Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed. And I plan to put on the Ford premium winch mount and Warn winch. I am not sure it will attach to the other capable bumper. More $$$ out the pocket. So much for "price protection". I doubt changing features is protected within the pricing but clarification would be nice.
My recollection of the price protection message was that we would pay the same for a "comparable" build. If I order EXACTLY the same build for my MY22 order as I did for my Code 19 MY21 build which Ford (not me) has pushed to MY22, I would expect the price to be the same. My MY21 order included the modular number. So If I order a MY22 with a now optional modular bumper I expect my price to be the same as my MY21 order.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My recollection of the price protection message was that we would pay the same for a "comparable" build. If I order EXACTLY the same build for my MY22 order as I did for my Code 19 MY21 build which Ford (not me) has pushed to MY22, I would expect the price to be the same. My MY21 order included the modular number. So If I order a MY22 with a now optional modular bumper I expect my price to be the same as my MY21 order.
No argument from me on that score, but do you really think Ford won't renege and claim the standard equipment changes are comparable?

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No argument from me on that score, but do you really think Ford won't renege and claim the standard equipment changes are comparable?
Probably to much to ask for, but I would expect an exact equipment spec match to be more "comparable" than a different, but now standard, spec.

(Even though I wrote that, it's hard to wrap my mind around what Ford just made me say. :rolleyes: )

Sponsored

RSalami

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will say people don't know how big a difference weight makes on a Jeep, bronco, Truck. Steel adds alotta weight. 100 lb here and there

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Quite possibly some good news for those two trims. Now they come standard with fog lights. You're welcome!!🤣😂🤣😂

Via Bronco Nation

FORD BRONCO CAPABLE BUMPER JOINS OPTIONS FOR 2022

August 19, 2021

For 2022, Ford is adding the Capable bumper to the Bronco lineup. Depending on trim, available choices for bumpers are now Standard, Capable, and Heavy-Duty Modular.

Capable Bumper

The Capable bumper (above) will be standard on Black Diamond and Badlands, replacing the current Heavy-Duty Modular default.
  • Material: powder-coated steel
  • Features: modularity, fog lights, recovery points, supports the brush guard, factory winch, and front steel bash plates
  • Featured on Bronco Riptide Concept.

Capable-large.jpg

bronco_riptide-concept_07-jpg.jpg

OTHER BUMPERS

Standard Bumper

The Standard bumper is default for Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, and Wildtrak.
  • Material: plastic
  • Features: fog lights, recovery points

2022 Ford Bronco Capable Bumper.jpg

Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper

The Heavy-Duty Modular bumper (above) is currently standard on Black Diamond, Badlands, and First Edition. It will be optional on every trim in 2022.

• Material: Steel
  • Features: modularity, recovery points, supports the brush guard, factory winch, and front steel bash plates

Heavy-Duty-Modular-large.jpg
so many people are angry because the capable bumper replaced modular bumper... did they know the capable is a more expensive option? and heads explode....

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I expect the same.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would agree with you 100%....but what does FORD plan to do and are they communicating that to our Dealers? We will likely need to do a re-order for the model 22 year in October. I guess we shall see and/or pay more. I hope not....it is no fault of ours we did not get a 2021.

Musclecarconvrt

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Bronco, 1969 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dear Ford, you are loosing customers with this kind of crap. Keep the heavy duty modular standard like we all ordered and make the capable an option.

Sponsored

portland_lol

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not going freak out. Not sure why Ford is changing the BD bumper when the BD is supposed to be the first of the trim levels for a heavy duty off road rig. But after seeing the factory HD modular bumper and bash plate in person, it's pretty wimpy stuff IMO. There was a post a few weeks ago of how one member's Bronco was damaged in shipment, where whatever hit the bumper and bash plate showed those components didn't really offer much protection. I plan on upgrades of both in the aftermarket after seeing the factory parts.

Good news is by the time our Broncos arrive, there should be a good selection of real HD aftermarket choices.
wow.

seems like just another vote for the base., and upgrade at a slightly higher expense

cheap, thin, disposable metal has invaded everything . take lawnmowers for example. it's hard to find a $300 solid unit that will last. most of it is plastic with cheap, thin metal nowadays. lawnmowers are made like chit now unless you spend quite a bit of money

i was just saying to myself just because the bumper is metal is it really going to much better than the aluminum/plastic one which has it's pluses? yeah, sure in some aspects, but for light off roading it might not be that bad at all.

i would think that the alum/plastic is obv not going to be band aid constructed like a honda civic and pull off with a little brush. also, the positives are better gas mileage and handling with a lighter vehicle

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that the BD and BL come standard with fog lights I assume the wiring can be used for aftermarket fogs and will no longer take up an aux. I definitely dont like the look of this bumper and will be sticking with the mod and popping in the baja designs fog lights.

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll shoot them a DM and post back what they say
Did they get back to you? Looks like no one went to the show 😞 This mystery about the ends caps is starting to feel like ford lied to everyone back in oct(2020)😶 It's Nice there give us a more expensive bumper but was that a lie to:whistle: All this shit wait in tell September starting to piss me off🙄 we are one week away from that all we know is GREEN and this capable bumper/missing color but can't find evidence about that😑

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did they get back to you? Looks like no one went to the show 😞 This mystery about the ends caps is starting to feel like ford lied to everyone back in oct(2020)😶 It's Nice there give us a more expensive bumper but was that a lie to:whistle: All this shit wait in tell September starting to piss me off🙄 we are one week away from that all we know is GREEN and this capable bumper/missing color but can't find evidence about that😑
Nope no response from them 😔

Automator59

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, F250 (7.3l), '23 Integra, RDX, Saab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because I am putting a winch on and have the Lux package, I was going to have to replace the bumper anyway. Perhaps, the Capable bumper will have a winch mount that doesn't block the camera, a win for me, or at least no change. I really like the fog lights already there so I can use the OEM controls to activate and don't have to add aftermarket. I don't have significant rock crawling around, so I don't think I need to remove the end caps unless there is some other reason
Sponsored