking a deeper dive into all of the above, I think this will bumper may work out quite well for me, at least until the aftermarket releases a solution with a winch that works with the camera, intercooler, and ACC radar.

[Edit: In the original Ford reveal video, a Cyber Orange 2-door appears with both the capable and modular bumpers, depending on the shot.]
I agree a lot on the side view aesthetic with the capable bumper and the rear bumper. It looks like they’re supposed to go together.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm actually not even mad about this. I think the Capable bumper is better looking than the modular plus adds factory fog lights.

I think most aftermarket bumpers look gawdawful, even if they are a bit more sturdy, so I wasn't likely to go that route.
I concur with you..I feel like it is a win

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like the Piece in the back comes off for more tire clearance?
I wonder if it has the front crash bars.
The mod bumper came apart and the font crash bars could be removed for tire clearance. Posts show 285/75r16, 32.7" tires as clearing everything on the standard Base Hoss suspension with stock 16x7with 55 mm offset rims.
I have already received my 17x9 25mm offset rims I plan on putting 285/70R17, 32.8" on.
Even though it cleared the front and rear crash bars I was planning on removing them.
I could see snow and mud building up on them.
I really like that bumper.

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Vin/Soft Top? If not you will have to reorder which you will get a capable bumper if you do not change it to the modular bumper no one is sure if there going to be upcharge for that bumper.
I would spend the extra $170 bucks in a heartbeat just for the fog lights.
I can now use my aux. switch front outlet for an off road light bar.
I was planning on installing road legal fog lights using one aux. switch and than splicing the rear outlet wires for the off road lights and use an additional aux. switch.

Sponsored

94Bravo

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2014 Lexus IS350, 2008 Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would spend the extra $170 bucks in a heartbeat just for the fog lights.
I can now use my aux. switch front outlet for an off road light bar.
I was planning on installing road legal fog lights using one aux. switch and than splicing the rear outlet wires for the off road lights and use an additional aux. switch.
You should have the wiring for the fog lights with either bumper. That's how I read the wiring diagram. Then you can get some nice lights that actually light up something.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I guess that solidifies that I am getting an aftermarket bumper.

UpNover

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I’m missing where the end caps separate at ( removable end caps ) , I like the fog light option, the new tow points look great however, I flat tow and use the D-Ring / shackle mounts to connect my tow bar. So mixed feelings.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same! I better not be paying more for the thing that was standard in 21.
Sneaky a$$holes over at Ford. They guarantee that they won't raise the MSRP, so they simply downgrade the standard features. :mad:

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You should have the wiring for the fog lights with either bumper. That's how I read the wiring diagram. Then you can get some nice lights that actually light up something.
Do you know if the OEM dash light switch has the fog light switch incorporated in it?

94Bravo

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2014 Lexus IS350, 2008 Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you know if the OEM dash light switch has the fog light switch incorporated in it?
I am not sure but that Should not be to expensive. It would be nice if it's plug and play. I will see if I can find that out.

Last edited:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you get the mod bumper I don’t believe you will get a fog light switch since it doesn’t come with fogs.

This would be a lot easier if Ford just made the mod bumper also have built in fogs lol

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same! I better not be paying more for the thing that was standard in 21.
I agree. If not....so much for "price protection".
Sponsored