Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not sure about an aftermarket solution. I've read on this forum that the sound deadening may not be necessary because the unwanted sound appears to becoming from defective seals between the roof panels. So, the sound deadening material may just be window dressing instead of a solution.
I'm very happy with my MIC 2.0. Seals work fine, no leaks; for the type of vehicle the Bronco is, the noise level is very acceptable, which I attribute in part to the sound deadening headliner provided at no charge. I have not had any issues with material falling down or shedding. IDK, may just have lucked out with the MIC that I received. I certainly would have preferred the MOD originally planned for the FE, but to date I can't find anything to complain about with the MIC.
Sponsored

williamoneal

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F250 - Probably won't make it till the Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Price protected should mean free for most of us with old orders. Right. I’ll keep dreaming.
No doubt about it. Or at least truly freeze it the the level when WE COMMITTED TO BUY ONE @jimfarley98 @Ford

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not hard to figure out who understands manufacturing and who has no idea at all.

Did Ford make mistakes? Without a doubt. But did they do it on purpose? Of course not.

My opinion is that the hardtop change to the thinner material was made to reduce weight and a decision made by Ford. Unfortunately this change was made late in the process and not enough time was allotted to test it out. Webasto tried to manufacture to the new specs but it just wasn't possible. Ford execs publicly threw Webasto under the bus to hide the spec change. If you look at the sandwiched design of the top you can see potential issues by making the skin thinner.

Just about all auto manufacturers failed at chip allocations. So when chip supply dried up they were all affected. I suspect US manufacturers were the least prepared. US manufacturers relied heavily on their sub-contractors to manage chip sourcing. When there were plenty of chips, no big deal. But because of the recent pandemic chip supplies (along with just about everything else) dried up and everyone was scrambling. Unfortunately the US auto manufacturers learned the hard way they needed to step in and manage the allocation process directly with the chip suppliers.

But pivoting to new plans is a lengthy process for a company the size of Ford. We saw what happened when they tried to pivot quickly with the top redesign.

So is there a good answer? A lot of companies are coming out of the pandemic, some better off than others. Did Ford learn from the mistakes? Hopefully.
Also not hard to figure out who the Ford fans are either.

Does any of this change why there are thousands of us who reserved still waiting 2 years later while people have been driving broncos for 6+ months without reservations?

Ford sucks for many reasons and the pandemic challenges is only part of it.

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 1st time Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does any of this change why there are thousands of us who reserved still waiting 2 years later while people have been driving broncos for 6+ months without reservations?
just came here to like this post

Sponsored

RACERED-WT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco – New Features, Changes, Differences (Including Black Painted MOD Top) 1661907356594

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco – New Features, Changes, Differences (Including Black Painted MOD Top) 1661907356594

https://fordauthority.com/2022/08/2023-ford-f-150-raptor-r-in-azure-gray-real-world-photo-gallery/

This article just posted... Sure looks like Area51 to me still. Can't wait to see a side-by-side
So this is exactly like AREA-51 to me?? Cactus grey and now this Azure Grey, look greenish or blueish to me. Can't we get a true grey? Nardo Grey or Brooklyn Grey? Carb Grey isn't bad but a lighhter actual grey would be better than colors that to me don't know what there trying to be..

BroncoJLandCJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ-7, 2020 JLU, Bronco res holder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
this lacks any reasoning. Care to elaborate?
I actually didn't plan on posting that. It was incomplete and I planned on abandoning the post. Guess I butt posted!

FWIW, here's what I was thinking:

The 2024 model year is rumored to be a mid-cycle refresh. I'm curious to see what is included.

My guesses are:

Hybrid or BEV option (although I bet BEV will be 2025)
Refreshed interior, specially the instrument cluster, and more soft touch materials.
Re-engineered soft top. I'm not a huge fan of the stagecoach position (top back, windows in). It's easily 3-4 inches taller than the Jeep. I could see it overall having a tighter fit, leading to slightly less sag across the roof line, and eliminate the rear window waves
More flare to metal fenders, less plastic fender (more of a Baja feel). Removable plastic fenders was a great idea, but few seem to actually remove them. Seems slightly overthought (and was needed to work on the current Ranger assembly line). Once they retool for the Ranger, it'll open up options for the Bronco.

I'd want AMB to come back too.

I'm a fan and will buy one at some point, but the wait made me pick up a new Jeep in 2020. Put me in less of a rush.

These are obviously all my opinions and guesses on 2024, but I figure Ford gets feedback from these boards just like we all do.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So this is exactly like AREA-51 to me?? Cactus grey and now this Azure Grey, look greenish or blueish to me. Can't we get a true grey? Nardo Grey or Brooklyn Grey? Carb Grey isn't bad but a lighhter actual grey would be better than colors that to me don't know what there trying to be..
I am no expert but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.....I think it is A51 plus metallic added. My daughter likes the sparkle sparkle. With that said, not my color

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also not hard to figure out who the Ford fans are either.

Ford sucks for many reasons and the pandemic challenges is only part of it.
Show me where they are forcing you into doing something you don’t want to. I’ll wait.

Sponsored

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Show me where they are forcing you into doing something you don’t want to. I’ll wait.
“I’ll take irrelevant comments for $1000, Alex.”

DAILY DOUBLE! “Here’s the question.”

“What does forcing a customer to do something and not keeping your written word have in common?”

“The answer would be nothing, Alex.”

“Bingo and you wagered $1000 so you win $2000.”

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco – New Features, Changes, Differences (Including Black Painted MOD Top) 1661912606307

Broncobadlands2023

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your rebuttal is that it’s the customers fault Ford is building them out of order because Ford isn’t forcing people to wait? Surely you had to think about how ridiculous that sounded before you posted it, right?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“I’ll take irrelevant comments for $1000, Alex.”

DAILY DOUBLE! “Here’s the question.”

“What does forcing a customer to do something and not keeping your written word have in common?”

“The answer would be nothing, Alex.”

“Bingo and you wagered $1000 so you win $2000.”

1661912606307.gif
Your rebuttal is that it’s the customers fault Ford is building them out of order because Ford isn’t forcing people to wait? Surely you had to think about how ridiculous that sounded before you posted it, right?
You understand that no one is forcing you to get a Bronco? Complaining about something you don’t deserve is what sounds ridiculous. Some of y’all deserve a Jeep Compass with a broken transmission.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

FACTS. I was really hoping for Avalanche Grey or Leadfoot Grey. Will Azure Grey and Area 51 both be offered at the same time? They are literally the same except for metallic flake…
Sponsored