Sponsored

2023 7-speaker with REAL sub wiring diagram?

Wirenut20

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 97 F150, 92 Mustang LX 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Good morning! I've been looking for some advice and this thread seems to have a TON of knowledge šŸ˜ I have a 2023 Black diamond four-door Bronco and I am replacing the basic sub with a b&o version. I assumed this would be a plug and play thing... But definitely is not. I recognize one of the plugs in your picture in this post. The brown one with the white around the edge. That is what I currently have going into the basic setup. I will also note that the basic sub that I have doesn't do anything, which is quite confusing to me. šŸ˜¬ I will attach 2 pictures of what is there for the basic setup, then 2 pictures of what I'm trying to plug into, which is the b&o amplifier... And there is also a green plug at the top of the sub box that I do not have any input for. I assume there is a wiring harness but I have been unable to locate that via Google searches. Any input you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

20230803_145136.jpg

20230803_134516.jpg

20230803_134539.jpg

20230803_134554.jpg
I donā€™t know enough about the B&O signal processing amp and plugs to know if you have what you need back there.

On your current sub not working, check to see if your window sticker says ā€œsubwoofer deleteā€œ on it. I read somewhere the Broncos that come with subwoofer delete have dummy amps and subs plugged in back there.

Ep24Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the replies in advance. Can anyone tell me if the factory subwoofer cutoff frequency is happening within the ACM or within the subwoofer amplifier. I heard the OEM rear sub does not play above ~150 Hz but don't know if that cutoff is happening within the ACM or within the subwoofer amplifier. I wonder if the signal from the ACM to the sub amp is a full signal or not. Thinking about swapping the OEM woofer with a full range 8ā€. I want to use the original wire feeding the amp. I understand I might need to swap the OEM amp too if the thing changes the frequency below 150Hz. I have the 7 none B&O speaker system with working sub .

Ep24Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ohh.. do they make a plug and play Y connection just like the one for the kicker key but one that can be use for any amp?

Jfusik58

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you talking from the Audio Control Module to the Amplifier? Or out of Amplifier to the sub?
Just put focus amp and kicker in my 23 big bend and dead silence from sub..looks like no power to amp šŸ¤žšŸ¼ hopefully the fuse is missing and so it begins. Thank you for posting the wiring diagram.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just put focus amp and kicker in my 23 big bend and dead silence from sub..looks like no power to amp šŸ¤žšŸ¼ hopefully the fuse is missing and so it begins. Thank you for posting the wiring diagram.
Don't take this the wrong way . . . but has it been enabled via Forscan (or otherwise)?

Ep24Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi, everyone. So did someone figure out if the signal going to the factory working amp and woofer is ā€œfull range signal and ā€œhotā€ like regular speakerā€ before it hits the amp? Then the amp converts the signal in order to drive the woofer. Some one said that I need to ā€œ tap into the subwoofer wire then add a converter to the new amp I want to add because if I remove the stock sub amp, the signal from the head unit will be lost . So to me itā€™s weird, factory amp, to signal converter to new amp to new speakers. šŸ˜³ common sense tells me to remove the stock sub amp and sub, use the factory wire to new amp to new speaker but I dnt know. The issue is I do not know if the signal coming from the head unit is ā€œspeaker signalā€ that I need the converters of just add rca tips and connected to the new amp. Of course running new ground and power cable to meet the amps specs.

Snakk Attakk

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can anyone determine what gauge that yellow-red subwoofer amp power cable to the battery junction box is? I have it in my notes that it is 12-gauge, but in that photo it looks pretty beefy.

mandark

Black Diamond
First Name
Manish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Found it! Sub wiring diagram:
seven speaker sub wiring diagram.jpg

Photos of the wires in the grey head unit connector:
IMG_2762.JPG
IMG_2760.JPG
IMG_2765.JPG

Images of the connection to the DSP in the rear panel:

IMG_2853.JPG
IMG_2852.JPG
IMG_2753.JPG
IMG_2754.JPG
So, is the grey head connector for the sub and is there a different one for the 4 channel?

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So, I am trying to remember but there were two plugs into the head unit, a black one and a gray one. Since my pic up there shows the sub wiring in the gray, then the other 4 channels are in the black one.

The amp plug-n-play harness I bought plugged in between the 4 channel one and the head unit (I think).

mandark

Black Diamond
First Name
Manish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, I am trying to remember but there were two plugs into the head unit, a black one and a gray one. Since my pic up there shows the sub wiring in the gray, then the other 4 channels are in the black one.

The amp plug-n-play harness I bought plugged in between the 4 channel one and the head unit (I think).
Hmmm. Wonder if there is a harness for the subwoofer one that goes to an amp.

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Hmmm. Wonder if there is a harness for the subwoofer one that goes to an amp.
@mandark - from one of the other threads - Metra 72-6514 Speaker Harness for Select Chrysler/Dodge Vehicles (known to work with the subwoofer swap but the polarity is reversed)
I suppose you could run longer leads from these to an Amp, but I understand these connect to the factory B&O subwoofer connecters inside the encloser - assuming you are removing the B&O sub.....

mandark

Black Diamond
First Name
Manish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@mandark - from one of the other threads - Metra 72-6514 Speaker Harness for Select Chrysler/Dodge Vehicles (known to work with the subwoofer swap but the polarity is reversed)
I suppose you could run longer leads from these to an Amp, but I understand these connect to the factory B&O subwoofer connecters inside the encloser - assuming you are removing the B&O sub.....
My bronco does not have a b&o system. Its a 7 speaker with working sub. I want to feed the subwoofer output and the 4 channel output from acm to a different amp

Badlands75

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I replaced the existing OEM sub and (real) amp with Kicker 8ā€ and 500.1. Also, installed the kicker key 200.4 and ran the wiring harness from plug n play with the signal wire connecting to the 500.1 along with upgrading the power wire to the 500.1. With this installation Iā€™m curious what others have done/best practices for the OEM abandoned signal wiring and power cable to the now removed OEM amp. Appears this is all contained in the same OEM harness and a pain to remove. For now Iā€™ve simply unplugged. Should I take a time to remove the wiring or is it OK like this, just left unplugged? Any power running from the battery to the OEM amp? Thanks in advance.

Ford Bronco 2023 7-speaker with REAL sub wiring diagram? IMG_2477
Sponsored