Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is so insane is this is no longer new; people have thought their reservation was getting them a new automobile for over a year.

Either have a reservation system or don't. This in-between bullshit is what everyone is upset about.
Sponsored

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think it means, hold on.. you want a 2023, you will get and even better price protection, if it has went up 800 this year, it will do the same next for a total of 1600"possibly" for the ones who have to wait for 2023 to get the painted tops... so in 2023 you. An get a Bronco at July 13th 2020 prices... what's wrong with that???😊
Nothing at all IF you were planning on Summer 2023. Not sure just how many B6G members were in that catagory.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Why would they have told us before 10/01? People would switch their orders to the combination with the largest certificate amount. They should give you the value difference of whatever you were going to order for 2021.
But how would people know the largest certificate amount before 2022 pricing was announced ?

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Because they owed it to those who have been patiently waiting all this time. Many people didn't bother making changes because they believed they would have to "re-order" for a 22MY anyway. Like @Compta38 said - He had a BD on order but was planning on going BL for 22. Now he's assed out on price protection.
I don’t think he is. He’s just getting price protection on the model he ordered

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My guess is most if not all people who get pushed all the way to '23 are people holding out for painted tops.
That’s where I am at - but, I don’t have it on my order - because once they nixed dual - I stuck with MIC. Wonder how that works.

Sponsored

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nothing at all IF you were planning on Summer 2023. Not sure just how many B6G members were in that catagory.
Well if ya didn't get a reservation on or before 3/19/21 , then yes no price protection. But that doesn't matter to anyone who was not gonna get one before 2023. That is just a little extra for holding on during this fiasco. I said it when they announced it. It was a good deal. Based upon F150 go up between 900-1200 a year.

sergk

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sarcasm mode on: Is the "price protection" for customers or dealers?

JBHillCountry

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Land Cruiser, 2022 F250, 2022 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The problem is it screws over people like me who were waiting to upgrade their orders after the 2022 banks opened.

Is dealer invoice pricing also increasing as well? This might actually save folks that did Granger/SAC deals such as myself if invoice remains the same.
Of course the invoice pricing will go up. You think Ford will only want the increase in MSRP to benefit the dealer?

john houseman

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2000 F-250, 1969 Cougar Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 2 Dr BL on order
2021 B&P shows LUX pkg at $5,085, while the new 2022 Order guide is showing LUX pkg at $3,500 or so. It looked to me like MID Pkg was standard for 2022, which would mean $1,400 or so for MID and reduced cost for standard "Capable" bumper. Price may actually be lower on this model with $800 rebate for "price protection".
I could be wrong, hate flipping back and forth checking prices.

Edit: Or more likely, it's a typo and pricing will be very similar.

Last edited:

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Lux package increase $1400...thanks for the price protection @Ford Motor Company - Completely useless, the only thing you "protected" with that $695 was the fact that the MIC top is no longer standard. What a joke. Goes in line with the 20% limit to sell to non reservation holders to now 40% limit before penalty and the ADMs and everything else. But yeah - we'll "hang in there". :mad:

Sponsored

intothegnar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volkswagen GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always figured Price protection was for what you had already on order. If you want to go up in trim you would pay the difference up to the then 2022 trim cost. If I want to add Sasquatch to my manual I am going to pay whatever the upgrade price to Sasquatch is for 2022. Did people thing they were going to be able to make whatever changes they wanted and expect to get 2021 pricing?
I have explicitly asked about this and got told that trim change would not cause a price hike by the dealer. Like many others, I was planning on switching to a higher trim at order time. This saga keeps giving.

gammaguybronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
so basically if I want to swap my 2021 BD order to a Badlands in 2022 I'm fucked? nice...this bullshit gets better and better.
I was in the same boat. I was waiting on manual with Sasquatch pricing to come out to determine which trim I would settle on. How are you suppose to pick a trim if pricing wasn’t even released with my’21? We were told this wasn’t a big deal when we placed reservations as it could be switched easily when placing orders with the dealer. If that’s the case why does it matter what trim you picked when placing your reservation. It should have really only been a big deal for the first edition folks.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was in the same boat. I was waiting on manual with Sasquatch pricing to come out to determine which trim I would settle on. How are you suppose to pick a trim if pricing wasn’t even released with my’21? We were told this wasn’t a big deal when we placed reservations as it could be switched easily when placing orders with the dealer. If that’s the case why does it matter what trim you picked when placing your reservation. It should have really only been a big deal for the first edition folks.
It appears my freakout was unwarranted as I had BD ordered and am going to Badlands. They share the same $825 voucher so it's a wash.

gammaguybronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It appears my freakout was unwarranted as I had BD ordered and am going to Badlands. They share the same $825 voucher so it's a wash.
It looks like I’ll have to wait until ‘23 regardless based on my dealers allocation. Maybe they’ll have a 2.7 manual option by then.