First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Bronco
Outer Banks
Clubs

Zach, something I have not understood from the outset. Let’s say a dealership has way more orders than their allocation. Example is dealer has 1200 orders and only gets 800 2022 allocations. And let’s say the person that is 900th in line at this dealership has a 7/30/20 reservation. Does that mean number 900 will not get their Bronco in 2022 no matter what and more specifically, does that mean someone else at another dealership with a later reservation (I.e. 8/30/20) will have their Bronco built first if they happen to be within their dealers allocations? In other words is it a disadvantage to have your order at a dealership that has way more orders then they do N? If any other members know the answers to these questions please respond as I am not sure Zach will be back in here and I don’t know how to @ him.
I am sure this has already been answered as I am just catching up to this thread, but...

Yes, if a dealer's allocation is exhausted then certainly a later order at a dealer with open allocation certainly can leapfrog the earlier reservation.

Not all companies are the same however in my experience last year a dealer cannot even place an order if they do not have an allocation.. As Zach indicated and we have seen, not all orders can be fulfilled within a model year order bank, regardless of allocation...but with the now paused reservation system, would Ford have disallowed the 11th reservation at a small dealer who only has an allocation of 10? At the time reservations opened 14 months ago they did not even correctly anticipate the demand.
Advertisement

CT203

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Bronco
Outer Banks
All this does make you wonder what if this rollout would have been smoother if people had skin in the game.

$100 reservation? Fine.

Want to order, it's another $900.
That's a lot of money to have going unused.

Pittguy

First Name
mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 cobra. F250
Bronco
Undecided
Ford has the ability to fill all reservations this coming yr esp if those that choose not to place a new order are removed from the system. Maybe offer this to dealers later in the yr if reservation backlogs are falling. These dealers will have the chance for lot vehicles without adding backed out order. I dont believe all dealers offer backed out orders to reservationist first. Plz ford give reservations top priority this coming yr.

JT58Bronc

Black Diamond
First Name
JT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler, 2019 Chevy Silverado
Bronco
Black Diamond
Wow Zach, you are great. These are the questions I had for my dealership and they have yet to get back to me at all even on other questions I had since the day I placed my order. I even went there in person 4 weeks ago. The sales guy claimed that I would have to get in line again- he was not sure. The reservation did not seem to mean anything. He would need to check with management or the owner.

So can we change dealerships? I have an early AM 7/14 reservation and would love to use it........but if at the current dealership, I am opting out completely.

Chops

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Ford Bronco,2017 GMC 2010 chevy short box truck
Bronco
Undecided
Because MIC hard tops are the biggest bottleneck on Bronco production. Many more customers want a MIC hard top than will be available to fill orders well into 22MY, so stand-alone MIC hard tops are not expected to be available as an accessory from your local dealer’s parts department until 23MY. Ford would rather sell more Bronco units with a single top (MIC or soft) than artificially limit unit sales by selling some Broncos with two tops (MIC and soft) until the bottleneck is resolved.

TL;DR - Ford makes more profit by selling an entire vehicle at $40,000+/- than by selling an additional top accessory.
So what you are telling me is to order just the mic top, cancel the soft top and I will get mine sooner? Also my reservation was within the 1st 12 hours of reservations, so my number is good. But they have been told they have unlimited soft tops? So why can’t I have both? Can I get the mic then order the soft top right away? This whole process is just whacked up!

Chops

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Undecided
Because MIC hard tops are the biggest bottleneck on Bronco production. Many more customers want a MIC hard top than will be available to fill orders well into 22MY, so stand-alone MIC hard tops are not expected to be available as an accessory from your local dealer’s parts department until 23MY. Ford would rather sell more Bronco units with a single top (MIC or soft) than artificially limit unit sales by selling some Broncos with two tops (MIC and soft) until the bottleneck is resolved.

TL;DR - Ford makes more profit by selling an entire vehicle at $40,000+/- than by selling an additional top accessory.
So what you are telling me is to order just the mic top, cancel the soft top and I will get mine sooner? Also my reservation was within the 1st 12 hours of reservations, so my number is good. But they have been told they have unlimited soft tops? So why can’t I have both? Can I get the mic then order the soft top right away? This whole process is just whacked up!

Chops

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Undecided
Wow Zach, you are great. These are the questions I had for my dealership and they have yet to get back to me at all even on other questions I had since the day I placed my order. I even went there in person 4 weeks ago. The sales guy claimed that I would have to get in line again- he was not sure. The reservation did not seem to mean anything. He would need to check with management or the owner.

So can we change dealerships? I have an early AM 7/14 reservation and would love to use it........but if at the current dealership, I am opting out completely.
Same problem here! Would love to change dealerships!!

Razorbak86

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 450h, BMW R1150 GS
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

The quickest way to get your Bronco would be to order just the soft top now and pick up either the MIC or MOD hard top later, once they become available as accessories.

If you switch to just the MIC hard top, which is the largest current production constraint, then there are a bunch more variables that come into play which could delay your delivery (e.g., your dealer’s allocation, your spot in the order list, FEs that have to be built in 21MY).

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

[email protected]

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Bronco
Wildtrak

Ford hasn't officially announced either way, but I've heard rumblings that the option to switch dealerships may open when 2022 order banks open up.

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Jeep Wrangler
Bronco
Wildtrak
Ford has the ability to fill all reservations this coming yr esp if those that choose not to place a new order are removed from the system. Maybe offer this to dealers later in the yr if reservation backlogs are falling. These dealers will have the chance for lot vehicles without adding backed out order. I dont believe all dealers offer backed out orders to reservationist first. Plz ford give reservations top priority this coming yr.
Bold and underling by me because I dont believe this is accurate... Anyone that reserved and ordered with a Black Painted Modular Top will not be getting their Bronco in Model Year 2022 ( unless they change their order)

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Bronco
Base
Ford hasn't officially announced either way, but I've heard rumblings that the option to switch dealerships may open when 2022 order banks open up.
Zach,
My dealer says not to touch my order and it will roll over automatically into 2022.
I wanted to add Capable Bumper for 2022 but he advises against it or I could lose my sequence.
FYI no VIN yet.
So I'm getting conflicting info.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

[email protected]

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Bronco
Wildtrak
Zach,
My dealer says not to touch my order and it will roll over automatically into 2022.
I wanted to add Capable Bumper for 2022 but he advises against it or I could lose my sequence.
FYI no VIN yet.
So I'm getting conflicting info.

I would get an updated order summary from them showing it's a 2022. They may have the function of rolling it over, I could be wrong, but my impression is reordering. The options you change will not change your sequence unless that part is a restricted item.

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Bronco
Base
I would get an updated order summary from them showing it's a 2022. They may have the function of rolling it over, I could be wrong, but my impression is reordering. The options you change will not change your sequence unless that part is a restricted item.
Yea I'll verify my 2022 order.
I don't think I can get any more restrictive than I already am! lol

Advertisement

BDS Suspension
Advertisement