Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76' Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2022 Bronco and was able to successfully change my tire size and disable the double honk when exiting the vehicle. After making these changes, I told it to relearn the AWD module and it worked, but when I told the PCM to relearn, it said the operation was interrupted. I don't seem to have any error codes so I assume it's all ok. Any thoughts? Than
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 2022 Bronco and was able to successfully change my tire size and disable the double honk when exiting the vehicle. After making these changes, I told it to relearn the AWD module and it worked, but when I told the PCM to relearn, it said the operation was interrupted. I don't seem to have any error codes so I assume it's all ok. Any thoughts? Than
Did you ever get this to work. I ran into the same issue today. I’m assuming it’s because of the limited compatibility with newer models at this time.

OP
OP
Dyehard

Dyehard

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76' Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you ever get this to work. I ran into the same issue today. I’m assuming it’s because of the limited compatibility with newer models at this time.
Haven’t done anything to it since, but still haven’t had any issues either.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Haven’t done anything to it since, but still haven’t had any issues either.
Interesting. I tried to change the tire size today, got the interrupted message from the PCM like you, but for some reason mine is setting a few codes along with the check engine light and stability light.

OP
OP
Dyehard

Dyehard

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76' Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting. I tried to change the tire size today, got the interrupted message from the PCM like you, but for some reason mine is setting a few codes along with the check engine light and stability light.
Yeah, I really want to make a tweak to mine because the speedometer is still 2 miles an hour off but I’m scared to press my luck and try it again.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The threads related to this were deleted by your favorite moderator...
And so was the Guru.... D2dHanover .

Better off on the f-150 forums looking forscan. This one is heavily censored, in ford's favor.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Better off on the f-150 forums looking forscan. This one is heavily censored, in ford's favor.
It's finicky about the relearn process, setting the tire size was the most challenging Forscan mod that I did. Once it relearns the other modules and the codes stop, you're good to go as far as I could tell. It will still run when you are getting codes, but it's annoying. It took me a few days to figure it all out and I should have written down the correct order of doing it. It takes just a little trial an error, if it worked once (assuming that your software hasn't changed) it will work again. Software doesn't break randomly, if it did it once, it can do it again.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's finicky about the relearn process, setting the tire size was the most challenging Forscan mod that I did. Once it relearns the other modules and the codes stop, you're good to go as far as I could tell. It will still run when you are getting codes, but it's annoying. It took me a few days to figure it all out and I should have written down the correct order of doing it. It takes just a little trial an error, if it worked once (assuming that your software hasn't changed) it will work again. Software doesn't break randomly, if it did it once, it can do it again.
Yes I adjusted mine for 37s...but it took like 3 or 4 trys...I figured out it was because I was adjusting it Slightly too far. Out of range.

My speedo dead on now.
I'm wondering if the gear ratio could be adjusted as far as 5.38? I sure hope so.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is such a shame. D2dHanover always had a lot of great info.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is such a shame. D2dHanover always had a lot of great info.
so true, his posts were always interesting on this topic, sadly most if not all are gone along with him. My guess is some lawyers came knocking :-(

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

so true, his posts were always interesting on this topic, sadly most if not all are gone along with him. My guess is some lawyers came knocking :-(
Agreed... the ability of the Bronco to be self driving is highly classified! And so is the risk of an OTA update hack(er).

Imagine some kid with a gamer joystick wirelessly taking control of your precious bronco while your doing 65mph...rofl.

My best guess is that some other auto makers that are working on self driving vehicles realized how valuable this person was and offered them a far better job than ford did.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes I adjusted mine for 37s...but it took like 3 or 4 trys...I figured out it was because I was adjusting it Slightly too far. Out of range.
^^^
This is it. There's an allowed range for setting your tire diameter. If you put in a number that's too high, you'll end up with a failed update. Everything will still work, but your speedometer error will still be there.

Instead, change the gear ratio and then figure out what the tire diameter would be with that gear ratio to equal your actual revs/mile. This is what I had to do to put 33s on my F-150. I have 3.55 gears and 33" tires, but Forscan thinks I have 3.31 gears and 29.9" tires, and the revs/mile work out the same.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

^^^
This is it. There's an allowed range for setting your tire diameter. If you put in a number that's too high, you'll end up with a failed update. Everything will still work, but your speedometer error will still be there.

Instead, change the gear ratio and then figure out what the tire diameter would be with that gear ratio to equal your actual revs/mile. This is what I had to do to put 33s on my F-150. I have 3.55 gears and 33" tires, but Forscan thinks I have 3.31 gears and 29.9" tires, and the revs/mile work out the same.
does changing your gear ratio affect your shift points and such?

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
does changing your gear ratio affect your shift points and such?
Shift points are based primarily on RPM, speed, and throttle position. Gear ratio and tire size are what the computer uses to translate transmission Output Shaft Speed into vehicle MPH.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks