Sponsored

2023 7-speaker with REAL sub wiring diagram?

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm looking for a diagram for the 7 speaker setup on the 23's that still came with a functional sub, if it makes a difference.

All the diagrams I am finding seem to be 6speaker, or b&o.

I am trying to track down the source wire color for the sub. My lc7i doesn't seem to be outputting to channel 3 with no input on 3 (non summed, auto on), so I figured maybe I'll just pull signal from the sub connection I removed, but it appears to be 4 wire.

Any info on the diagram would be great, or hell even info on why I may not be getting rca output signal on channel 3 of the lc7i.

Thanks!
Sponsored

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is your input to Channel 2? If you are using the rear speaker input on channel 2 you might not get anything out of output 3 if you are not summing the front and rears. I'm thinking that would be the case if the auto feature only uses channel 3 for sub signals and has some kind of low pass filter built in.

I'm not as familiar with the LC7 as I am with the LC2 and their DSPs.

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you talking from the Audio Control Module to the Amplifier? Or out of Amplifier to the sub?
I've been trying to track down the part number for the different ACMs just to see if they are actually different between 6 and 7 speaker configs.. I know the 6-speaker ACM and the B&O 10 speaker ACM are different because the B&O has the A2B output and HD Radio. I think these are the part numbers but I haven't been able to track down the 7 speaker config ACM. I'm not 100% on these.

6-Speaker ACM: M2DT-18K810-CE
B&O ACM: M2DZ-18K810-FEE (but -G maybe too)

If the 6 & 7 speaker ACMs are the same, it means people should be able to enable the subwoofer output using Forscan.

I'm giving serious thought to swapping the B&O ACM into mine eventually, but I recognize it means I'd need an aftermarket A2B converter and running my own speaker wires more than likely. It depends on how much I miss the HD Radio tuner.

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm looking for a diagram for the 7 speaker setup on the 23's that still came with a functional sub, if it makes a difference.

All the diagrams I am finding seem to be 6speaker, or b&o.

I am trying to track down the source wire color for the sub. My lc7i doesn't seem to be outputting to channel 3 with no input on 3 (non summed, auto on), so I figured maybe I'll just pull signal from the sub connection I removed, but it appears to be 4 wire.

Any info on the diagram would be great, or hell even info on why I may not be getting rca output signal on channel 3 of the lc7i.

Thanks!
The sub has its own run from the head unit in the second plug (i.e., not the plug you harness into for a key 200.4 for the other six speakers). So the six speakers are pretty much the same as the six speaker wiring diagram.

I have the diagram for the sub somewhere - and connector pics. Will post back later. I have been meant to do a write up.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Found it! Sub wiring diagram:
Ford Bronco 2023 7-speaker with REAL sub wiring diagram? seven speaker sub wiring diagram

Photos of the wires in the grey head unit connector:
Ford Bronco 2023 7-speaker with REAL sub wiring diagram? IMG_2762.JPG
Ford Bronco 2023 7-speaker with REAL sub wiring diagram? IMG_2760.JPG
Ford Bronco 2023 7-speaker with REAL sub wiring diagram? IMG_2765.JPG

Images of the connection to the DSP in the rear panel:

Ford Bronco 2023 7-speaker with REAL sub wiring diagram? IMG_2853.JPG
Ford Bronco 2023 7-speaker with REAL sub wiring diagram? IMG_2852.JPG
Ford Bronco 2023 7-speaker with REAL sub wiring diagram? IMG_2753.JPG
Ford Bronco 2023 7-speaker with REAL sub wiring diagram? IMG_2754.JPG

OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are you talking from the Audio Control Module to the Amplifier? Or out of Amplifier to the sub?
Lc7i to Amp. No signal coming out of channel 3, even though it on auto, which is my understanding duplicates channel 2 on channel 3 output

What is your input to Channel 2? If you are using the rear speaker input on channel 2 you might not get anything out of output 3 if you are not summing the front and rears. I'm thinking that would be the case if the auto feature only uses channel 3 for sub signals and has some kind of low pass filter built in.

I'm not as familiar with the LC7 as I am with the LC2 and their DSPs.
I am using rears onto channel 2, which yea of course are signal derated, but I would've assumed since the entire purpose of the lc7i is clean signal boost, that wouldn't be an issue. My rears also rock out np going through the lc7i and amp, so it's hard to imagine it's a low signal quality issue.

I've been trying to track down the part number for the different ACMs just to see if they are actually different between 6 and 7 speaker configs.. I know the 6-speaker ACM and the B&O 10 speaker ACM are different because the B&O has the A2B output and HD Radio. I think these are the part numbers but I haven't been able to track down the 7 speaker config ACM. I'm not 100% on these.

6-Speaker ACM: M2DT-18K810-CE
B&O ACM: M2DZ-18K810-G

If the 6 & 7 speaker ACMs are the same, it means people should be able to enable the subwoofer output using Forscan.

I'm giving serious thought to swapping the B&O ACM into mine eventually, but I recognize it means I'd need an aftermarket A2B converter and running my own speaker wires more than likely. It depends on how much I miss the HD Radio tuner.
Yea I've tried both acm codes and got errors. There is something different with either 23, or 7 speaker setup and I haven't found the correct code.

Found it! Sub wiring diagram:
Ford Bronco 2023 7-speaker with REAL sub wiring diagram? IMG_2754.JPG
Aye knew it was on a seperate "circut" since post harness install, the factory sub was still playing until I yanked it out. Thats why I figure since I can't seem to figure out how to get the lc7i to output chan 3 without input, rather than jumper from chan1/2 over to 3, I'll just pull that sub signal.

You are the man for the diagram, thank you!

OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just figured I'd add some pictures for shits and giggles. And yea, I forced myself to use scraps rather than throw em away, lol
Ford Bronco 2023 7-speaker with REAL sub wiring diagram? 20230315_150210
Ford Bronco 2023 7-speaker with REAL sub wiring diagram? 20230315_145105
Ford Bronco 2023 7-speaker with REAL sub wiring diagram? 20230315_145101
Ford Bronco 2023 7-speaker with REAL sub wiring diagram? 20230315_145057
Ford Bronco 2023 7-speaker with REAL sub wiring diagram? 20230315_140726
Ford Bronco 2023 7-speaker with REAL sub wiring diagram? IMG_20230315_140709

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Lc7i to Amp. No signal coming out of channel 3, even though it on auto, which is my understanding duplicates channel 2 on channel 3 output

I am using rears onto channel 2, which yea of course are signal derated, but I would've assumed since the entire purpose of the lc7i is clean signal boost, that wouldn't be an issue. My rears also rock out np going through the lc7i and amp, so it's hard to imagine it's a low signal quality issue.

Yea I've tried both acm codes and got errors. There is something different with either 23, or 7 speaker setup and I haven't found the correct code.

Aye knew it was on a seperate "circut" since post harness install, the factory sub was still playing until I yanked it out. Thats why I figure since I can't seem to figure out how to get the lc7i to output chan 3 without input, rather than jumper from chan1/2 over to 3, I'll just pull that sub signal.

You are the man for the diagram, thank you!
Real interested in what you figure out.

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On the wiring diagram, is the yellow/violet EN/CLIP the remote turn on?

Sponsored

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you tried turning on the channel summing? If there is no low range signal going to channel 2 input (like the rear speaker line) there is nothing the LC7 can do about that. Unless you sum the channels.

If you get something when you turn on channel sum, then you know it is the rear speaker line input range.

OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Real interested in what you figure out.
Will do. Gonna do some more testing this morning as it sits. Gonna move the rear rca's to channel 3 and see if they lose signal and mess with summing. Although if I sum, I lose individual control on the gains.

OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On the wiring diagram, is the yellow/violet EN/CLIP the remote turn on?
Yea I wondered about that too. For my needs all I need is the positive and neg leads. But curious to see what that is

OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have you tried turning on the channel summing? If there is no low range signal going to channel 2 input (like the rear speaker line) there is nothing the LC7 can do about that. Unless you sum the channels.

If you get something when you turn on channel sum, then you know it is the rear speaker line input range.
Summing is going to be my next test. However, everything I've read said I shouldn't need to sum for this. But I am going to test it again

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Summing is going to be my next test. However, everything I've read said I shouldn't need to sum for this. But I am going to test it again
Good Luck! Hope it works.

FYI - here are the signals you are getting front vs rear:
Ford Bronco 2023 7-speaker with REAL sub wiring diagram? speaker channels
Sponsored