First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The problem is it screws over people like me who were waiting to upgrade their orders after the 2022 banks opened.

Is dealer invoice pricing also increasing as well? This might actually save folks that did Granger/SAC deals such as myself if invoice remains the same.
I've been texting my dealer the last couple of months changing things. I don't get price protection anyways. Only took a minute to shoot a text over, then if there's something I want only available on '22 then I will change that as well. Can't really see blaming Ford here.
Sponsored

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out of curiosity, why did you want a WT to begin with? I don't understand people who go WT over BL. A BL can be spec'd with every option a WT has but not vice versa. Even ford is downgrading people who didn't convert FEs to BL. I do wish BL had body colored door handles though.
I've gone back and forth between the two a million times but ultimately went with a Wildtrak. I live in TN and won't be rock-crawling at all. Options that I want 100% are the 2.7, Sasquatch, and the MIC top. So it all comes down to sway bar disconnect versus sport mode. In the end, Wildtrak comes out cheaper than a squatched BL and has everything I want on it.

Last edited:

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn't appear that way. The credit looks like it only applies to the price difference of the trims.
If someone keeps their exact build and still experiences a MSRP increase because of options/packages, that would seem to contradict what Ford said in March. Also kinda makes a joke out of the price protection. Not going to rake Ford over the coals for this until it's confirmed though. There's enough stuff to criticize that we know for certain.

• Offering price protection to all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021). This will ensure you will not see an increase in the MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2022 model year Bronco.
Then again, Ford said this in their last email to me in August, and none of these things happened either.

More details on 2022 ordering will be sent out in September. Your dealer will reach out at that time to place your order and see how they might be able to help with any vehicle needs, making the wait for your Bronco a little more bearable.
Delays and problems are inevitable but bad communication is not.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been texting my dealer the last couple of months changing things. I don't get price protection anyways. Only took a minute to shoot a text over, then if there's something I want only available on '22 then I will change that as well. Can't really see blaming Ford here.
because it's pointless to change anything on a 2021 order when everything has to be reordered again is my point. Many of us were 99ed knowing we would reorder and make changes. It's dumb to change things on an order you know isn't coming and will be erased and have to start over again anyways.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also implies that reservations prior to March can / could / will get pushed out another full year to ‘23!!!!
How on earth does it imply that? This matches the same thing they said all year long. You had to have a reservation or order in by March 19 for price protection.

Here’s a snippet of an email from June when they extended price protection to MY23…

“Price Protection Extension thru 2023 model year - We'll continue to offer price protection to all Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021) to ensure you will not see an increase in MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2023 model year Bronco.”

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey guys, just got some additional info! Just to clarify there are no price changes for options and packages so price protection won’t be needed. Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware!

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys, just got some additional info! Just to clarify there is no price changes for options and packages so price protection won’t be needed. Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware!
That's the best news I've gotten all day. Thank you!

8DaysDazed

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A voucher from a third party? Well that just screws me. I didn’t even find out about the Bronco until April (busy getting sober and out of touch with everything) and placed my order within days when I did. I had to argue with my dealer to get price protection because the salesman quit and left me hanging. They agreed since I was only one month late.
I doubt my order sheet with circled “this is the price you will pay” holds up now. Thanks a lot Ford!
congrats on your sobriety.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
because it's pointless to change anything on a 2021 order when everything has to be reordered again is my point. Many of us were 99ed knowing we would reorder and make changes. It's dumb to change things on an order you know isn't coming and will be erased and have to start over again anyways.
I get that, but Ford kep saying in every communication and FAQ "Ford will honor 2021 MY MSRP pricing for a similarly equipped vehicle for all customers who had a reservation or order as of March 19, 2021. The final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with your selected dealer."

That seemed to make most people get it set with what they wanted on that MY21 order...and there was a lot of speculation on here that if you changed trims, you wouldn't have protection at all. That's the way I would have read it. Here, at least you can change trims and still get a discount, based on what you had ordered, so better than what was actually written by them a bunch of times.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys, just got some additional info! Just to clarify there are no price changes for options and packages so price protection won’t be needed. Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware!
Arguably bigger news than the price protection itself.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That seemed to make most people get it set with what they wanted on that MY21 order...and there was a lot of speculation on here that if you changed trims, you wouldn't have protection at all. That's the way I would have read it.
The way I look at it, Ford had more than six months to clarify the issue so that speculation was not necessary. There were people (including Zach@Granger) speculating differently, too.

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Arguably bigger news than the price protection itself.
Agreed. I was worried between Lux/Leather seats/Sas on my Badlands I'd be up at least an additional $2000. So all in all this information drop today seems very reasonable and like (mostly) good news.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So we get a price protection certificate ONLY for the bare-bones model, but they can increase the price of each feature we add. That sucks.
Talked directly with Ford. Option packages are priced locked UNLESS the package is dropped or altered. Then the new price for the new option or new package is applied. Example. If they added a set of heat seeking missiles to the lux package, and it increased the lux another $399, ( what a bargain)then you will pay for the NEW lux package since you are getting a part of the package that did not previously exist. Order an option that did not previously exist, then you will pay for that option. They acknowledged ordering is shut down and the 13 th will be when it reopens. They also stated at that time dealers can be changed.
Sponsored