Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So my 2022 showed up today at the dealer. We started the paperwork process and they are unaware of how the price protection works. Said there are no certificates to be used. (Supposed to be $975 for the BD 2 door). I know I’m a early delivery of 2022. Does anyone have any idea how the protection is supposed to work? Back story I’m a first day reservation holder, ordered in March of 21 and converted to 22 in October. Dealer claims I may get a check back from Ford but I’d hate to go through with sale and leave $975 on the table. Called bronco hotline and their answer is I should have agreed to a price with dealer first. The Ford site states it should be a certificate.
I was told it was applied like a rebate
Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
WSMITH24

WSMITH24

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was told the same thing.
I think the issue should go away. I think it was an issue from ford populating Vincent, 2022 broncos hit the dealerships before the price protection was populated in the Vincent system.
It is a rebate to be applied at purchase.

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The price protection is applied as a rebate per my purchase agreement with the dealer. The issue with this is, rebates are subtracted from the total purchase price AFTER sales tax is calculated. In my opinion, the price protection amount should be subtracted from the base price of the vehicle (PRIOR to sales tax being calculated).

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I completed purchased of my Bronco today. They had no issue with my price protection rebate. I ended up getting $695 rebate, on a 2 door Big Bend because I originally ordered a 4 door Wildtrack. Pretty thrilled with how Ford handled this aspect. Feels like a discount off sticker to me. This dealer also mentioned they are telling people who order off the street that it might be late 2022, or early 2023 until they see a bronco , depending on options and model.

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I completed purchased of my Bronco today. They had no issue with my price protection rebate. I ended up getting $695 rebate, on a 2 door Big Bend because I originally ordered a 4 door Wildtrack. Pretty thrilled with how Ford handled this aspect. Feels like a discount off sticker to me. This dealer also mentioned they are telling people who order off the street that it might be late 2022, or early 2023 until they see a bronco , depending on options and model.
Did you also get the $1000 in free maintenance/parts?

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you also get the $1000 in free maintenance/parts?
I wish lol. First oil change free. After that I’m on my own. Was glad to get outta there, in my eyes, under MSRP.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got off the phone with my saleslady, she looked in the "computer" and told me the $975 was there waiting for me.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The price protection is applied as a rebate per my purchase agreement with the dealer. The issue with this is, rebates are subtracted from the total purchase price AFTER sales tax is calculated. In my opinion, the price protection amount should be subtracted from the base price of the vehicle (PRIOR to sales tax being calculated).
It’s because of state sales tax. The state wants their full taxable amount. If the dealer subtracted the rebate before the tax they would have to pay the state the difference. Rebates do not ever reduce your tax liability ever. Hope that helps.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s because of state sales tax. The state wants their full taxable amount. If the dealer subtracted the rebate before the tax they would have to pay the state the difference. Rebates do not ever reduce your tax liability ever. Hope that helps.
Reminds me of buying a cell phone. You can get a $1,000 cell phone for free with a new subscription, but they'll charge your sales tax on the $1,000... (Insert thoughts here while maintaining political rules for the forum :mad: )

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a hypothetical regarding the price protection voucher. If we have a qualifying MY'21 reservation/order resubmitted for MY'22, the voucher is attached to our account. Now, that voucher is only good towards a MY'22 Bronco purchase. But can that voucher be used towards any MY'22 Bronco purchase? Or can it only be applied to the original order.

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep, I am aware of how taxes are applied. To clarify my original post, this Price Protection Certificate should not be applied as a rebate. The “certificate amount” should be subtracted from the base price of the vehicle (prior to tax being calculated). As you mentioned, since it’s applied as a rebate, tax is paid on the increased 2022 base price+any options etc (prior to the certificate amount being subtracted). Therefore, even with “price protection”, you pay more for a 2022 Bronco than you would have for a 2021 Bronco.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is not always true. In MA, rebates at the time of sale reduces the tax, after the sale it does not.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is not always true. In MA, rebates at the time of sale reduces the tax, after the sale it does not.
True - each state has its own tax laws. I was specifically referring to the OPs case.
Sponsored