Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The modular bumper was required for the full steel bash plates. Does that mean we lose those as well?
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
is it me or does this capable bumper look plastic af in the images provided? also i dont think you can remove the end caps on it as some had mentioned if the image is correct. i dont mind the look, in fact i am up in the air now to add it to my build in place of the mod bumper since it already has the fog lights. just doesnt look like steel to me.
Best to see it in person than to pass judgement on pics viewed on a $99.95 monitor, or worse a cell phone.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When are we going to get the meaningful announcements for 2022? Like:
- Carpet on the rear seat back of the BD and BL models is replaced with plastic?
- The front camera is being relocated so a winch can be added to high trim?
- The rear seat on all 4 door interior trims will have a fold down arm rest?
Order banks open the 13th of next month. Build guide is usually released shortly after.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Capable bumper is still steel. Thickness however I'm not sure about. Oddly it mentions the skid plate under the bumper for the Modular bumper but not for the capable bumper. Wonder if the capable option doesn't include the skid plate.
  • Material: powder-coated steel
  • Features: modularity, fog lights, recovery points, supports the brush guard, factory winch, and front steel bash plates
  • Featured on Bronco Riptide Concept.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When are they going to make a capable bumper that is capable of allowing the installaion of a winch without interfering with the camera and the ACC?

Sponsored

TJ1007

Wildtrak
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll trade you, as I want the capable and based on how this is written, it's unclear if I can opt for it on my BB order.
I’m sure you can for a price

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m sure you can for a price
If the last year and change have taught me anything, it's don't assume the Bronco team is thinking logically when it comes to content availability across trim levels.

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would I want a jeep knock off bumper on my Badlands?
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco gets "Capable Bumper" option. Comes standard on Black Diamond and Badlands 20210818_173605
No thanks Ford, not pleased

Last edited:

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Features: modularity, fog lights, recovery points, supports the brush guard, factory winch, and front steel bash plates
  • Featured on Bronco Riptide Concept.
I read it on the BN and they removed this: supports the brush guard, factory winch, and front steel bash plates

Capable Bumper

Updated 8-20

The Capable bumper (above) will be standard on Black Diamond and Badlands, replacing the current Heavy-Duty Modular default.

• Features: fog lights, recovery points

Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper
The Heavy-Duty Modular bumper (above) is currently standard on Black Diamond, Badlands, and First Edition. It will be optional on every trim in 2022.

• Material: Steel
  • Features: modularity, recovery points, supports the brush guard, factory winch, and front steel bash plates

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read it on the BN and they removed this: supports the brush guard, factory winch, and front steel bash plates

Capable Bumper

Updated 8-20

The Capable bumper (above) will be standard on Black Diamond and Badlands, replacing the current Heavy-Duty Modular default.

• Features: fog lights, recovery points

Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper
The Heavy-Duty Modular bumper (above) is currently standard on Black Diamond, Badlands, and First Edition. It will be optional on every trim in 2022.

• Material: Steel
  • Features: modularity, recovery points, supports the brush guard, factory winch, and front steel bash plates
Oh snap! There’s the rub then peeps. That edit, while disappointing, makes way more sense

Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh snap! There’s the rub then peeps. That edit, while disappointing, makes way more sense
Not sure about plates, as I see it on photos with the capable bumper. I don't think they will remove it from Badlands, but let's see.

AZ79

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look at the pics and tell me how the end caps come off?! Where are the seams for end removal and the accessory bolts for this and for mounting additional lights/ accessories?
glare-cant-see (1).gif
💯 agreed. No modularity or threaded holes based on photos and not sure how winch or brush guard are attached. Either the pics are a prototype and not final product or they are making those claims because it is steel and you can drill and cut it up yourself. I do like fog lights and freeing up an aux switch. Or they had a “typo” in their marketing and misrepresented about 1/2 of the features they originally claimed. Must have been a summer intern publishing info.
Sponsored

Last edited: