Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Glad to hear from someone that gets it. I drove Jeeps for years. Mostly back in the CJ days, but there is still no comparison between the modern wrangler and the Bronco and that’s from someone with limited seat time in the new Bronco.

It’s only a 2 door and MT for me as well.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol every time I get in my wife’s Jeep I go look Jeep was so cheap they couldn’t figure out how to do automatic window up switch. I get in my Bronco and quick touch the windows up.. and also Stellantis stupid safety nanny’s where if the door isn’t shut all the way and your not buckled in, it safety switches to park 🤦🏻‍♂️. Can’t even move the stupid thing 5 ft real quick.
And it's not well known. In my buddy's 1500 out in South Dakota Prairie dogging and suddenly, nothing. Long time puckering..... Something made him reclose door and we were ok. He went to dealer first thing next morning... To learn that. Crazy, weird, dumb...

Onehrdfrst

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Between my wife and I, we have had Wranglers pretty much non stop since 1997. I'm a big fan. I've never owned a Ford but always loved the look of the vintage Broncos so after the new Bronco came out I ordered one mostly because they look awesome. Much better looking than the Wrangler in my opinion. My wife just got a new Wrangler too but as a Jeep fan, consider me impressed with the Bronco. Here's my decidedly non-technical impression of the comparison of the two.

Specs:

'22 Bronco 2dr Manual Sasquatch Badlands Lux in Area 51 (2.3L)
'22 Wrangler 4 door Automatic Sahara in Gobi (2.0L 4 cyl turbo)
Basically the same price.

Much has been written about the improvement in steering over the Wrangler's solid front axle but it's like night and day. The Bronco's steering just feels more carlike but with a little more feedback and resistance. Also, you're not constantly correcting to keep on center like you do on the Wrangler. I'll likely do some light off roading but the rock crawling nuances between the two are a non factor for me.

The Bronco is just... bigger. Part of this is no doubt because of the Sasquatch package but it also seems wider and feels roomier in the front seats. I rented a Rubicon once and the ride was way too stiff and handling was just brutal. Not so with the Sasquatch.

The max spec infotainment screens are much bigger on the Bronco which makes the interior look and feel nicer. I like the rest of the interior of the Bronco better than the Wrangler with the exception of the Atari-esque speedo/tach on the Bronco.

The seats are more comfortable than the Wrangler and the vinyl wetsuit-like material is really cool. (I prefer leather but I've had varying luck with leather getting the crow's feet effect after a few years so that's initially why I picked vinyl.)

The clutch and shifting in the manual are like butter. Just perfect. I'm THAT guy - the guy that wouldn't consider buying a Jeep or Bronco for myself with an automatic, but I get that most people prefer automatics and that's okay!

The suspension and ride are firmer in the Bronco but that's not a fair comparison because our Wrangler isn't a Rubicon and the 2dr has a shorter wheelbase than the Wrangler, but by no means is there a big difference between the two.

I was afraid the Sasquatch might look a little monster-trucky but the 2 door looks perfectly proportioned, chunky but awesome. Not throwing shade if your personal preference is a 4 door, I get it, the 2 door is not so practical but if you loved the vintage Broncos you'll love the way the 2dr looks more in person than in pictures.

Another pleasant surprise believe it or not was the engine sound. With the manual my only choice was the 4 cyl. Two recent vehicles of mine were an SRT8 and a Hellcat so I was absolutely dreading the sound of the 4 cyl, especially since the Wrangler 2.0L turbo sounds like a whistling electric knife. The Bronco somehow sounds ok, with a tiny hint of throatiness. I wouldn't say it sounds great but it sounds better than any 4cyl I've ever heard.

I can't compare power because I'm going to be nice to the engine for the first 500 miles but the Bronco feels a little porky for the 4cyl powerplant. I'm adding the Ford Performance Calibration so I expect that will make performance on par with the Jeep and the 2.7L. I didn't buy a race car. Recommendation: save some dough and get the 4 cyl with the tune instead of the 6.

Last but not least, obviously, dealing with Ford has been a nightmare which is not the case with Jeep. My Bronco took 14 months to get. They're on day 5 of trying to pull off the tune (accidentally ordered the 2.7, reordered the 2.3, couldn't unlock it, website currently down, no ETA, blah blah blah.) They also delivered it with a dent so they had to do bodywork and repaint a door. I had it for a day and it's been back at the dealer for a week+. Not a good first impression with quality and service.

And of course my wife is a dedicated Jeep fan so she never tires of telling me what Ford stands for (Found On the Road Dead, F**cker Only Runs Downhill, etc.) But I can deal with that, knowing I have the superior ride!

BadAssLands.jpg
Welcome to the 2 door club!

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Lol every time I get in my wife’s Jeep I go look Jeep was so cheap they couldn’t figure out how to do automatic window up switch. I get in my Bronco and quick touch the windows up.. and also Stellantis stupid safety nanny’s where if the door isn’t shut all the way and your not buckled in, it safety switches to park 🤦🏻‍♂️. Can’t even move the stupid thing 5 ft real quick.
It's because Anton Yelchin was killed by his Jeep.

diggs44060

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I orderd my BadSquatch 2door lux cg..weighted almost 2yrs..built 9/24/22
Dilliverd 9/29 to Mentor ohio..I brought Squatch home 9/30🤘

Sponsored

danofcrowhill

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Always happy to see another stick shift guy out there! Really wanted the v6, but wanted the manual more. I've wanted a sports car all my life... now I have a convertible 4-wheel drive sports car with 6 on the floor!

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport ,first edition C.G
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I rented a wrangler last week. 2 biggest differences I noticed from my bronco

1) Bronco rides better
2) Jeep windshield is much easier to see out of, I’m 6-0 and red light can be a challenge if I’m in the first spot.
Oh 😮 good point, how about a traffic light viewer? Anyone remember those , had one on my 1957 Chevy Belair a few years back.
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco vs. 2022 Wrangler impression after Day 1 69075D09-71DB-4688-879F-42BC0746A6E4

ORbronco

Raptor
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bronco, 22 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Between my wife and I, we have had Wranglers pretty much non stop since 1997. I'm a big fan. I've never owned a Ford but always loved the look of the vintage Broncos so after the new Bronco came out I ordered one mostly because they look awesome. Much better looking than the Wrangler in my opinion. My wife just got a new Wrangler too but as a Jeep fan, consider me impressed with the Bronco. Here's my decidedly non-technical impression of the comparison of the two.

Specs:

'22 Bronco 2dr Manual Sasquatch Badlands Lux in Area 51 (2.3L)
'22 Wrangler 4 door Automatic Sahara in Gobi (2.0L 4 cyl turbo)
Basically the same price.

Much has been written about the improvement in steering over the Wrangler's solid front axle but it's like night and day. The Bronco's steering just feels more carlike but with a little more feedback and resistance. Also, you're not constantly correcting to keep on center like you do on the Wrangler. I'll likely do some light off roading but the rock crawling nuances between the two are a non factor for me.

The Bronco is just... bigger. Part of this is no doubt because of the Sasquatch package but it also seems wider and feels roomier in the front seats. I rented a Rubicon once and the ride was way too stiff and handling was just brutal. Not so with the Sasquatch.

The max spec infotainment screens are much bigger on the Bronco which makes the interior look and feel nicer. I like the rest of the interior of the Bronco better than the Wrangler with the exception of the Atari-esque speedo/tach on the Bronco.

The seats are more comfortable than the Wrangler and the vinyl wetsuit-like material is really cool. (I prefer leather but I've had varying luck with leather getting the crow's feet effect after a few years so that's initially why I picked vinyl.)

The clutch and shifting in the manual are like butter. Just perfect. I'm THAT guy - the guy that wouldn't consider buying a Jeep or Bronco for myself with an automatic, but I get that most people prefer automatics and that's okay!

The suspension and ride are firmer in the Bronco but that's not a fair comparison because our Wrangler isn't a Rubicon and the 2dr has a shorter wheelbase than the Wrangler, but by no means is there a big difference between the two.

I was afraid the Sasquatch might look a little monster-trucky but the 2 door looks perfectly proportioned, chunky but awesome. Not throwing shade if your personal preference is a 4 door, I get it, the 2 door is not so practical but if you loved the vintage Broncos you'll love the way the 2dr looks more in person than in pictures.

Another pleasant surprise believe it or not was the engine sound. With the manual my only choice was the 4 cyl. Two recent vehicles of mine were an SRT8 and a Hellcat so I was absolutely dreading the sound of the 4 cyl, especially since the Wrangler 2.0L turbo sounds like a whistling electric knife. The Bronco somehow sounds ok, with a tiny hint of throatiness. I wouldn't say it sounds great but it sounds better than any 4cyl I've ever heard.

I can't compare power because I'm going to be nice to the engine for the first 500 miles but the Bronco feels a little porky for the 4cyl powerplant. I'm adding the Ford Performance Calibration so I expect that will make performance on par with the Jeep and the 2.7L. I didn't buy a race car. Recommendation: save some dough and get the 4 cyl with the tune instead of the 6.

Last but not least, obviously, dealing with Ford has been a nightmare which is not the case with Jeep. My Bronco took 14 months to get. They're on day 5 of trying to pull off the tune (accidentally ordered the 2.7, reordered the 2.3, couldn't unlock it, website currently down, no ETA, blah blah blah.) They also delivered it with a dent so they had to do bodywork and repaint a door. I had it for a day and it's been back at the dealer for a week+. Not a good first impression with quality and service.

And of course my wife is a dedicated Jeep fan so she never tires of telling me what Ford stands for (Found On the Road Dead, F**cker Only Runs Downhill, etc.) But I can deal with that, knowing I have the superior ride!

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco vs. 2022 Wrangler impression after Day 1 69075D09-71DB-4688-879F-42BC0746A6E4
Jeep- Just Empty Every Pocket.
Just Expect Every Problem.
Just Eats Every Penny.
Junk, Each & Every Piece.
Just Expect Excessive Problems,.
Junk Engineered, Executed Poorly

Paris

Base
First Name
Paris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco, Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agreed, such a nice ride in the Bronco! What a blast to drive. I'm also impressed by the reasonable amount of sound with the soft top. Honestly, I expected it to be louder.. very pleasantly surprised.

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having had a 14 Rubi that I ordered to the 2dr Badlands Sas I agree with the ride. What I don't have in the Bronco yet is the confidence offroad that I had with the Rubi. One thing the Bronco does have is torque and a lot more of it. My confidence in the electronics goes back to the F250 days of blown hubs and actuators the went pfft.
Jeep does have the ordering process down, you know exactly were your build is in the process and the Window Sticker says something along the lines of Specialty Built for Your Name.

Salt

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You had me at I won’t buy an automatic

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's because Anton Yelchin was killed by his Jeep.
That was a crap shifter on a grand Cherokee, nothing to do with a wrangler. I had the same one and it was very difficult to know if you were in park or drive. They changed it the next model year I think.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice ride! I’m loving my ‘21 Badlands that I’ve had for 16 months. That’s interesting that your wife’s Sahara cost the same as your Badlands SAS Lux, as the Jeep would seem to be much less equipped (eg, no lockers and lessor suspension, tires and tech)
They say the Badlands was equipped to compete against the Rubicon.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh 😮 good point, how about a traffic light viewer? Anyone remember those , had one on my 1957 Chevy Belair a few years back.
Magnificent!

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I absolutely understand the want of the manual, and that's only with the 4 cylinder. But damn that v6 is AWESOME and i would absolutely recommend it for the price if you're getting an automatic! The hp is solid, but it's the torque that throws you back in your seat and gives you the rush that the v6 blows the 4 cylinder out of the water. After having a badlands at the Offrodeo and using and not using the swaybar disco, that was definitely not worth the $3k upgrade from a bd to a bl, but $1,900 for an extra 90 lbft of torque is a good deal, much better than paying $3k for a swaybar disconnect that isn't really needed...
Sponsored