Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

T
Here is the scenario that I cant square.

Customer A reserves Bronco X at small dealer in Mississippi in July.

Customer B reserves identically optioned Bronco X at big dealer in Atlanta in October.

Then, both customers ORDER their Bronco on same day in December (or whenever that process goes live.)

So Ford is going to build and send the Bronco to the customer that ordered from the big dealer, just because that dealer has more reservations and/or has sold more Explorers or something in the past?

Why does Ford care which dealers the orders are coming from? They are both ordered. Makes sense to build the one that was reserved first considering they were both ordered at the same time. Right?

Now if the customer that reserved his Bronco in October actually ORDERS his Bronco before the guy that reserved his in July, I can understand them building/delivering that Bronco first.

It would seem to me that the actual "allocation" of Broncos wont happen until all the 2021 model year Broncos have been reserved, ordered, built to spec and shipped out. (ALL 2021 model year Broncos will have been reserved and ordered by retail customers, not speced out by dealers.) Dealers would be allocated 2022 Broncos based on what they did with the 2021 models.

Everything until then is just building whats been reserved and ordered in a logical sequence, with trim level and options being the only other factor affecting when it gets built.

I dont know, just sayin
Good news. The email I received directly from Ford states that don’t worry, orders are fulfilled based on the time stamp of your reservation - not when orders are placed.
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco Delivery Schedule.png

Again, a little attempted positivity for these forums. Now we just need March '21 to stick. :geek:

Chris
You are my kind of nerd, if I had the time to put thought into it that is what I would come up with...?

I love stats...:geek:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
please explain? Don’t reservation time stamps coincide with when one places their orders?

T

Good news. The email I received directly from Ford states that don’t worry, orders are fulfilled based on the time stamp of your reservation - not when orders are placed.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Im thinking closer to 50% will actually follow through ...its really easy to plink down $100 on a dream .......its another thing to align financing, sign on the dotted line and not get cold feet during the wait ;) . IMO.
Absolutely agree with you. But we need them to get cold feet BEFORE placing the order. Does no good for people waiting on their order to be made if other guys back out on Broncos sitting at the dealer location. That is why I wish a larger refundable deposit was required at order time.

Reactions: RG7

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Copied (most) and pasted from another thread I posted in but I think it fits here just as well:

Bottom line, if you reserved a Bronco you will get one. It may not be a MY2021 due to production laws. It may be a MY2022. And you may not receive it until the first month of 2022 because of when you reserved but you will get a Bronco.

The reality is, Ford had 150k reservations in the first 2 weeks. Assuming the 75% conversion rate thats about 112k orders. What people have to understand is it will take the better part of 2021 to build just those units assuming Job 1 is in May. So the idea people need to get used to is, that just because you reserved in the first few days does not mean your Bronco will roll off the assembly line in the first few months of production. The sheer volume of the first few days reservation numbers (converted to orders), coupled with manufacturing limits, mean we all need to get used to the idea of a latter than expected Bronco. It won't have anything to do with dealership allocations.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jayhawkco

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Copied (most) and pasted from another thread I posted in but I think it fits here just as well:

Bottom line, if you reserved a Bronco you will get one. It may not be a MY2021 due to production laws. It may be a MY2022. And you may not receive it until the first month of 2022 because of when you reserved but you will get a Bronco.

The reality is, Ford had 150k reservations in the first 2 weeks. Assuming the 75% conversion rate thats about 112k orders. What people have to understand is it will take the better part of 2021 to build just those units assuming Job 1 is in May. So the idea people need to get used to is, that just because you reserved in the first few days does not mean your Bronco will roll off the assembly line in the first few months of production. The sheer volume of the first few days reservation numbers (converted to orders), coupled with manufacturing limits, mean we all need to get used to the idea of a latter than expected Bronco. It won't have anything to do with dealership allocations.
Did you see somewhere that Job 1 was in May? I thought March had been the agreed upon start time.

Chris

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did not. I just used May 1st as a start date so I could arrive at a June 1st delivery date. A Job 1 in March would most certainly guarantee all current reservation holders get their Broncos in 2021.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

please explain? Don’t reservation time stamps coincide with when one places their orders?
You will place your order through whichever dealer you selected I believe December-January. Some people may be under the impression that whoever orders first will jump ahead of someone who reserved earlier than they did. Ford was clarifying that’s not the case, as builds will happen according to when you reserved, not when you place your order.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

robertccribb

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry new here. I may be in the wrong thread as well. I went into my dealership in January. They said if I wanted a white top, manual Sasquatch I would need to wait till 2022. Do we know when we can start those reservations? and what if I change my mind and want to call my reservation now, can you do that?

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry new here. I may be in the wrong thread as well. I went into my dealership in January. They said if I wanted a white top, manual Sasquatch I would need to wait till 2022. Do we know when we can start those reservations? and what if I change my mind and want to call my reservation now, can you do that?
Did you not make the reservation in January? Ford would have just held your reservation for the 2022 model year.

robertccribb

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you not make the reservation in January? Ford would have just held your reservation for the 2022 model year.
Right so the dealer placed it but it is on hold??... it still shows up when I sign into Ford.com. So it is still there just have to wait till 22YM. When do those start I am hearing late this year?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Right so the dealer placed it but it is on hold??... it still shows up when I sign into Ford.com. So it is still there just have to wait till 22YM. When do those start I am hearing late this year?
Correct. If you’ve got your place in line, just wait until later this year when the 2022 info starts to come out. My guess is it will start to leak by the end of summer and be official by Fall. Your dealer will then ask to convert your reservation to a 2022 order with production starting in December of this year.

robertccribb

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct. If you’ve got your place in line, just wait until later this year when the 2022 info starts to come out. My guess is it will start to leak by the end of summer and be official by Fall. Your dealer will then ask to convert your reservation to a 2022 order with production starting in December of this year.
Great! One more dumb question... do we know outside of esthetics what other improvements are being made to the Bronco for 22YM?