Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am thinking 1/3 to 2/5 or 33.33-40% of orders get thru to production figure 60-70k. At the 50 to 60% capacity is like 19 to 26 weeks. Very doable and makes me feel better if I do go DiamondManSquatch (DMS) and it gets pushed out a little bit. Still going to check out a badlands as well.
Sponsored

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not really believe it matters much. That said, typically the next year's model is released circa September. But of course, this is anything but a typical launch, and they can do whatever they want -- fill all the orders with 2021-spec cars, do the usual MY shift, not change the 2022 MY configuration from the 2021's, etc..

That said, I believe the real answer is that ALL OF THE RESERVATION BRONCOS WILL BE 2022s.

Manufacturers can legally sell any car built in 2021 (Jan 1 and later) as an "early release" of the next year's model year and keep producing Bronocs to the same spec until the 2023 models are released in Sept. 2022.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i have always been thinking 35-38% conversion rate. Double reservations, hype vs reality when it comes down to putting up real money, ETC.

Heck, just take a look at the Ford page Bronco Photo Gallery. There are two good shots of an interior (the two tone brown and the white). That is it. White top Cactus Gray (with the white interior!) It is a real looker. Most reservations are with people who are not parsing every scrap of info on the Bronco. They looked at those interior pictures and the rest of the CGI stuff and wanted it. I cannot fathom how Ford believes that they will convert to orders in the 70% plus range when they find out that they cannot get the stuff in the pictures they were shown when asked to reserve.

Let that sink in.... The only pictures they have seen, the official Ford pictures that pushed them into making an account and putting a C-note down, they will not be able to order a truck that looks like that for any amount of money. Those 100K or whatever number of people are not going to convert at 75%, they are going to be pissed and feel, rightfully so, misled. The $50K price tags they have to get to make the truck look at all like the other pictures will also not help.

Almost everyone who reserves/converts will be sitting in a Bronco seat by Thanksgiving 2021. (barring oddball events). That is my prediction, which may be completely wrong, but I am sticking with it.

edit; 'plus' looks better than 'pus'

More editing 10/7/20; The Ford website has changed since my post. (looks like maybe yesterday even.) I verified that what I posted was accurate on Ford.com at the time of posting, however now the 'pre-production' pictures are in a separate area clearly marked as not production. So if anyone feels they were just wrong about the interiors later, you have been gaslighted by Ford IT (again)

Last edited:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Manufacturers can legally sell any car built in 2021 (Jan 1 and later) as an "early release" of the next year's model year and keep producing Bronocs to the same spec until the 2023 models are released in Sept. 2022.
When did they change from emissions certification driving the model year? Is it like a grandfather clause? It is been more than a few decades since I looked into it, probably a lot more rules/regs/loopholes these days.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
All members who took advantage of the Granger $2000 off invoice October reservation will get a pleasant surprise when their orders arrive in 2021. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When did they change from emissions certification driving the model year? Is it like a grandfather clause? It is been more than a few decades since I looked into it, probably a lot more rules/regs/loopholes these days.
As long as the specs don't change, they're good.

Note that most stickers on the vehicles state compliance with the requirements in place as of the date of manufacture, without listing specific versions of the requirements they meet.

Assuming the 2022 CY requirements are the same as CY 2021's (and for emissions, that is a good bet for gasoline light-duty vehicles), the CY 2021 Bronco production would meet the requirements, whether labeled 2021 or 2022. Even if the 2022 emission requirements are different, they are well known in advance, so Ford could already design the 2021 production to the 2022 requirements.

KobeStyle

Outer Banks
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370Z
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i have always been thinking 35-38% conversion rate. Double reservations, hype vs reality when it comes down to putting up real money, ETC.

Heck, just take a look at the Ford page Bronco Photo Gallery. There are two good shots of an interior (the two tone brown and the white). That is it. White top Cactus Gray (with the white interior!) It is a real looker. Most reservations are with people who are not parsing every scrap of info on the Bronco. They looked at those interior pictures and the rest of the CGI stuff and wanted it. I cannot fathom how Ford believes that they will convert to orders in the 70% plus range when they find out that they cannot get the stuff in the pictures they were shown when asked to reserve.

Let that sink in.... The only pictures they have seen, the official Ford pictures that pushed them into making an account and putting a C-note down, they will not be able to order a truck that looks like that for any amount of money. Those 100K or whatever number of people are not going to convert at 75%, they are going to be pissed and feel, rightfully so, misled. The $50K price tags they have to get to make the truck look at all like the other pictures will also not help.

Almost everyone who reserves/converts will be sitting in a Bronco seat by Thanksgiving 2021. (barring oddball events). That is my prediction, which may be completely wrong, but I am sticking with it.

edit; 'plus' looks better than 'pus'
I agree with this so much! Based purely on gut feeling haha!

With how insane the world is right now, with the economy being held up by emergency policies like deferred rent and no evictions, who knows what America will look like this winter when all of those policies are either ended, or extended. We're due for at minimum a short term dramatic contraction of the economy based on business closures alone, and when landlords don't get their pay and most people in trouble prefer to get evicted rather than paying 3-5 months of back rent. I see this being square into the ordering and production timeline of December through May and a lot of people would drop off.

I'm completely stable and able to afford this pretty comfortably RIGHT NOW, but who knows what my comfort level will be like come December... Do I want the stress of a $500/month payment eating into a not impossible $1600/month unemployment check while I'm looking for another job? I am very confident my situation won't change, but I don't know if I want to take a risk of adding a monthly payment on a vehicle while things can shift so much in the greater economy in these unprecedented times.

It all comes down to I can easily afford the Bronco, but what if?! If I'm feeling this and I'm in the minority Bronco enthusiast camp of reservation holders, I can't imagine what those that ordered based on Ford's pretty pictures would think come time. Based on all of this, I think Ford is going to be very disappointed when this ends up being a 38% conversion rate.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Obviously there have been some frustrations aired on these forums about B&P date, lack of 2.7 manual, lack of white top, etc. But, I figured I'd try to inject some positivity. I was trying to do some calculations to figure out when I should expect my Bronco with a 10/1 order date, and there has been a ton of talk about delaying a lot of the later reservations until 2022. But, I made a little chart to help myself visualize exactly why people might be thinking that.

Right now, if what we've heard from some dealers is to be believed, Ford has ~185,000 reservations and hopes to have a 75% conversion rate. I personally think that's high, but for the sake of this discussion, it doesn't matter. It results in ~140,000 trucks to be made. The Michigan Assembly Plant can produce 5,300 vehicles per week (the number I pulled from Wikipedia) and I tend to think Broncos will be somewhere in the 60-65% range (the remaining production going to Rangers) of total production. At 60%, that would be 3,180 Broncos per week. It will take 44 weeks to produce 140,000 Broncos, which, if we say production starts on 3/15/21, puts us basically right on New Years.

This obviously doesn't take into account commodity issues and whatnot, but this chart below lets you put your own assumptions for how many orders actually get placed as well as the % of production capacity that the plant will put towards Broncos. Obviously if you think the whole plant will only run at 80% efficiency and Broncos will be 50% of production, you'd look at the line for 40% (80% x 50%). The numbers in the body of the chart are how many days after production begins that all reservations be complete. Anything highlighted in red means that production would be complete within 291 days, or the time between 3/15/21 and the new calendar year.

Bronco Delivery Schedule.png

Again, a little attempted positivity for these forums. Now we just need March '21 to stick. :geek:

Chris
Appreciate the work and attitude. I'd imagine Ford has more like 170k reservations and will convert maybe 50% into sales the first year. They have barely capped out Mach-E reservations and they were only taking 50,000 of them. Ford likes to 'brag', there is a reason you can't find real Mach-E conversion numbers yet IMHO.

Personally, I'm not buying a 2021 vehicle in 2022. At that point, I'd have flipped to Jeep. We'll see where my July reservation takes me.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All the members who took advantage of the Granger $2000 off invoice October reservation will get a pleasant surprise when their orders arrive in 2021. :)
That would be a surprise if they arrive in CY 2021. But even if they do, the tail end of deliveries will be MY 2022 (assuming Sept/Oct MY shift).

OP
OP
jayhawkco

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be a surprise if they arrive in CY 2021. But even if they do, the tail end of deliveries will be MY 2022 (assuming Sept/Oct MY shift).
For me, that's best case scenario, yeah? I don't care if I have the "first year" and from a resale perspective, it's better to have a more current vehicle.

Chris

Sponsored
OP
OP
jayhawkco

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the members who took advantage of the Granger $2000 off invoice October reservation will get a pleasant surprise when their orders arrive in 2021. :)
And I am one of them, hence my (perhaps misguided) optimism. But I figured I could rely on math to prove my gut feeling.

Chris

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Works for me!

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I remember an article where part of the approval process was that they were planning on building 100k Rangers in a factory with a capacity for 200k per year. So to fill that unused capacity they got to do the Bronco. Now I have heard that the Ranger is selling above expectations. So are they going to throttle Ranger production to flood the market with Broncos? What about the changeover on the Ranger to the new platform, that has to kill some production also. But 100k Broncos a year is only 8,333 a month. So if 100k people want their Bronco and they don't start shipping until June, you could very well be looking at a June 2022 delivery.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I remember an article where part of the approval process was that they were planning on building 100k Rangers in a factory with a capacity for 200k per year. So to fill that unused capacity they got to do the Bronco. Now I have heard that the Ranger is selling above expectations. So are they going to throttle Ranger production to flood the market with Broncos? What about the changeover on the Ranger to the new platform, that has to kill some production also. But 100k Broncos a year is only 8,333 a month. So if 100k people want their Bronco and they don't start shipping until June, you could very well be looking at a June 2022 delivery.
If I’m not mistaken, MAP could do 300,000 back when it built Focus.
The plant currently has 2.8 million square feet of floor space and a capacity of 5,300 units per week. So, theoretically they could get 275,000 out a year now.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the positivity... I don't know how I missed this thread.

Oh yeah... I know now... there was another thread spewing ash everywhere and it was hard to see.
Sponsored