Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do they have to make this tougher than it is? All they need to do is make a 2door 4door with a removable bulkhead and a half cab. The gladiator would sell better if they had simply done this. Driving one wouldn’t feel like pulling a trailer with a regular Jeep.
This. I'd have one right now if they did that simple thing.
Sponsored

Internally_Combusted

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy C10
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why is everyone saying the Gladiator is a sales failure? They moved 77,542 units in 2020 which was a ~94% increase YoY from 2019. It's a high margin vehicles since it heavily based on the wrangler and is expensive for what it is. Why would Ford not want to get in on that?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why is everyone saying the Gladiator is a sales failure? They moved 77,542 units in 2020 which was a ~94% increase YoY from 2019. It's a high margin vehicles since it heavily based on the wrangler and is expensive for what it is. Why would Ford not want to get in on that?
Exactly.

It also sells well for being one of the most polarizing (looks-wise) vehicles currently being made.

I have no doubt a better looking Bronco truck would do well. I know I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Pickup Rendering 1611089589439

I’d be remiss if I didn’t show my Trail Truck concept off. Very limited market for sure, but it would not compete directly with Ranger or Maverick unless they gain single cab models. It would also require the least amount of custom parts to make it happen; as it is based off of the 4DR. Not going to happen, but it would be cool nonetheless.

Last edited:

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great, a Gladiator made out with a Ridgeline.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is there really room for a Ranger, Bronco truck, and a Maverick in Ford's lineup? Seems like they would all steal sales from one another.
Remember when auto makers had at least four different cars? And now that the market has changed they have three or four different crossovers and sometimes an SUV as well? Why should it be any different for pickups?
Maverick: compact economy
Ranger: mid-sized all-around
Bronco p/u: off-road specialty

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Remember when auto makers had at least four different cars? And now that the market has changed they have three or four different crossovers and sometimes an SUV as well? Why should it be any different for pickups?
Maverick: compact economy
Ranger: mid-sized all-around
Bronco p/u: off-road specialty
Ok. I’ll give you that one. Although, they would still be stealing sales from each other. Of course, when has that ever bothered Ford? I believe that’s all Mercury did for most of its existence. ?

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’d be remiss if I didn’t show my Trail Truck concept off. Very limited market for sure, but it would not compete directly with Ranger or Maverick unless they gain single cab models. It would also require the least amount of custom parts to make it happen; as it is based off of the 4DR. Not going to happen, but it would be cool nonetheless.
I'm over here hoping that Filson bulkhead makes it to the aftermarket for this... 2DR halfcab ftw

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This image is a strong indication of what the pickup will look like if constructed.

I will say that in a vacuum where the options are this or a Gladiator, this winds hands-down. This is way better-looking and not so ass-awkward as the Gladiator.

But this is literally on the same platform as a Ranger. The Ranger can be had with a decent off-road package. It can tow a helluva lot more. Are there serious off-roaders saying, "Man, I really need a truck but the Ranger isn't off-road capable enough and I can't deal with the limitation of a Bronco with a roof"?

Also--side bar--that Truck is going to be limited in departure and possibly break-over angles by the spare tire which would be stored under the bed, so in the end, it's not likely to outdo a Ranger Tremor.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Looks good, but I think the ship has sailed on single-cab trucks. 1 1/2 cab is the bare minimum now and those are the low-volume sellers. Dual cab is the new preferred option.

It makes sense. We were in that boat 17 years ago. "I'd like a truck but I can't afford a truck as an extra vehicle. It needs to haul my family, too." Bang, SuperCrew it is.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will say that in a vacuum where the options are this or a Gladiator, this winds hands-down. This is way better-looking and not so ass-awkward as the Gladiator.

But this is literally on the same platform as a Ranger. The Ranger can be had with a decent off-road package. It can tow a helluva lot more. Are there serious off-roaders saying, "Man, I really need a truck but the Ranger isn't off-road capable enough and I can't deal with the limitation of a Bronco with a roof"?

Also--side bar--that Truck is going to be limited in departure and possibly break-over angles by the spare tire which would be stored under the bed, so in the end, it's not likely to outdo a Ranger Tremor.
Some thoughts:
A. Some people have enough connection with the Bronco that they'd pay a higher price to have the name on their truck instead of the Ranger. This would be a high-profit vehicle for Ford.
B. One would assume that a pickup variant could support full load of a Class III hitch (5000lbs).
C. Some people will pay the premium to be able to remove the roof and doors.
D. If you needed that extra angle wouldn't you pop the spare tire up into the bed for the day?
E. The. Ranger. Doesn't. Come. With. A. Stick.